Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're staying at AOA, but my plan is to be out at the buses between 6:30-6:45 for at least the first 2-3 times we try for a boarding group. I don't want to take a chance on not getting on one of the first couple buses that come and I'm sure the lines will be long if we wait until closer to 7. They'll probably be significant before that, too, but at least we'll have plenty of time. That's my plan. If you're comfortable driving, you might want to go that route. I know I saw pics from Touring Plans about the line of cars this morning and it was a little scary to me, but at the same time I know they were able to get in and park without a problem.

How many morning/times are you planning on to get a boarding group? Right now the only thing that has us concerned about our July trip is HS! Doesn’t help that my SIL, who isn’t a SW fan, would be happy not even stepping into Galaxy Edge, so the thought of getting up and in line that early and possibly not getting a BG could create some issues? It’s not the BGs that have me most concerned, I think BGs are probably the best solution for RotR, but it’s the overall morning crowds. Seeing pictures of the crowd and the fact that Slinky, RnR and TOT were all temporarily At some point this morning doesn’t help. Right now we have 1 morning planned for all of us, 1 morning with my nieces when their parents to the keys to the Kingdom tour at MK. If the process is still the same in July, we might want go to HS and try getting BGs on our EMH Epcot morning? Not sure if we’d stay in HS, grab them and then walk over to Epcot, or grab the boarding group while on our way to Epcot (which you apparently can do once you’ve entered HS?)

How many morning/times are you planning on to get a boarding group? Right now the only thing that has us concerned about our July trip is HS! Doesn’t help that my SIL, who isn’t a SW fan, would be happy not even stepping into Galaxy Edge, so the thought of getting up and in line that early and possibly not getting a BG could create some issues? It’s not the BGs that have me most concerned, I think BGs are probably the best solution for RotR, but it’s the overall morning crowds. Seeing pictures of the crowd and the fact that Slinky, RnR and TOT were all temporarily At some point this morning doesn’t help. Right now we have 1 morning planned for all of us, 1 morning with my nieces when their parents to the keys to the Kingdom tour at MK. If the process is still the same in July, we might want go to HS and try getting BGs on our EMH Epcot morning? Not sure if we’d stay in HS, grab them and then walk over to Epcot, or grab the boarding group while on our way to Epcot (which you apparently can do once you’ve entered HS?)
Yes, you can do both of these but depending on what number you are assigned, you may end up turning around and heading right back to DHS if you get a low BG. Another problem with leaving the park is that there is no assistance if you run into troubles. People have repeatedly reported getting BGs outside the park, these are just some potential challenges that might arise.

You're quite right that DHS crowds are crazy right now!!! That being said, I don't know of any way other than the BGs that they can handle the ride so I'll happily join the RotR BG lottery each morning that we hope to ride....if BGs are still the option in September.

Yes, you can do both of these but depending on what number you are assigned, you may end up turning around and heading right back to DHS if you get a low BG. Another problem with leaving the park is that there is no assistance if you run into troubles. People have repeatedly reported getting BGs outside the park, these are just some potential challenges that might arise.

You're quite right that DHS crowds are crazy right now!!! That being said, I don't know of any way other than the BGs that they can handle the ride so I'll happily join the RotR BG lottery each morning that we hope to ride....if BGs are still the option in September.

Yes, your right about leaving the park and I really double we would. Honestly my post was also about me trying to think thru possible strategies to increase our chances of getting a BG. While not ideal, trying for a BG before our planned EMH Epcot morning might be a good possibility? As is, with the convenience of the SkyLiner, we’re planning on doing 2 or 3 afternoons at HS, including our arrival day.

Also, completely agree with you about boarding groups! Probably the best option they have, especially since they’re still working out all the kinks. Fast passes would be a nightmare until they do And standby lines aren’t an option. I don’t like the idea of getting up that early, but agree it’s worth it for a change to ride RotR. Like you said though, who knows if the process will still be the same in a few months. The uncertainty is park of the problem.

We're planning to try on 4 mornings, but we COULD make it work on 6 different days if need be. I'm trying to keep things as flexible as possible because I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and ROTR is my #1 priority for this trip. That and MMRR will be the only new rides for me (Dh and I were there last August for AP previews of Galaxy's Edge and rode MFSR a couple times then). All 3 of those rides will be new to our kids.

The only morning we absolutely won't try is the morning after our DAH at MK. It goes until 1:00 in the morning, so we'll really need to sleep in the next day. :faint:

Yes, your right about leaving the park and I really double we would. Honestly my post was also about me trying to think thru possible strategies to increase our chances of getting a BG. While not ideal, trying for a BG before our planned EMH Epcot morning might be a good possibility? As is, with the convenience of the SkyLiner, we’re planning on doing 2 or 3 afternoons at HS, including our arrival day.

Also, completely agree with you about boarding groups! Probably the best option they have, especially since they’re still working out all the kinks. Fast passes would be a nightmare until they do And standby lines aren’t an option. I don’t like the idea of getting up that early, but agree it’s worth it for a change to ride RotR. Like you said though, who knows if the process will still be the same in a few months. The uncertainty is park of the problem.
The other thing I'm concerned about when they (eventually) go to FPs is the demand on the servers every single morning at 7am. Right now it appears that there are at least 10,000 people in DHS at park opening attempting to get Boarding Groups. If every person who is eligible to get a FP tried at the same time at their 60 day mark (and 60+1 through 10) I cannot fathom what that would do to the Disney servers!!! It would make getting FPs for everyone a nightmare each day when the park opens. It's not as bad right now with FPs opening at 7am and the ride opening at 8am but, if it were a FP system I think it would be a nightmare to the Disney website and we'd see crashes like we never have before! And they would happen every-single-morning.

As @Iowamomof4 says, she has potential to get to DHS 6 days of her trip and she's considering doing that which means physically going to the park. Can you imagine the number of people who would try when all it took was a click of the button from their home? ACK!!!!!

LOL - Pop! (Figured I should say something about Pop since this is a Pop thread! ;) )

The other thing I'm concerned about when they (eventually) go to FPs is the demand on the servers every single morning at 7am. Right now it appears that there are at least 10,000 people in DHS at park opening attempting to get Boarding Groups. If every person who is eligible to get a FP tried at the same time at their 60 day mark (and 60+1 through 10) I cannot fathom what that would do to the Disney servers!!! It would make getting FPs for everyone a nightmare each day when the park opens. It's not as bad right now with FPs opening at 7am and the ride opening at 8am but, if it were a FP system I think it would be a nightmare to the Disney website and we'd see crashes like we never have before! And they would happen every-single-morning.

As @Iowamomof4 says, she has potential to get to DHS 6 days of her trip and she's considering doing that which means physically going to the park. Can you imagine the number of people who would try when all it took was a click of the button from their home? ACK!!!!!

LOL - Pop! (Figured I should say something about Pop since this is a Pop thread! ;) )

Figure I’d start my post talking about the POP. Is it just me, or does it seem strange that the SkyLiners don’t open early enough for EMH at Epcot and whatever the opening is for HS? I guess I can understand it for Epcot, since it only effects one day of the week, but since they’ve gotten rid of HS EMH mornings and it basically open early every morning, it’s really to bad POP and other SkyLiner resort guests can’t use it for HS openings. Understand the issues they’d have, but still seems strange they’re not open early enough.

I think Disney probably is concerned about that it’s one of many reasons I don’t see RotR moving to FPs anytime in the near future. Also why I don’t ever see them opening standby at least until it’s running close to full capacity on a regular basis. If it’s true that it takes about an hour for the ride to reboot whenever they need to do that, imagine all the problems it would cause for both the FastPass and standby lines!

Don't make him. If he doesn't want to ride, let him sleep in and meet up with you later

Well my sister in law (SIL) also isn’t a fan of Avatar and she’d probably be happy skipping Animal Kingdom every year, but loved FoP so much that she suggested 2 rope drops for Animal Kingdom this year. So, if RotR is as anywhere near as good as it sounds, she will be happy to do it and would regret not doing it. My brothers fear is that we won’t be able to get a BP, or if we do they conflict with something else.

We're planning to try on 4 mornings, but we COULD make it work on 6 different days if need be. I'm trying to keep things as flexible as possible because I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and ROTR is my #1 priority for this trip. That and MMRR will be the only new rides for me (Dh and I were there last August for AP previews of Galaxy's Edge and rode MFSR a couple times then). All 3 of those rides will be new to our kids.

The only morning we absolutely won't try is the morning after our DAH at MK. It goes until 1:00 in the morning, so we'll really need to sleep in the next day. :faint:

Sounds like fun, minus the large crowds and early morning part of it! :rotfl:

We tend to books and plan our EMH mornings and leave our afternoons as flexible as possible. Part of our problem with HS is that it’s basically been slightly more than half day park for us in the past. Trying to plan 2 or 3 mornings and 2 or 3 afternoons, just feels strange. We’ve got planning for the other parks down pretty good though.

Speaking of Hollywood Studio afternoons, that’s currently our plan for arrival day. How much of an issue do you think it will be booking FastPass for the afternoon on our first day (Day 60). I know we will have much less control of the times, or even the rides but should we still be able to get one of the 3 tier 1 rides, if we’re not picky?

Last edited:
Figure I’d start my post talking about the POP. Is it just me, or does it seem strange that the SkyLiners don’t open early enough for EMH at Epcot and whatever the opening is for HS? I guess I can understand it for Epcot, since it only effects one day of the week, but since they’ve gotten rid of HS EMH mornings and it basically open early every morning, it’s really to bad POP and other SkyLiner resort guests can’t use it for HS openings. Understand the issues they’d have, but still seems strange they’re not open early enough.

I think Disney probably is concerned about that it’s one of many reasons I don’t see RotR moving to FPs anytime in the near future. Also why I don’t ever see them opening standby at least until it’s running close to full capacity on a regular basis. If it’s true that it takes about an hour for the ride to reboot whenever they need to do that, imagine all the problems it would cause for both the FastPass and standby lines!

Well my sister in law (SIL) also isn’t a fan of Avatar and she’d probably be happy skipping Animal Kingdom every year, but loved FoP so much that she suggested 2 rope drops for Animal Kingdom this year. So, if RotR is as anywhere near as good as it sounds, she will be happy to do it and would regret not doing it. My brothers fear is that we won’t be able to get a BP, or if we do they conflict with something else.

Sounds like fun, minus the large crowds and early morning part of it! :rotfl:

We tend to books and plan our EMH mornings and leave our afternoons as flexible as possible. Part of our problem with HS is that it’s basic been slightly more than half day park for us in the past. Trying to plan 2 or 3 mornings and 2 or 3 afternoons, just feels strange to us. We’ve got planning all the other parks down pretty good.

Speaking of Hollywood Studio afternoons, that’s currently our plan for arrival day. How much of an issue do you think it will be booking FastPass for the afternoon on our first day (Day 60). I know we will have much less control of the times, or even the rides but should we be able to get for one of the 3 tier 1 if rides, we’re not picky?
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236 This site will help you see what will be available when you are ready to make your fastpasses.

Do Minnie vans pick you up in the building parking lots or at the front by the buses? It seems regular Lyft/Uber will pick you up at the parking lots.

just Pop! ing in because we are doing our annual stay at our FAV resort for 12 days in June.

We always think of going to a moderate or deluxe but Pop! is so perfect for us and we use the extra $ every day to do extras like EMM, DAH, Fireworks party, H20 Glow etc.

If you are majority park people, I will never understand someone spending twice+ the money to stay at deluxe...to each their own.

looking fwd to another stay. we had the new renovated rooms last year and love them.

EXCITED about the skyliner!

Anything new at Pop in the last year?

This is the first time on this thread. I usually do Moderate resorts but I am doing a solo trip so thought I might try POP to save money. Is there a link to current information. Everything I click on takes me to information from 2014. Also how do I see pictures on information on this thread?

just Pop! ing in because we are doing our annual stay at our FAV resort for 12 days in June.

We always think of going to a moderate or deluxe but Pop! is so perfect for us and we use the extra $ every day to do extras like EMM, DAH, Fireworks party, H20 Glow etc.

If you are majority park people, I will never understand someone spending twice+ the money to stay at deluxe...to each their own.

looking fwd to another stay. we had the new renovated rooms last year and love them.

EXCITED about the skyliner!

Anything new at Pop in the last year?

This is 100% us. We use the savings from Pop to extend our vacations. Instead of 5 days, we do 8, 10, etc!

Staying in a few weeks. Anyone been within the past few weeks that can comment on bus versus car for HS? We have a 8 am park opening that day, and was planning on driving there (we have a car). However, I’ve been reading horror stories about the back up just getting into the park and then long lines for buses. I know we just need to be inside the park prior to 8 for a chance at a boarding pass, but I need to get a plan in place in my head for the best transportation option. Thanks!

We were there this past week and went to DHS twice by bus. Both mornings we got to the bus stop at 6:30, each time there was a bus boarding which we got on (filled to capacity, when it left there were about 5-10 people stuck waiting for the next one). We were in line at the Studios around 6:45 both days.

Does anyone know if the POP carries BOTH upgraded refillable mugs, the SkyLiner and Star War versions? I’ve read conflicting reports with some saying they do and other saying the SkyLiner resorts only offer the SkyLiner one and all the other resorts only offer the StarWars version. Also, since they don’t have different colored tops like the regular refillable tops do anyone have any suggestions on how to differentiate mugs if multiple people have the same one?

They had both this week. Tons of the Star Wars, but only saw a handful of the Skyliner so I wonder if supplies are running short

If we want to RD EPCOT EMH (8-9AM), our only option using Disney Transportation is the bus correct? We have FP+ for FEA around lunch time and want to RD Soarin and then go over to TT. I know the buses to EPCOT only run once per hour, what schedule do they run?

If we want to RD EPCOT EMH (8-9AM), our only option using Disney Transportation is the bus correct? We have FP+ for FEA around lunch time and want to RD Soarin and then go over to TT. I know the buses to EPCOT only run once per hour, what schedule do they run?
There is no schedule and I don’t think the bus arrival times are even listed on MDE for Epcot or HS anymore. Just expect them every hour or so after the skyliner opens.

If you want to rope drop Epcot, it shouldn’t be a problem though. Buses will come more frequently before the Skyliner opens. I’d be at the bus stop before 7am.

The skyliner has been opening at 7:30, so yeah you'll want the bus.

There is no schedule and I don’t think the bus arrival times are even listed on MDE for Epcot or HS anymore. Just expect them every hour or so after the skyliner opens.

If you want to rope drop Epcot, it shouldn’t be a problem though. Buses will come more frequently before the Skyliner opens. I’d be at the bus stop before 7am.
The skyliner has been opening at 7:30, so yeah you'll want the bus.
Buses start running at 6:30 every morning and run on the usual "roughly every 20 minutes" schedule until the Skyliner opens at 7:30, at which time the buses start the "roughly every hour" schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter