• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to report we stayed at POR last month and we were all bummed it wasn't POP. My daughter was just about in tears the first night! We had no choice, as it was the only thing available, but all agreed it was such a let down from POP. The real kicker is we paid more to stay at a boring resort! We'll definitely be back to POP!

We had 1 Amazon Prime order. It got split into 3 boxes. 2 my husband picked up, 1 was delivered. We got charged $6x3=$18.

Yeah, that’s been one of my concerns. We used Prime Pantry, only time I’ve used it, on our last trip to POP in 2017 and were happy with the service. Problem is, then you’d fill up a box with items, but now it doesn’t appear to be the case. Not gonna risk it this yeas and will probably just go with Prime NOW, or another grocery serve. If we do, were probably just gonna order a few breakfast items, some pop and water.

That’s too bad! I’ve started selecting the doors not split order’ button (or something similar)!because of this.

Interesting, may check if that’s an option with Amazon pantry.

Does anyone know if they’re still selling cases of water at the food court. If so, and not to expensive, we might be able to do fine without ordering anything?

I wanted to report we stayed at POR last month and we were all bummed it wasn't POP. My daughter was just about in tears the first night! We had no choice, as it was the only thing available, but all agreed it was such a let down from POP. The real kicker is we paid more to stay at a boring resort! We'll definitely be back to POP!
Really? I'm curious what your daughter disliked about POR. We are the opposite, stayed at POFQ on our last trip and are booked at Pop for the next one (I have stayed there before but DH and kids have not). My boys absolutely loved FQ so I'm a bit concerned they won't be as happy at Pop. Your post gives me hope that they will love it :)

Really? I'm curious what your daughter disliked about POR. We are the opposite, stayed at POFQ on our last trip and are booked at Pop for the next one (I have stayed there before but DH and kids have not). My boys absolutely loved FQ so I'm a bit concerned they won't be as happy at Pop. Your post gives me hope that they will love it :)
My "guess" is that the daughter missed the "energy" and "over the top Disney" atmosphere that POP provides as opposed to the "laid back" vibe of a Moderate.

I think your boys will love POP-it is so GROOVY and FAR OUT! :)

And Disney Skyliner has kicked things up at POP several notches!

Skyliner is EPIC!!!!

And I want this latest Skyliner product now!!!!

My "guess" is that the daughter missed the "energy" and "over the top Disney" atmosphere that POP provides as opposed to the "laid back" vibe of a Moderate.

I think your boys will love POP-it is so GROOVY and FAR OUT! :)

And Disney Skyliner has kicked things up at POP several notches!

Skyliner is EPIC!!!!

And I want this latest Skyliner product now!!!!

View attachment 473096
Agreed! Skyliner is amazing! That was the main reason I booked Pop this time instead of POFQ again. Thanks for the feedback :)

I think POFQ may be a little more kid friendly but we never walked over there. The property was too quiet. literally only saw a total of 10 people around our building our entire stay. We felt secluded not always a bad thing but in this case we felt we were in the middle of nowhere. Pool looked fun but it was 50 degrees. It just wasnt a fun atmosphere and didn't feel like Disney. I think your kids will love POP!

I think POFQ may be a little more kid friendly but we never walked over there. The property was too quiet. literally only saw a total of 10 people around our building our entire stay. We felt secluded not always a bad thing but in this case we felt we were in the middle of nowhere. Pool looked fun but it was 50 degrees. It just wasnt a fun atmosphere and didn't feel like Disney. I think your kids will love POP!

I felt the same way about POR.

It's been few years since we were at POP.....just want to confirm, they still have hair dryers in all the rooms?

And also, I didn't realize that there was ice machine and that there was ice bucket in the room before.....(or it could be I don't remember)''''

If I just want water for the ice (I drink only cold water), is there free water cups at the food court and is the water on the fountain machine free or do I need to purchase cup?

Thank you

It's been few years since we were at POP.....just want to confirm, they still have hair dryers in all the rooms?

And also, I didn't realize that there was ice machine and that there was ice bucket in the room before.....(or it could be I don't remember)''''

If I just want water for the ice (I drink only cold water), is there free water cups at the food court and is the water on the fountain machine free or do I need to purchase cup?

Thank you
Yes to hair dryers
Yes to ice buckets
I don't recall water cups being out for the taking, but I think they will give you one if you ask.

And also, I didn't realize that there was ice machine Yand that there was ice bucket in the room before.....(or it could be I don't remember)'''
I can't say "always", but definitely since 2005. I've buckets are typical in hotel/motel rooms.

Haven't been to Disney in years but when we did go we went with 4 people. We are planning a trip for August with 5 adults so im thinking of 2 rooms at the Pop is really our best option for comfort and space. We stayed at the pop I believe in the early 2010's so its been a LONG time. My questions are are all the rooms refurbished with queen beds and will the main pool be open in August? TIA!!

Haven't been to Disney in years but when we did go we went with 4 people. We are planning a trip for August with 5 adults so im thinking of 2 rooms at the Pop is really our best option for comfort and space. We stayed at the pop I believe in the early 2010's so its been a LONG time. My questions are are all the rooms refurbished with queen beds and will the main pool be open in August? TIA!!

Queen beds = yes
Pool done by August = shouldn't be a problem, but anything can happen.

All the rooms are refurbished and have queen beds. A fixed bed with room for bags under it and a Murphy bed that acts as you table when your not using it. By all accounts both are the same type of beds and comfortable. Just do a google search for POP Century room refurbishment and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you see.

As far as 5 adults in 2 rooms go, as long as some of you don’t mind sharing a bed, you should be fine. I’d definitely ask to be located on the same floor and depending on how close you all are, possibly ask for connecting rooms. If you have 2 couples sharing beds you can always keep one bed up which will give you a table and more walking space. That’s what we plan on doing this summer.

We’re also go as a family of 5 with 3 adults and 2 kids. We were fine with our room, although it wasn‘t a refurbished one in 2017 and looking forward to the new rooms in June. I really wish Disney did a better job offering suites that fit odd numbers of adults like us though. That said it works out to my advantage, because my brother hates the idea of his family of 4 sharing a room for a week, so I always get invited and it gives him an excuse to get 2 rooms. WIN WIN for all of us but mostly for me. :rotfl:

All the rooms are refurbished and have queen beds. A fixed bed with room for bags under it and a Murphy bed that acts as you table when your not using it. By all accounts both are the same type of beds and comfortable. Just do a google search for POP Century room refurbishment and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with what you see.

As far as 5 adults in 2 rooms go, as long as some of you don’t mind sharing a bed, you should be fine. I’d definitely ask to be located on the same floor and depending on how close you all are, possibly ask for connecting rooms. If you have 2 couples sharing beds you can always keep one bed up which will give you a table and more walking space. That’s what we plan on doing this summer.

We’re also go as a family of 5 with 3 adults and 2 kids. We were fine with our room, although it wasn‘t a refurbished one in 2017 and looking forward to the new rooms in June. I really wish Disney did a better job offering suites that fit odd numbers of adults like us though. That said it works out to my advantage, because my brother hates the idea of his family of 4 sharing a room for a week, so I always get invited and it gives him an excuse to get 2 rooms. WIN WIN for all of us but mostly for me. :rotfl:
Duh, I didn't read very well. My bad. Carry on! :)

Thank you so much for the info!! Its me, my hubby, my 2 daughters (20 & 16) and 1 of their friends so we are def going to share beds. I just did the google search and YES it will be a perfect set up for us!! The price for 2 rooms at the POP is significantly cheaper than any deluxe PLUS you get 2 bathrooms and with 4 females you really cant put a price on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter