• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I rotated it for you. Seems to confirm the information posted before on Twitter. I still can't figure out why the bus information between Monorail resorts is so small... 8 PM - 11 PM. Almost if they are trying to hide it.

Dave

View attachment 517933

Why re-write the whole sign when you can just add in the little bit of info you need to change! Lol. (Taken earlier in July)
D113CF4C-00FC-4963-8A78-19B20229D8D1.jpeg

Odd that it's so random. We took the boat from MK to the Poly for dinner at Kona around 6:30 pm. It wasn't the normal boat they use. It was a large, old, slow boat that was repurposed from Animal Kingdom (the cruise they used to have around the "river" at the park). We were the only people on the boat so we chatted with the two captains. They told us that they sent those two old boats over for resort boat service from Poly to MK and eventually adding in GF. They have much nicer boats that go to WL. The boat chugged along and got us there- but man it was slow!

Odd that it's so random. We took the boat from MK to the Poly for dinner at Kona around 6:30 pm. It wasn't the normal boat they use. It was a large, old, slow boat that was repurposed from Animal Kingdom (the cruise they used to have around the "river" at the park). We were the only people on the boat so we chatted with the two captains. They told us that they sent those two old boats over for resort boat service from Poly to MK and eventually adding in GF. They have much nicer boats that go to WL. The boat chugged along and got us there- but man it was slow!
Funny you say that because I saw this boat near dock. It didn’t actually dock though.

Attachments

• 51D2CF2B-0655-4A21-81BB-7C97B87387EC.jpeg
    51D2CF2B-0655-4A21-81BB-7C97B87387EC.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 53
If anyone is there now, im just wondering whether they have added any additional items to the menu at Capt Cooks.
The current menu is on website. They are closing at 10:00 PM. We got coconut meatballs, Asian Noodles, Tonga Toast and a breakfast flatbread so far.

Funny you say that because I saw this boat near dock. It didn’t actually dock though.

That's not the same boat. This one we were on was white and blue and open air- no yellow roofing.
That boat looks like the Friendship boats from Crescent Lake?

When I was there last month those old AK boats would run during the day, but they had strange hours. Didn’t run before rope drop, and would eventually be put in service sometime after rope drop. We’d watch every day as guests would come around 8am+, wait for awhile, get frustrated, and leave. Lol.

At park closing sometimes they’d stay running and sometimes head in. It was hard to figure out what was going on and it was almost as if it was running as a unofficial and not consistent alternative to the monorail.

YMMV I guess!

Is the oasis pool open late? I read some where that the main pools closed at 9 but the quiet pools were open 24 hrs.

The Oasis pool was initally open 7 AM - 11 PM but the recent update to the Disney Experiences web pages indicate the leisure pools are open 24 hours a day. We have not had any first had reports since the change.

Dave

The Oasis pool was initally open 7 AM - 11 PM but the recent update to the Disney Experiences web pages indicate the leisure pools are open 24 hours a day. We have not had any first had reports since the change.

Dave

Boardwalk villas leisure pool said the same...7 am - 11 pm. I asked the pool CM at the leisure pool because the website said 24 Hours. The CM said they are open 24 hours, but between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am they may come around to clean or test the chemical levels and if they do you have to get out. So you're only guaranteed Uninterrupted swim between 7 and 11. But the gates are supposed to be open 24 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter