• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can non-poly resort guests order drinks from the bars at the pools? Or are they inside the entry gates? Thanks!
The Oasis Pool bar is 100% behind the gate and cannot be accessed by non-guests. There is a portion of the Lava Pool bar that can be accessed from the dock area where non-guests can order, but not enter the pool gated area.

Thank you for posting this!!!!! I just ordered one! We left the Poly a couple days ago and I am missing it :(
You are very welcome. I miss the Poly so much. It truly was so relaxing there. I am sure you saw they have so many different candles. My DD wants the Beach club one too. I just love the smell. I am glad that I could help. Enjoy!

After much waffling back and forth between the Beach Club and the Poly we finally went with our hearts and booked a garden view club level room June 15-25th. My husband and I stayed in a TPV Tuvalu room back in 2013 and loved it. We've never done club level and are very excited about it. The husband might have to work remotely a little so having the extra space seemed like a good idea. We'll be celebrating my eldest daughter graduating high school.

Question, did they remove ALL of the hammocks from the beach? One of our fondest memories from the last trip was watching Wishes while swinging in one.

Yes, that fence was added earlier this summer. My photo above was taken as they were installing a small layer of rocks behind the fence and into the water. You can kind of see the rocks already placed on the right side. The yellow barrier in the water in that pic was just a temporary construction barrier as they installed the rocks, that's not longer there.

After much waffling back and forth between the Beach Club and the Poly we finally went with our hearts and booked a garden view club level room June 15-25th. My husband and I stayed in a TPV Tuvalu room back in 2013 and loved it. We've never done club level and are very excited about it. The husband might have to work remotely a little so having the extra space seemed like a good idea. We'll be celebrating my eldest daughter graduating high school.

Question, did they remove ALL of the hammocks from the beach? One of our fondest memories from the last trip was watching Wishes while swinging in one.

I think you made a great choice! We had a nice stay and enjoyed trying the BC, but the Poly is our favorite. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

As others have posted, the hammocks have been removed :(.

Yeah, no hammocks unless I've just totally missed them, but a couple of swings.

You didn't miss them, they are gone :sad1:.

Swings are nice but the hammocks will be missed.

I agree. We spent many afternoons relaxing in a hammock while listening to the boat horns :cloud9:. I will definitely miss them on our next Poly stay!

My sisters and I are surprising my Mom and Dad with an upgrade to the Poly from ASSP in mid-December for their 34th Anniversary. Having never stayed anywhere except the values we know this is going to come as quite a surprise to them. My question is: We went with Standard view because Preferred was going to be almost an additional $1000 on top of the $2000 we already spent but I'm really concerned they are going to get there and end up with a view of the parking lot or monorail support beam and I really don't want that kind of let down for them. Does anyone have any pictures/experience with this? What is the 'worst' view you could get at the Poly?

I'm really concerned they are going to get there and end up with a view of the parking lot or monorail support beam and I really don't want that kind of let down for them.

There are very few "parking lot" views in Poly Standard. If you're on the front side of Rarotonga or Aotearoa, you may have a monorail and garden view, but... it's not a bad view. It's actually a pretty cool view. Unless you live in an apartment in Chicago with a view of the El, it's not a view you'll have anywhere else (and El views rarely have tropical plants!).

The worst view you can get at the Poly is roughly a one-two room block in Tuvalu where your view is basically of the back-end of Fiji. The odds of getting those rooms is low.

There are very few "parking lot" views in Poly Standard. If you're on the front side of Rarotonga or Aotearoa, you may have a monorail and garden view, but... it's not a bad view. It's actually a pretty cool view. Unless you live in an apartment in Chicago with a view of the El, it's not a view you'll have anywhere else (and El views rarely have tropical plants!).

The worst view you can get at the Poly is roughly a one-two room block in Tuvalu where your view is basically of the back-end of Fiji. The odds of getting those rooms is low.
Poly has THE best SV rooms in all of WDW, in my opinion.

Poly has THE best SV rooms in all of WDW, in my opinion.
Yeah. I mean, of the SV rooms, I think there are a handful that are kind of meh. Those rooms in Tuvalu with a "corridor view" of Fiji are probably the worst, and that's maybe 6 rooms. Some first floor corner rooms can be a little underwhelming; 3801 in Rarotonga seems like it would not be the best patio to have.

Maybe 5% of SV might be "disappointing." And the degree of disappointing depends on if you planned to spend a lot of time in the room. A 2 minute walk to the dock or beach with your coffee cures all disappointment.

Our girls came home from college this weekend to celebrate my birthday and this was part of my gift from our kids. They knew what I would love. We have it lit from this morning and every time we smell it - we feel like we are at the Polynesian. We miss the Poly so much from this summer and this candle makes me smile every time I smell it. I wanted to share.

Polynesian%20Candle_zpsyvn9ov0g.jpg

This is awesome! I just made a quick search of this thread to try to find out where everyone is getting these candles, and I found a few different options, but yours appears to be directly from anthologycandles.com? I'm going to hint to DH that I want the Poly, BC, and GF for Christmas!

That actually makes me feel a lot better. I'm not huge on "room views" but I'd hate to pay a boatload and see the side of a dumpster or something.
No dumpster views here. As mentioned, the worst you'll get is the side of a building.

My go to request is Fuji, where you'll get a view of the marina on one side or the beach on the other. At other resorts you'd pay big bucks for those "water views"!!

This is awesome! I just made a quick search of this thread to try to find out where everyone is getting these candles, and I found a few different options, but yours appears to be directly from anthologycandles.com? I'm going to hint to DH that I want the Poly, BC, and GF for Christmas!

That is exactly what I did. I didn't know the brand - but I just hinted to my youngest DD that I would love a Poly candle. My older daughter found it on Etsy. I love it.

Reactions: TJA
No dumpster views here. As mentioned, the worst you'll get is the side of a building.

My go to request is Fuji, where you'll get a view of the marina on one side or the beach on the other. At other resorts you'd pay big bucks for those "water views"!!

I'm thinking of having my TA request that or Samoa, both look ideal for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter