• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying at the Poly using rented DVC points in late January. This will be our third stay in three years, but first at DVC. Just bought our plane tix this morning and can hardly contain my excitement to go back!!!

Last year our twins slept on small blow-up mattresses, but I think we are going to try having them sleep in beds this time with us. They sleep in full beds at home, but we have never slept in a bed with them. I'd sleep with one and DH would sleep with the other. (Them together is a recipe for disaster.)

Does anyone know if you can get the kids bed rails in the DVC rooms? And if they work on the fold out bed?

DVC studio has one real bed, a pull out couch, and a drop down Murphy twin bed. I would put one on the pull out couch (that might be the size of a double bed) and the other on the drop down Murphy bed. I have found with our kids that if they are in the same bed, they goof around more, haggle over blankets, noise, movement, etc. and generally don't get to sleep easy and one waking up wakes the other up, resulting in not well rested children for the next day. 2 park days in and everyone seems to knock out from exhaustion. :)

The pull-out at Poly DVC is actually a queen. It's one of two DVCs with the slightly bigger couch.

Online Checkin & Flower Lei's?

Has anyone done online checkin where you got your room number before you arrived and didn't have to go to the front desk to check in? If so, did they still bring you lei's or do you have to go to the checkin desk to get those? Also, how late do they do that? We won't arrive to Poly until around 9pm or so. Seems like such a cool part of the Poly experience that I don't want my wife and kids to miss out on.

Online Checkin & Flower Lei's?

Has anyone done online checkin where you got your room number before you arrived and didn't have to go to the front desk to check in? If so, did they still bring you lei's or do you have to go to the checkin desk to get those? Also, how late do they do that? We won't arrive to Poly until around 9pm or so. Seems like such a cool part of the Poly experience that I don't want my wife and kids to miss out on.
They will not bring you leis. You can go into the GCH and get the leis. They have them at the desk all night.

Good to know. Not that hard to stop at the front desk for those on our way in. Is it just the check in desk or is it another desk that has the Lei's?

Anyone who has ordered the Twilight Feast, any chance you can request a pescatarian (seafood only) or vegetarian option? I know they have these at 'Ohana, but unsure whether that extended to the in-room feast.

They were able to accommodate us not wanting the shrimp - they just added extra of the other meats. My guess is that they'd be willing to work with you. We've found the room service at the poly to be very accommodating and helpful!

Our girls came home from college this weekend to celebrate my birthday and this was part of my gift from our kids. They knew what I would love. We have it lit from this morning and every time we smell it - we feel like we are at the Polynesian. We miss the Poly so much from this summer and this candle makes me smile every time I smell it. I wanted to share.

Polynesian%20Candle_zpsyvn9ov0g.jpg

So excited for our first stay here!!! We will be coming June 14-20. We were planning on staying at the Beach Club (our favorite) for the whole trip, but we were unable to get it for the first 6 nights. At first I was a little disappointed but now I am super excited to be staying here. My brother is going to join us for this part of the trip and we also have friends staying here at the same time. It is going to be so much fun.

Well I think I've done the most impulsive thing I've done in a while and switched from POR to the Poly.

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Our girls came home from college this weekend to celebrate my birthday and this was part of my gift from our kids. They knew what I would love. We have it lit from this morning and every time we smell it - we feel like we are at the Polynesian. We miss the Poly so much from this summer and this candle makes me smile every time I smell it. I wanted to share.

What a great birthday gift! It's always nice having things around the house that remind you of a favorite trip/resort :goodvibes.

So excited for our first stay here!!! We will be coming June 14-20. We were planning on staying at the Beach Club (our favorite) for the whole trip, but we were unable to get it for the first 6 nights. At first I was a little disappointed but now I am super excited to be staying here. My brother is going to join us for this part of the trip and we also have friends staying here at the same time. It is going to be so much fun.

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay. The Poly is amazing, you will love it! :)

Yeah I took tell looking at the pictures that there wasn't really room to store things. That makes no sense to me, but hey, if we switch, we will make it works its 2A and 2C. So it should be too bad. We have to have the couch pulled at and was wondering where that would do. We have a 2 year old so I didn't want him falling over it. I guess it can go under the TV where the bed pulls down, as we won't be needing that.
I take one of the sweater shelves you can hang in closet. They r very inexpensive but really helps. Have a great time.

We just got back from the Poly 2 days ago and the only mugs they had were without handles and pink and purple colors.

We are staying at the Poly this coming Feb./March. It's been about 7 years since we have stayed there and so much has changed in that time. I have ready through the first few pages, but still have a few questions. We are staying in a studio on DVC points that I rented from a friend.

The oasis pool: I have looked over a menu and it looks like there are some really great options there. I read somewhere that the full menu isn't served all day. Can anyone tell me what hours the full menu is available. We will likely be at the pool around lunch time/early afternoon most days. Also, what are the typical pool hours? I loved that once upon a time you could go to the pools at anytime. Seems now with the gated pools there are enforced pool hours.

Does anyone know if Captain Cooks or the little gift shop upstairs sells French Vanilla creamer for coffee? I know Contemporary had it back in June, just wondering if the Poly also carries this. I have seen a few pictures of the coolers and haven't seen the creamer in any of the pictures.

We have two teen boys. 17 and 14 at the time of the trip. Has anyone ever slept on the sofa bed without opening it? Like can he just sleep on it as a sofa? Our 14 year old is small and will fit just fine on the murphy bed under the TV. Would be nice if we could fashion a bed on the sofa for the 17 year old without having to open and close it every day. Just wondering if it's long enough to be comfortable. He isn't really tall, maybe 5ft. 6, and fits just fine on our sofa at home.

This is going to sound really odd! LOL. We are driving to WDW. We are seriously considering ordering the twilight feast on our last night, packing it in an ice chest and taking it home with us. We usually get home around dinner time after driving back home and always stop and pick up fast food just before arriving at home. Was thinking it would be awesome to reheat Ohana's when we get home instead. Kind of extend our stay at the Poly for just a little bit longer. I have heard that they bring a ton of food. Wondering if ordering for 2 adults would be plenty for a family of 4?

Any other tips or suggestions to make the most of our stay are welcomed! Like I said its been years since we have stayed at the Poly and there is so much new since then. Thanks!!!

Oasis was serving ~11-5PM in October for full menu. The bar served part of the menu after 5, but no salads among other exclusions after 5. Oasis hours were 7AM-11PM. Lava was 10AM-9PM. Hours can vary by season. They did enforce at Lava Pool.

I do not believe your son will be comfortable on the sofa without pulling it out.

Polynesian%20Candle_zpsyvn9ov0g.jpg
Thank you for posting this!!!!! I just ordered one! We left the Poly a couple days ago and I am missing it :(

Can non-poly resort guests order drinks from the bars at the pools? Or are they inside the entry gates? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter