Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! I am hoping some POP experts can help me. I have never stayed at POP but today I am going to be booking a November 2018 trip for myself, my daughter and my MIL (girls trip). I was going to choose Preferred Pool view which says "views of the Hippy Dippy Pool" does that mean that those rooms are only in the 60's building? I am fine with that building, I just thought it was weird that it's the only pool mentioned on that option. Also, I was reading a few posts up and some people were mentioning that those rooms are super loud at night, so now I am thinking of choosing just a Preferred room. We really want to be close the bus stop. Where on the building are preferred rooms located? My only real choice is a refurbished room, but I assume all of the rooms will be done by 11/2018. I love the new look!

Good morning! I am hoping some POP experts can help me. I have never stayed at POP but today I am going to be booking a November 2018 trip for myself, my daughter and my MIL (girls trip). I was going to choose Preferred Pool view which says "views of the Hippy Dippy Pool" does that mean that those rooms are only in the 60's building? I am fine with that building, I just thought it was weird that it's the only pool mentioned on that option. Also, I was reading a few posts up and some people were mentioning that those rooms are super loud at night, so now I am thinking of choosing just a Preferred room. We really want to be close the bus stop. Where on the building are preferred rooms located? My only real choice is a refurbished room, but I assume all of the rooms will be done by 11/2018. I love the new look!

Yes, preferred pool views are all in the 60s facing the Hippy Dippy pool. "Preferred" basically just means it's a room closer to the food/lobby/bus stop - the other pools are further away from all of that, which is why they are not preferred - it's all about convenience and how far you have to walk to the main building.

I suggest googling "Pop Century preferred room map". In the images you'll get a large, detailed map that shows you exactly which parts of which buildings are considered preferred.

(I know I didn't answer all of your questions, but we haven't been to Pop in some time, so I'm sticking to those I definitely know the answer to!)

Yes, preferred pool views are all in the 60s facing the Hippy Dippy pool. "Preferred" basically just means it's a room closer to the food/lobby/bus stop - the other pools are further away from all of that, which is why they are not preferred - it's all about convenience and how far you have to walk to the main building.

I suggest googling "Pop Century preferred room map". In the images you'll get a large, detailed map that shows you exactly which parts of which buildings are considered preferred.

(I know I didn't answer all of your questions, but we haven't been to Pop in some time, so I'm sticking to those I definitely know the answer to!)

That map is very helpful, thank you!

I booked a preferred room, but hoping to get a refurb rooms (which are all standard at this point).

Building 9 will be open by July 24. Anyone had success with requesting a range of room in a building with Touring plan?

We booked a preferred to be closer to the hall/transportation, but we would trade that for a new room in the part of building 9 closest to the transportation! We don't mind which floor! Anyone believe we have any chance if we request "any room, any floor but in the room range 25-48 of building 9"?

I booked a preferred room, but hoping to get a refurb rooms (which are all standard at this point).

Building 9 will be open by July 24. Anyone had success with requesting a range of room in a building with Touring plan?

We booked a preferred to be closer to the hall/transportation, but we would trade that for a new room in the part of building 9 closest to the transportation! We don't mind which floor! Anyone believe we have any chance if we request "any room, any floor but in the room range 25-48 of building 9"?

I'm not exactly sure if I understand your request but will do my best.

I am going in September and currently have a room request of '9368' on my Touring Plan. Touring Plans will FAX that request to Pop about 5 days before I arrive.

So, yes, I was able to request a room in the range that you are looking at but I don't know for sure what I will be assigned until I get there. I'm not aware that Touring Plans is shutting down any of their room request options even when the renovations are taking place. It's just that if you request a room that isn't available due to renovations the day you arrive, you will be assigned a room elsewhere.

Is this close to what you were asking?

PS - Where did you hear that Building 9 will be open by July 24th? I haven't heard any exact dates for sure nor did we before the first renovated rooms were available. People just showed up and were pleasantly surprised to be assigned a renovated room.

So excited to be back at Pop! Did our FP+ choices yesterday, and got everything we wanted. Could not get FOP at AK on our first night, but got it easily later in the trip. I am waiting a little while to do our online check in as I want to request an area with the renovated rooms. I feel like it is really happening! :cool1:

First time Popper, here! Can someone help me with a question about grocery delivery? How exactly do I do that? When I enter the delivery address, do I use 1050 Century Drive? Is there a fee from the resort? When do I pay that? Can you have cold stuff delivered? Will the porter deliver it to your room or do you pick it up yourself?

Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it!

So excited to be back at Pop! Did our FP+ choices yesterday, and got everything we wanted. Could not get FOP at AK on our first night, but got it easily later in the trip. I am waiting a little while to do our online check in as I want to request an area with the renovated rooms. I feel like it is really happening! :cool1:
I know how you feel we just did ours on friday morning. Looking forward to getting a refurbed room. Submitted only to have 80's or 90's. I even called. I really hope to get a refurbed room. I'm going with two guys and the queen beds will be a huge help as we are all a little on the bigger side.

First time Popper, here! Can someone help me with a question about grocery delivery? How exactly do I do that? When I enter the delivery address, do I use 1050 Century Drive? Is there a fee from the resort? When do I pay that? Can you have cold stuff delivered? Will the porter deliver it to your room or do you pick it up yourself?

Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it!
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think if the front desk holds it then there is a fee, but if it is held by baggage claim there is no fee. I'm not sure about the cold stuff. Sorry can't help there, but yes I would use the Century Drive address and also put CO of PoP centry so that way they know where they are delivering it.

Silly question, a little OT.

Do I need to be paid in full prior to doing online check-in?

On the front page I have a link that says, 'Start Check-In' but when I click it it goes to 'My Reservations' page and no option to make any choices.

We arrive in 61 days and I'm holding off paying in full as the Canadian dollar seems to slowly be climbing to hoping for a better exchange rate if I wait.

On the front page I have a link that says, 'Start Check-In' but when I click it it goes to 'My Reservations' page and no option to make any choices.

We arrive in 61 days and I'm holding off paying in full as the Canadian dollar seems to slowly be climbing to hoping for a better exchange rate if I wait.
Hmm that is odd. I know that I checked in before I paid in full. I checked in Friday morning but paid in full that afternoon.

I think the problem/conflict will be that you booked a preferred room but you're actually trying to get a standard room when making your requests. As far as requesting a range of rooms, I think that's technically what the TP fax does -- I thought I remembered it saying something to the effect of "I would like to request room #_____, or a similar room." When I've used the TP fax, I always enter information in the comments section explaining while I requested a specific room, we would be happy with any room in that general area. Both times I've gotten the room right next door to the specific one I requested. I made sure to point out in both cases that we just wanted to be on the specific floor/hall and any room in that location would be fine. I don't know what will happen if you booked preferred but request standard. My guess is that you're going to be placed in a preferred room since that's what you paid for. You could always go to the front desk at arrival and ask if there are any renovated rooms available or you could change your reservation to a standard room and hope for the best.

I think I remember that the room options don't show up until the 60 day mark. Hopefully you'll see them tomorrow.

How quick does Pop Century get fully booked? We're trying to book 2/8 - 2/15 (2018), but the search result is "This room type is unavailable for the
dates, party size or offer selected". Seems to be the same at all the other Value resorts as well. Is it possible that the resort is sold out already???

Anyone else do online check in and then go back and their room preferences aren't there anymore? It seems I have to go back and add them in daily!!

Yes, they won't stick for me either. Right now my number one request is ground floor, but nope, it won't save for me. Very frustrating. :sad2:
Well I'm glad it's not just me, but it's so very frustrating! I'm 11 days out and I feel like they could be assigning my room any day now! I'm checking the website way too often to put my requests back in!!

Well I'm glad it's not just me, but it's so very frustrating! I'm 11 days out and I feel like they could be assigning my room any day now! I'm checking the website way too often to put my requests back in!!
If they're not saving, I would imagine they're not there at all. I called my requests in and I'm making a request through touring plans, so I'm going to try not to worry about it.

If they're not saving, I would imagine they're not there at all. I called my requests in and I'm making a request through touring plans, so I'm going to try not to worry about it.
And at the end of the day we'll still be at Disney, so the exact room location isn't going to make or break the trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter