Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poly has THE best SV rooms in all of WDW, in my opinion.

Does this hold true for the standard view Villas as well? I would think that Pago Pago would have a fair chance of getting a parking lot view. So say half the rooms there have parking lot views, and it's one out of two and a half buildings (half of Moorea is lake view), so roughly a 20-25% chance of a parking lot view?

Does this hold true for the standard view Villas as well? I would think that Pago Pago would have a fair chance of getting a parking lot view. So say half the rooms there have parking lot views, and it's one out of two and a half buildings (half of Moorea is lake view), so roughly a 20-25% chance of a parking lot view?

Pago Pago is the building with the most "true" parking lot views at the Poly. 34 rooms there face the parking lot, without a lot of greenery as separation. That's from the total of 288 Standard View villas. Puts you at 12% of SV Villas with "parking lot" views.

The other 42 rooms in Pago Pago face a garden area, as do the 70 SV rooms in Moorea. The 142 SV villas in Tokelau mostly are garden/pool, with a few with side-on castle views.

Poly has THE best SV rooms in all of WDW, in my opinion.

Right?!? And not just WDW, but Disneyland Resort hotels as well! We've had plenty of "standard" views of nothing. Like no theming, no nothing, just a roof, the top of an overhang of some sort or a parking lot, but not "parking lot in the distance past lush tropical landscaping" but more like parking lot directly under your window! And those rooftop views always had something weird on it. One had a folding chair on it that never moved in 5 days! Another had a fine collection of towels, clothes and bits of garbage that fell off of people's balconies!! We stayed at the Poly for the first time this past March and were laughing at the "bad" room views we saw online! Our "standard" view at the Poly was of the oasis pool area and palm trees - so nice!!

The Oasis Pool bar is 100% behind the gate and cannot be accessed by non-guests. There is a portion of the Lava Pool bar that can be accessed from the dock area where non-guests can order, but not enter the pool gated area.

Awesome.. thank you! There's a drink on the menu that I really want to try :rotfl::drinking1

My 8 year old had a very important question that I could not answer.... Is chocolate milk available in the club lounge?

My 8 year old had a very important question that I could not answer.... Is chocolate milk available in the club lounge?

Yes, upon request. They might not always have it in the back, but in my experience they usually do. It's the individual Nestle bottles.

This is awesome! I just made a quick search of this thread to try to find out where everyone is getting these candles, and I found a few different options, but yours appears to be directly from anthologycandles.com? I'm going to hint to DH that I want the Poly, BC, and GF for Christmas!
I got the wax tarts for my wax warmer. I have the Poly, Beach Club and the Floridian. I love them ! Whenever I smell them I think of being at Dsiney. I love the way the resort lobbies smell.

Reactions: TJA
IS Kona coffee available in the rooms or is it the standard coffee at other resorts?

Are there Kuriegs by chance in the deluxe studios?

Are there kids' life jackets provided at the pools? We're planning on bringing our own for our little guy but I'm thinking that he will want to jump in the pool the MOMENT we get there and our luggage won't be there that quickly. Thanks!

Are there kids' life jackets provided at the pools? We're planning on bringing our own for our little guy but I'm thinking that he will want to jump in the pool the MOMENT we get there and our luggage won't be there that quickly. Thanks!

Yes, with plenty of sizes to choose from.

Has this thread gotten too large? For some reason, I can't view all of the pictures on the first page anymore. I can view the first 8 or so pictures, but that's it. It may just be my computer.

We're getting ready to book our FIRST WDW trip w/o kids for May, 2017! Kids are in their 20's! :rolleyes1

Are Standard Poly room usually included in discounts? Or are they generally already booked by the time discounts come out? At WL we always booked early then had no problem applying discounts as they were released. Wondering if this strategy applies to the Poly as well.

We have always been WL folks but this time, DH and I are very excited about the Poly!!:love:

Thanks folks!:worship:

We were in captain cooks today and now there are lots of mugs with handles and different colors.

Thanks for the update :).

We're getting ready to book our FIRST WDW trip w/o kids for May, 2017! Kids are in their 20's! :rolleyes1

Are Standard Poly room usually included in discounts? Or are they generally already booked by the time discounts come out? At WL we always booked early then had no problem applying discounts as they were released. Wondering if this strategy applies to the Poly as well.

We have always been WL folks but this time, DH and I are very excited about the Poly!!:love:

Thanks folks!:worship:

I think you'll like the Poly. We love the WL as it's a great resort, but the Poly is just amazing! It is a popular resort, but I have always found there be availability with a discount. Sometimes the discount is on the lower end (i.e., 15-20%), but standard rooms (in my experience) are usually offered in promos :goodvibes.

Still waiting for a good discount for August. Cant wait to be back at the Poly!

Hope you get a good discount :wizard:.

Two quick questions regarding transportation. First time staying at the Poly. We typically stay in one of the Epcot resorts, but wanted to try something new. While I know it changes, what stop is the POLY of the Magical express? As far as transportation to and from the parks via bus. What resorts share a bus and what stop to and from the parks is the Poly usually? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter