Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can how of you tell me how many pieces of Bacon or sausage come as the sides? I am trying to convince my family on pop but my son wants bacon and the rest of us will eat in the room. I know I can pick up precooked and just warm it up but since I would have to go down to the microwave it might be just as easy to buy it there.

Can how of you tell me how many pieces of Bacon or sausage come as the sides? I am trying to convince my family on pop but my son wants bacon and the rest of us will eat in the room. I know I can pick up precooked and just warm it up but since I would have to go down to the microwave it might be just as easy to buy it there.
Not sure how much comes with a meal, but you can just order an extra side of bacon. I wouldn't buy the premade kind.

Read that gondola construction has started. Anyone there now or recently been there able to report about how it affects the 50's? I was hoping to stay lakeview 50's on our stay, but not sure with the construction.

Does anyone know if you can request a microwave in a room at Pop like you once could request a refrigerator? For a fee of course.

Does anyone know if you can request a microwave in a room at Pop like you once could request a refrigerator? For a fee of course.

No, my understanding is that microwaves are not allowed in individual rooms. There are microwaves in the food court that you can use.

Hi
Is it better to call in to POP for room requests or is requesting through MDE just as good? I know there's no guarantees but just wondering if one is better than the other? Thanks
It's better to call reservations and have your requests noted. You can be more specific than the pre selected requests with online check in.
You can't phone Pop directly. The number listed is just an off site call centre. That's why it's better to call reservations.

Does anyone know what the "rough" renovation schedule is. How many of the buildings do they expect to have completed by November? If there is a decent chance of being able to get a renovated room, I might take as shot at it for our early November trip.

There hasn't been a published renovation schedule. What we know so far is that renovations began in March and the first building of renovated rooms went back into circulation in early June.

All rooms are scheduled to be renovated by spring 2018.

That's about all we know.

Personally I would guess the first rooms might have taken a bit longer as they worked out the kinks in the schedule so hopefully now we'll see one new building go into circulation approx every 4-6 weeks. There are 10 buildings in total. This is purely a guess on my part though.

Someone who has had luck tell me the best way to get a room as close as possible to the lobby/bus without having been able to book a preferred category room?

Best standard room in the 70's section, please...

If by "best" you mean close to Classic Hall, I'd vote 6113 - it backs up to 6112 which is a Preferred room at the end of building 6 closest to CH.

A courtyard-facing room just past the Big Wheel in bldg 10 I think would be pretty good, too.

If by "best" you mean close to Classic Hall, I'd vote 6113 - it backs up to 6112 which is a Preferred room at the end of building 6 closest to CH.

A courtyard-facing room just past the Big Wheel in bldg 10 I think would be pretty good, too.

Thanks! Yes to close to Classic Hall. We will have a car so bus closeness is not as important as parking lot. We could do a closer section, but we are celebrating 40th bdays so thought it would be fun to stay in our birth decade...lol. Not concerned about noise, a nice view would be cool.

I'm curious - what do you guys usually prioritize when it comes to room requests? I generally don't care too much, but am obsessing over the little details for our first trip since having kids. In my perfect world we would be pool view, 4th floor, near the elevators, with a tub (since it looks like some of the renovated rooms only have showers.) I realize that isn't realistic - I'm just trying to decide what I care about most. Probably the tub since our kids are still little and refuse to try showers instead of a bath - holding them under the showerhead while they scream sounds like a bad vacation plan. Right now we have a preferred room booked. I've debated switching to pool view just because those rooms are fun and very close to the lobby, but the noise level does concern me unless we're on a higher floor. I'm debating between booking it anyways, crossing my fingers on a higher floor and bringing a white noise machine just in case, or leaving our reservation how it is with just the preferred room and tub request.

I know that where you prefer to be is pretty much a matter of preference, but how big of a difference have those of you with more experience noticed between the noise level on different floors?

First timer at POP in august! We are excited!

We paid for a preferred room, I have terrible feet and I am trying to cut down some walking.

But I NEED a refurb room (I hate carpet and I want a queen bed :)) Pretty sure refurb will win over my damned feet and I'll just bring more advil lol.

Do you think if the 80's building 9 are done by then, I could try to request a room in the red circle in the map. This would be a standard room, so a downgrade, but not really far from the preferred room in the 70s!

Also, anyone stayed there and can comment on their stay, walking distance wise?

Thanks!

parkpop.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter