Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think about Building 3. That would give us close access to a pool since the Hippy Dippy Pool will be closed. It would be a little farther to the gondolas but not too bad I guess. Maybe it would be a little quieter than by the splash pad. Seems like the splash pad would be busier because the pool is closed, unless the splash pad is closed too??

I was trying to reply to blossombrd but it wouldn’t let me without changing what they wrote. Sorry. I guess I shouldn’t reply with my phone.

We stayed in building 3 for our last trip and loved the location. It was about a 5 min walk to the skyliner, pool, food court, and our car. Close to the laundry room too. It was a quiet too.

Can you request a room in a particular decade?

We're going to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday, and he is 100% an 80s kid, so I feel like it would be a cool surprise to have a room in the 80s area - even though I know that isn't super close to the lobby and stuff.

Can you request a room in a particular decade?

We're going to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my husband's birthday, and he is 100% an 80s kid, so I feel like it would be a cool surprise to have a room in the 80s area - even though I know that isn't super close to the lobby and stuff.

Yep! It’s an option on MDE. Cut through the parking lot for a quick walk to the bus stop.

What are the laundry facilities like? Should we bring our own detergent? Does anyone know what if any detergent is available? This is the first time we'll have ever needed to do laundry on a vacation, lol.

What are the laundry facilities like? Should we bring our own detergent? Does anyone know what if any detergent is available? This is the first time we'll have ever needed to do laundry on a vacation, lol.

The laundry room has a vending machine for both laundry detergent and fabric softener. I brought travel size laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets. The machines take credit cards also.

• 3 Facilities (Bowling, Computer and Hippy Dippy Pool)
  • $3 for washer
  • $3 for dryer
  • Can buy Laundry Detergent and Dryer Sheets for $1
  • Require Credit Card (I believe)
  • Also believe they have POP machines in them?

Disney also are tied in with a website LaundryView that will show you what machines are, and are not available and will also let you know how much time is left. Have never used, but you can use it to keep track of how much time you have left!

I forgot to mention LaundryView I have used it. It’s nice to see how many machines are being used before lugging laundry over only to find out they’re all being used. I also used it to keep track of the machines I used too.

We're always stayed at Port Orleans, but want to save some $ this time and are considering Pop for a staying over Thanksgiving week. Don't see any Preferred Rooms open though right now - anyone know why?

Another question - are the rooms doubles or queens now? thanks!

We're always stayed at Port Orleans, but want to save some $ this time and are considering Pop for a staying over Thanksgiving week. Don't see any Preferred Rooms open though right now - anyone know why?

Queens.

And, Pop is much more popular now since the Skyliners opened, and Thanksgiving week would be a big one. However, you can keep checking even after booking a regular room, as some may open up.

Pop is an extremely popular, excellent resort. Certain room categories being sold out this far in advance of a holiday are not unexpected. Keep trying but in the meantime I would book something else as there is no guarantee this room category will open up again.

Keep looking. As I posted some pages back, I booked a preferred room last year for Thanksgiving and I did it way later than this. Or you can call them.

Pop is an extremely popular, excellent resort. Certain room categories being sold out this far in advance of a holiday are not unexpected. Keep trying but in the meantime I would book something else as there is no guarantee this room category will open up again.
We'll book and then keep calling to see if something opens up!

If there's ANYTHING available at Pop, don't hesitate to book it. Frankly (my opinion only!), I think the worst category is Standard Pool View simply because you'll either get the bowling pool (a pretty good location) or the computer pool (would be my least favorite location). Standard rooms, otoh, can be as close as the 60's section! So, if there's a standard available, I would grab it without any qualms.

• 3 Facilities (Bowling, Computer and Hippy Dippy Pool)
  • $3 for washer
  • $3 for dryer
  • Can buy Laundry Detergent and Dryer Sheets for $1
  • Require Credit Card (I believe)
  • Also believe they have POP machines in them?
Disney also are tied in with a website LaundryView that will show you what machines are, and are not available and will also let you know how much time is left. Have never used, but you can use it to keep track of how much time you have left!
Thank you so much for this detailed information! Looks like we'll have everything we need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter