Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Hi Everyone!
We're trying to book the Polynesian (studio) for early next year. When we stayed there some years back, the bathroom was actually 2 rooms (shower/sink in one, toilet/tub/sink in the other) which REALLY helped to get everyone ready in the morning. But when I look at the club level studios, it seems like the bathroom is all in one room there.
I know this must sound like a silly question but it will have a big impact on our choice of room type.
Can anyone help clarify? With all of the recent renovations there, I can't get a clear answer from Disney.
Many thanks!
You previously stayed in a DVC studio. The club level rooms are regular Poly hotel rooms, with the single bathroom as you see. They are not studios - the only DVC club level studios are at AKL.

You previously stayed in a DVC studio. The club level rooms are regular Poly hotel rooms, with the single bathroom as you see. They are not studios - the only DVC club level studios are at AKL.
Thank you so much for the clarification! When we were last at Poly Tokelau wasn't considered a DVC (I didn't realize how long it had been!)

Anyone there recently or know where I can find info on what wine the gift shop has available? Not sure whether I want to be tethered to the resort waiting for a delivery, but if the price warrants it I will

DVC studios normally have a drip coffeemaker that takes the flat coffee filter packs (provided) or your own coffee and flat bottom filters. In the past, studios had 4 cup coffeemakers but I’m frequently seeing reports of 12 cup being there instead.
Thank you! My coffee loving heart appreciates you sharing your info!

Just back and wanted to thank everyone for all the info on the boards. It was 50 years ago that we had our first trip to WDW and the Poly; it was a great memorable trip with the sisters, kids, and parents. Probably the last trip to Disney for my parents but had a ton of great memories. Perfect weather certainly helped.

Highlights were a night at Trader Sam's, watching fireworks on the beach and watching my son's excitement to get dole whip everyday.

Not sure if staying at the Poly is an every trip thing for us as the resort seemed overwhelmingly crowded, despite the parks feeling less than crowded most days compared to our expectations. Really never found anywhere to go and relax after a hectic day; pretty much everything (Trader Sam's, Kona Cafe, Tambu Lounge) had a crowd and a wait. The ambience was second to none however. Can't imagine a better place for little kids with the wandering characters, movies at night, etc. As our kids are almost adults, will probably look elsewhere considering the price point.

Question:
Facing the Hawaii entrance there was construction on the left side of the building with construction walls. Is there usually a path down to the beach there? We had to go all the way around the building or cut through the pool, just wondering if that was normal.

No way! Very cool. We just returned from 8 nights at Poly and didn’t see any characters, unfortunately
They were in the fake grass area near Capt Cooks. My wife was walking back from the GCH with her face in her phone and she noticed Goofy walking next to her. He was making fun of her walking looking at her phone, oblivious to everything. Chip and Dale were there one evening same place. No idea if this was scheduled or not.

Question:
Facing the Hawaii entrance there was construction on the left side of the building with construction walls. Is there usually a path down to the beach there? We had to go all the way around the building or cut through the pool, just wondering if that was normal.
Yes.

Sorry , that doesn’t sound convenient.

One of my trips the path to get to the busses was blocked off. Yep lots of extra steps lol. However a day at poly with extra steps is better than being at home. Enjoy your stay🌴🍍!

If anyone is going to be in Poly this Sunday and trying to get into Sam's would love feedback. We will be there in 2 weeks and while I know it could be rather different, now that SB is over I wonder if the line up time or callback probability has changed/gotten better. TIA!

We will be staying at the Poly for the very first time in about six weeks. We are curious about the best way to get to the Magic Kingdom early in the day. We plan to leave the Poly about 45 minutes prior to early entry. We are on the DVC side so maybe the TTC express monorail would work best? Or maybe the resort monorail from the Ceremonial House, or maybe the boat?? What about during mid-day? I will be grateful for any input from you folks who have stayed at the Poly many times!
Hi. Congrats on your first trip to the Poly. I love it there and have been going since I was a little kid. One option that I love is to walk on the newly opened walking path. You can walk from the Poly all the way to the MK now (in case you didn't know). The walk is a bit longer from the DVC longhouses given their location. It takes ~30-40 mins to walk to the MK, walking through the Grand Floridian grounds. It's a beautiful walk and a good alternative if things are crowded or you're trying to rope drop. I don't use TTC much to go over to the park (but get off there when I return). If you don't want to walk I'd probably just go to the Great Ceremonial House - just not sure what time the monorail starts. I love the walking path and almost exclusively use it to and from the park unless I'm exhausted or its raining. Have an awesome trip!

We will be staying at the Poly for the very first time in about six weeks. We are curious about the best way to get to the Magic Kingdom early in the day. We plan to leave the Poly about 45 minutes prior to early entry. We are on the DVC side so maybe the TTC express monorail would work best? Or maybe the resort monorail from the Ceremonial House, or maybe the boat?? What about during mid-day? I will be grateful for any input from you folks who have stayed at the Poly many times!
Hi we just got back from Poly and on our days to Magic Kingdom we walked over from Tokelau to the ticket and transportation center at about 730 am in the morning and took the ferry, it was easy and quick. The monorail was not an option at that time it wasn’t running yet. I hope you have a great trip!We did a split stay between Beach Club villas and Poly villas and I have nothing but good things to say about both.

Hi we just got back from Poly and on our days to Magic Kingdom we walked over from Tokelau to the ticket and transportation center at about 730 am in the morning and took the ferry, it was easy and quick. The monorail was not an option at that time it wasn’t running yet. I hope you have a great trip!We did a split stay between Beach Club villas and Poly villas and I have nothing but good things to say about both.
Which did you prefer, out of curiosity?

Oh I thought the monorail was running. I know they have been doing a lot of work on it. Anyone know when it will be open?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter