Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Pop now. One trick that has been most helpful for us is to use the Art of Animation bus when coming back from the parks. The Pop bus queues have been crazy long at MK and AK, while AoA bus queues are short. It's an easy walk for us over to building 5 from AoA. If you're looking to avoid groups or just want to take the earlier bus then this is a good option

And at the end of the day we'll still be at Disney, so the exact room location isn't going to make or break the trip!

Speak for yourself Girl!!! Ain't nobody gonna get in the way of my exact room location!!! :rolleyes:
Just kidding of course.....just give me the ground floor and nobody gets hurt! :rolleyes1

Hey! Have a great trip! :)

How quick does Pop Century get fully booked? We're trying to book 2/8 - 2/15 (2018), but the search result is "This room type is unavailable for the
dates, party size or offer selected". Seems to be the same at all the other Value resorts as well. Is it possible that the resort is sold out already???

I've seen people posting on various message boards that there aren't any Value Resort rooms available for large blocks of time in early 2018. My guess is that Disney -- for whatever reason -- hasn't loaded all of the rooms into their reservation system yet. There are still rooms available for next week as well as the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas so I find it hard to believe there are no Value Resort rooms available at all in early 2018. They're just not showing for some reason. I think some people were able to book a room by calling.

PS - Where did you hear that Building 9 will be open by July 24th? I haven't heard any exact dates for sure nor did we before the first renovated rooms were available. People just showed up and were pleasantly surprised to be assigned a renovated room.

Someone on the Pop Century Room Renovations thread said they saw it on a FB page they follow. I think a lot of us want to believe it. :goodvibes

How quick does Pop Century get fully booked? We're trying to book 2/8 - 2/15 (2018), but the search result is "This room type is unavailable for the
dates, party size or offer selected". Seems to be the same at all the other Value resorts as well. Is it possible that the resort is sold out already???

Have you looked at a smaller range of dates excluding the weekend of the 10th? There is a big cheer event that weekend. As soon as 2018 rates came out, I booked POP for 2/3-10, but looked at ASSports for fun and found no availability. When I looked at earlier dates, rooms were available. I think there may be Value rooms holding for cheer groups, and POP may be holding back inventory not knowing where they'll be on the refurbs.

FWIW, I booked POP for Feb 4-11 2017 in early Oct 2016 when discounts came out, so they weren't sold out at that point last year.

Hi, everyone! I just booked a quick 4 night stay in early December and we are looking forward to it. I stayed at POP Century back in 2006 but my husband was deployed at that time and didn't get to come with me. So, this resort will be new to him and both of our daughters. We tend to do the parks from open to close everyday so there won't be a resort day but I know my girls will love the decorations and large characters outside, etc.

I think I remember that the room options don't show up until the 60 day mark. Hopefully you'll see them tomorrow.

You were quite right @bluezy! Today is my 60 day mark and I was able to check-in online and add my request for the 80's section.

Made FP reservations today and was able to get all that I hoped for for our 8 days in the parks. Can't wait!

Each major step I get more and more excited!

We were at Pop Century from 6/24-July 8 in bldg 10 room 0309. I was aware of the construction but it did not interfere with anything I was trying to do. The busses were great except for a couple of times and I usually got a seat. This was the trip that a young person asked if I wanted their seat. I said no thanks, but was miffed that someone thought I looked old enough that I needed to sit! lol (I'm 56) The computer pool was closed 2x and the Hippy Dippy pool was busy, the cafeteria was hit or miss with crowds and we got tired of the few choices that was available (although the hot pastrami sandwich was great). I would stay there again (this was our 5th time)

Is the $20/night gift card offer in lieu of Mousekeeping testing at Pop? I believe it's in testing mode at All Star Movies and wondering if Pop might be included too?

Me too. I'm fine with no mouse keeping for eight days. that would 160 in gift cards and that would pay for one of our OOP meals.

There are just 2 of us in the room and I like to keep it tidy so I'd happily pull the sheets up on the bed myself. My DD is often asleep by the time we arrive in the room so I end up taking pics of the decorations Mousekeeping may have left for her. $180 to spend elsewhere on our vacation will pay for our dining tips (if it's possible to do that) as we have the DDP or souvenirs, etc.

Time will tell....

Thanks! I'm hoping they expand it by September.

Me too. I'm fine with no mouse keeping for eight days. that would 160 in gift cards and that would pay for one of our OOP meals.

I'm hoping it gets expanded to Pop before my stay too. With it just being me and DS10 and our commando touring style, we have no real need for mousekeeping and I'd much rather have the gc!

The test is going to run the entire month of July. They will take August to go over the data and decide if it's something they want to do going forward. If so, will most likely start in September.

Does anyone know what brand of laundry detergent they have in the vending machine? I can't tolerate the smell of Tide. When I was at CBR a few years ago they had Whisk, but I know they've stopped making it. I'd rather just buy it there if at all possible. TIA

My dh loves to have our room cleaned when we are out, so I won't have the chance to take advantage of the $20 mousekeeping no clean fee... that is one of his pet peeves, a dirty room when we get back.... I would jump on it in a minute if I got to choose....

Any horticulturists out there know about this beautiful tree I've been noticing around, this trip? It's in quite a few places but most noticeably in the round at each foot of the Friendship Bridge. The leaves look like those on a rhododendron, but these are trees not bushes. They have the most beautiful white flowers, which start a huge buds and open into 9 (?) petals. And they have these interesting seed pods. I'd like to add a pix but I'm challenged that way.

Any horticulturists out there know about this beautiful tree I've been noticing around, this trip? It's in quite a few places but most noticeably in the round at each foot of the Friendship Bridge. The leaves look like those on a rhododendron, but these are trees not bushes. They have the most beautiful white flowers, which start a huge buds and open into 9 (?) petals. And they have these interesting seed pods. I'd like to add a pix but I'm challenged that way.

There are rhododendron trees. Does it look like this..........TREE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter