Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you with older relatives who use a mobility device like a cane should ask for rooms near the elevator for that reason. It's a small accommodation to help out a family, and I am sure the resort will help if they can. :)

Update at POP, I am here until next Monday.

Yesterday, the bus to MK took 40 minutes to show up and another 25 minutes to the park (got in line at 6) almost missed our BOG reservation. For some reason the buses to and from MK always go on the road where WWW is which is out of the way. Why not use the Hollywood exit? The light at the fourway to WWW is horrendous. You are looking at least 5-7 min wait. We decided to drive to the parks the rest of the trip, three straight days of taking almost an hour to get anywhere is not what we are wanting. We don't mind waiting but 20, 30, even 40 minutes but an hour to get there when I can jump in my car and be there in less then 15.

The bridge to AoA is still intact you can travel over there.

The Brazilian/Quincera (sp?) groups are in full force here. I had to call security once because I went to get ice a bit ago and they were all laying in the corridor playing on their phones and refuse to get up so I could get by them.

We are headed to Pop at the end of the month. I'm hoping the tour groups are mostly heading home by then. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Not liking the bus waits either. We have always had good luck with buses at pop.

Ok, question: if anyone is in the refurbished rooms can you tell me the hook ups on the TV. Is there an HDMI, USB port? I am planning to bring my Roku with me and want to know if there is a port for me to hook into.
Have you tried asking on the Pop Century room renovation thread? I'm curious about this too.

In reading and watching this thread, quick question: are there only stairs in the units? I ask because my mother in law walks with a cane and stairs are hard for her. Should I call ahead and ask for a ground floor unit?

Pop has an elevator at the center of each building.

We went to MK today and I counted 12 different Brazilian Tour Groups that were at least 50 or more all girls on their cell phones and several of them were taking flash photography all through out Pirates and Haunted Mansion today. There was so much flashing I thought the lights were on :(

We went to MK today and I counted 12 different Brazilian Tour Groups that were at least 50 or more all girls on their cell phones and several of them were taking flash photography all through out Pirates and Haunted Mansion today. There was so much flashing I thought the lights were on :(

We have had problems being on rides with those tour groups taking flash photos too. Really ruined the experience. We learned to go the opposite direction whenever possible

Can someone tell me about the noise level on the first floor? 50s or 70s building, standard. I've only stayed on the top floor, and while it was great I have an ECV and it's just a little extra pain to use the elevators especially when crowded. My concern is noise, as a few nights we want the kids to go to sleep by 9pm.

Can someone tell me about the noise level on the first floor? 50s or 70s building, standard. I've only stayed on the top floor, and while it was great I have an ECV and it's just a little extra pain to use the elevators especially when crowded. My concern is noise, as a few nights we want the kids to go to sleep by 9pm.

I have stayed on the first floor of the 70's building several times and have never had any noise issues. My stays have always been in the fall though so I can not speak to other times of the year.

Was this the case even if you stayed until after the nighttime shows? I haven't used the bus system since 2010, but at that time the waits for a bus right after fireworks, Fantasmic, etc., were horrendous. We've been planning on renting a car because our kids (3 and 5) will be up way later than usual as it is and we want to get back to the room ASAP, but I'm getting the impression that everyone takes the bus these days and figure there must be a reason for it.
I think it is better, the worst experience we have had on the busses was Halloween night at closing for the party. Took us almost two hours to get back to Pop. BUT I think about 30-45 min of that was due to me being in an ECV and having to wait longer because the bus only takes two at a time.

I have stayed on the first floor of the 70's building several times and have never had any noise issues. My stays have always been in the fall though so I can not speak to other times of the year.
That's great thanks..we will be there the last week of November :) all of our trips have been fall too

You'll be in a standard room which is away from where much of the noise is. Pool view is what you don't want.

Last edited:
We are on 3rd floor building 5 (60's), the noise is not too bad during the day. However coming back from the parks around 11 or so it's really loud with the tour groups shouting and chanting.

The shouting and chanting has returned to the parks also I am sad to say.

Added a night to my October trip and decided to make Pop our pre-Polynesian home. Looking forward to visiting a new-to-me resort even if it's only for the night :-):-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter