• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you use the touring plans room request fax if you are staying at the Poly using rented DVC points? Thanks!

Hello all! We just booked our first Poly stay for Dec 2017 for two nights in a Garden View club level room. I did a search of this thread as I am trying to obtain information but probably am not looking in the correct place. Is anyone familiar with which rooms in Hawaii are garden view and if it includes all three floors? Assuming so but wanted to check. Also, does the club lounge offer a view of the fireworks, and is it difficult to get a seat for viewing? Does the lounge or the beach play the fireworks music?

@GraceMonica I have been reading about the twilight feast! Does it include everything served at Ohana (bread, salad, noodles, pot stickers, wings, veggies, meat, bread pudding, anything else I am missing :)?)

Hello all! We just booked our first Poly stay for Dec 2017 for two nights in a Garden View club level room. I did a search of this thread as I am trying to obtain information but probably am not looking in the correct place. Is anyone familiar with which rooms in Hawaii are garden view and if it includes all three floors? Assuming so but wanted to check. Also, does the club lounge offer a view of the fireworks, and is it difficult to get a seat for viewing? Does the lounge or the beach play the fireworks music?

@GraceMonica I have been reading about the twilight feast! Does it include everything served at Ohana (bread, salad, noodles, pot stickers, wings, veggies, meat, bread pudding, anything else I am missing :)?)

Congrats on booking. We love Poly CL. I'll try to answer most of your questions:

- All of the Garden View (GV) rooms face south towards the Oasis Pool. They are all on one side of the Hawaii longhouse, and yes, on all three floors. Second floor rooms do not have a balcony. Most folks tend to request either a third or first floor room if a balcony/patio is important to you.
- Yes, the club lounge has a great view of the fireworks. They play the music as well. One note, I am not a fan of watching Wishes from the lounge. They don't turn the lights down and depending on the crowd it can still be noisy with folks who aren't necessarily there for Wishes. As you can see below it's not that big and front row seats are at a premium. But good news, you are steps away from the beach area which is where I would go to watch the fireworks.
IMG_0186.JPG

Congrats on booking. We love Poly CL. I'll try to answer most of your questions:

- All of the Garden View (GV) rooms face south towards the Oasis Pool. They are all on one side of the Hawaii longhouse, and yes, on all three floors. Second floor rooms do not have a balcony. Most folks tend to request either a third or first floor room if a balcony/patio is important to you.
- Yes, the club lounge has a great view of the fireworks. They play the music as well. One note, I am not a fan of watching Wishes from the lounge. They don't turn the lights down and depending on the crowd it can still be noisy with folks who aren't necessarily there for Wishes. As you can see below it's not that big and front row seats are at a premium. But good news, you are steps away from the beach area which is where I would go to watch the fireworks.
View attachment 203097

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!!!

an you use the touring plans room request fax if you are staying at the Poly using rented DVC points? Thanks!

And to add on to this question, does the TP fax really help securing the requests you have for rooms (such as connecting, adjoining, etc.)? I will not be using DVC points if that makes a difference.

We had a garden view CL room in June. Ground floor, literally steps from the Oasis pool. It was great! I requested third or first floor because outdoor space is best for my family and we loved being on the ground floor. It was quiet and we didn't have any issues with the room. The lounge can get a little crazy sometimes, people everywhere . CMs replenish everything, you just have to be patient sometimes. We liked watching Wishes from the lounge, kids were already in their pajamas and we just went right back downstairs to bed afterwards. I hope you have a great trip!

And to add on to this question, does the TP fax really help securing the requests you have for rooms (such as connecting, adjoining, etc.)? I will not be using DVC points if that makes a difference.
Didn't help me on my non-points reservation. I got about as far away from my initial request as possible.

we've had good luck with it for both DVC and non DVC reservations. 5/6 rooms were what we requested via the fax.

we've had good luck with it for both DVC and non DVC reservations. 5/6 rooms were what we requested via the fax.

So on the fax, am I able to request a specific room # or just give general requests? I don't understand the difference between the official form that is submitted to WDW with room request info and that of the TP fax?

I was tired of waiting for my room so I went to the front desk, and well, I didn't get what I requested (samoa, 3rd floor) but I got what my gut was telling me to change my request to.

20161022_152246_zpsnc5hjynk.jpg

Awesome view :cloud9:.

Checked into my club kevel room tonight, very nice!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy Poly CL :wizard:.

We checked in on Saturday & never got a text with our room location. We went to the desk expecting the worst, but instead we were given our leis & our exact request (3rd floor Samoa facing the Lava Pool)... :lovestruc If only we had this view at home!

Glad your room requests were met. Enjoy your time at the Poly :goodvibes.

We leave for our trip one year from tomorrow! :rotfl:sigh. tick tock, tick tock....

It seems like a long way off, but the time will go fast and you will be checking into the Poly before you know it ;).

Here now and the weather is absolutely perfect. Sitting in the pool area, lounging and watching some pool games in progress.

I think the poly is turning my husband into a disney lover. We've gotten room service for the past three nights. Two of those nights have been the Polynesian twilight feast. My husband thinks its the best deal on property. I'm not going to disagree with him! :thumbsup2 Last Night I was full before we even got to the meats! And I eat a lot of food!

Tonight we have the Halloween party!

Thanks for checking in. Glad you're having a great trip :).

Congrats on booking your first Poly stay! GADisneyDad answered your questions, but I wanted to say I hope you enjoy the planning and have a great trip :wizard:.

So on the fax, am I able to request a specific room # or just give general requests? I don't understand the difference between the official form that is submitted to WDW with room request info and that of the TP fax?
Generally, it's not recommended to ask for an individual room number. If there's not other direction and that room isn't available, you'll get placed in whatever is available. Getting one room out of X in a category is often hard due to the way people check in and out on different days.

we've used the TP fax, which gives a range of room numbers + some info on them. we also add a note telling more about what we're looking for and noting any special celebrations.

So I think we are going to switch our May reservation over to POLY from BWV. Few question, since the DVC rooms are converted hotel rooms, the DVC longhouse have connecting rooms still? Asking b/c we are traveling with another family and connecting rooms would be ideal. Also, when doing online check in, what are the request options that they give you to chose from for a standard DVC studio? Appreciate your help.

So I think we are going to switch our May reservation over to POLY from BWV. Few question, since the DVC rooms are converted hotel rooms, the DVC longhouse have connecting rooms still? Asking b/c we are traveling with another family and connecting rooms would be ideal. Also, when doing online check in, what are the request options that they give you to chose from for a standard DVC studio? Appreciate your help.
All but one or two of the studios in the DVC longhouses connect to one other studio. As ever, this is a request not a guarantee, but it is a fairly easy request for them to fulfill.

They give you very few options for check-in online, mostly upper/lower/near elevator stuff.

All but one or two of the studios in the DVC longhouses connect to one other studio. As ever, this is a request not a guarantee, but it is a fairly easy request for them to fulfill.

They give you very few options for check-in online, mostly upper/lower/near elevator stuff.

Thanks! Appreciate it. Have you saying in a studio there? If so, it look like there isn't a lot of places for storage or dressers to put your stuff away in. Where did you put all your clothes? Also, we will have the couch pulled out, where do you put the table/chest that is in front of the couch when its pulled out so its not in the way?

Thanks! Appreciate it. Have you saying in a studio there? If so, it look like there isn't a lot of places for storage or dressers to put your stuff away in. Where did you put all your clothes? Also, we will have the couch pulled out, where do you put the table/chest that is in front of the couch when its pulled out so its not in the way?
I've stayed in both. Storage in the studios is weak for 4+ guests, IMO. You just have to sort of stack stuff in odd places, including possibly the bathroom.

I've stayed in both. Storage in the studios is weak for 4+ guests, IMO. You just have to sort of stack stuff in odd places, including possibly the bathroom.

Yeah I took tell looking at the pictures that there wasn't really room to store things. That makes no sense to me, but hey, if we switch, we will make it works its 2A and 2C. So it should be too bad. We have to have the couch pulled at and was wondering where that would do. We have a 2 year old so I didn't want him falling over it. I guess it can go under the TV where the bed pulls down, as we won't be needing that.

I see in the DVC pictures that there is a drawer that pulls out from under the bed. Is there also room to slide other stuff under the bed?

I was thinking of packing clothes in those soft packing cubes and shoving those under the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter