Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you're correct it doesn't matter what time you arrive if you wish to try and get a boarding group.

Where it makes a difference is for those who want to ride a popular ride when the park opens. I read a report yesterday of someone who arrived 2 hours before park opening. (Yes, 2 hours!!) Where he had the advantage was he was in the first few people to ride SDD and off the ride by 8:10 and walked back past a line 4-6 people wide that went back to almost The Little Mermaid!! Yes, he waited 2 hours but those were not park hours and he was off to enjoy more adventures while the lines were still low. Those that arrived closer to park opening were going to spend 2 hours (or more) waiting to ride SDD and by then all lines in the park would be longer.

Our family is totally about rope dropping as often as we can!

I wish my mom and I had your energy! We’re much better at closing parks than opening them. Haha.

What are the odds you get your section request with online checkin? Last time we got building 6 - 70s lakeview and loved it. I would love 60s lakeview - we didn’t do preferred - but are there less of those so would we have less or a chance of getting it?

What are the odds you get your section request with online checkin? Last time we got building 6 - 70s lakeview and loved it. I would love 60s lakeview - we didn’t do preferred - but are there less of those so would we have less or a chance of getting it?

The exact same as if you called them in. Other than that it's impossible to say. Your success will depend on occupancy and how many others requested the same. Both of which only the Pop room assignors will know.

Very excited we made the switch from ASMusic to Pop! We need 2 rooms, so we were struggling with the increased cost, but decided to go for it! Our last stay was in 2010, and I know so much has changed since then. Are there current food court menus available? And is the only place to refill mugs at the food court? Thank you!

Very excited we made the switch from ASMusic to Pop! We need 2 rooms, so we were struggling with the increased cost, but decided to go for it! Our last stay was in 2010, and I know so much has changed since then. Are there current food court menus available? And is the only place to refill mugs at the food court? Thank you!
Here is a link to the menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/pop-century-resort/everything-pop-dining/menus/

At this time the only place to refill mugs at the resort is in the food court.

What time do the earliest buses to Magic Kingdom arrive at Pop these days? Is it even feasible to take a bus from Pop to MK for the early breakfast ADRs or should you plan to Uber if you don't have your own car? I know buses run before parks open, but with the distance between Pop & MK being the longest, I'm not sure early is early enough. :)

What time do the earliest buses to Magic Kingdom arrive at Pop these days? Is it even feasible to take a bus from Pop to MK for the early breakfast ADRs or should you plan to Uber if you don't have your own car? I know buses run before parks open, but with the distance between Pop & MK being the longest, I'm not sure early is early enough. :)
Buses typically start rolling by 6:30.

When I did Online Checkin for my trip early this month, I requested 70s first, 50s second, and got 70s. I would have been happy with 60s (Standard room) but figured the odds were against me. (Not many Standard rooms of any view in the 60s.)

If you want to use Online Checkin for your requests (rather than calling), I think I'd make lake view the first request and 60s second, so if you can't get into the 60s you might at least get that 70s lake view again.

ETA: I think all the Standard rooms in the 60s are lake view. ?

Does anyone know if the POP carries BOTH upgraded refillable mugs, the SkyLiner and Star War versions? I’ve read conflicting reports with some saying they do and other saying the SkyLiner resorts only offer the SkyLiner one and all the other resorts only offer the StarWars version. Also, since they don’t have different colored tops like the regular refillable tops do anyone have any suggestions on how to differentiate mugs if multiple people have the same one?

When I did Online Checkin for my trip early this month, I requested 70s first, 50s second, and got 70s. I would have been happy with 60s (Standard room) but figured the odds were against me. (Not many Standard rooms of any view in the 60s.)

If you want to use Online Checkin for your requests (rather than calling), I think I'd make lake view the first request and 60s second, so if you can't get into the 60s you might at least get that 70s lake view again.

ETA: I think all the Standard rooms in the 60s are lake view. ?

Thank you! Good idea on the lakefront first :)

Hello!
I read somewhere that now the Skyliner is available, buses to EPCOT and HS will only run once every hour.
Is this the case? If so, is this only after the Skyliner begins operating for the day?

I'm mostly wanting to know so I can plan our transportation for a PPO Garden Grill breakfast and for getting to HS early.

Thanks!

Hello!
I read somewhere that now the Skyliner is available, buses to EPCOT and HS will only run once every hour.
Is this the case? If so, is this only after the Skyliner begins operating for the day?

I'm mostly wanting to know so I can plan our transportation for a PPO Garden Grill breakfast and for getting to HS early.

Thanks!

Buses will run as normal before parks open.

Hello!

Thanks!
DHS and Epcot buses run hourly only ANYTIME Skyliner is operational which currently begins at 7:30 AM.

Hello!

Thanks!
Buses will run as normal before parks open.

Like @SaintsManiac said! They run like they normally did, multiple times an hour, when the SkyLiner isn’t running, and switch over to once an hour (HS and Epcot only) when the SkyLiner is running. If the SkyLiner goes down for any reason, like weather, the busses will start ripunning multiple times an hour until they’re up and running again.

Do have a question about the buses running hourly though. Is it a fixed time, say x:20, or can it very from hour to hour? Also where are the Buses/SkyLiner hours listed in the MDE app?

What time do the earliest buses to Magic Kingdom arrive at Pop these days?

If MK opens at 7:00AM, then first bus should show up by 6:00AM. If MK opens later, then 6:30AM should be the first bus.

Is it even feasible to take a bus from Pop to MK for the early breakfast ADRs or should you plan to Uber if you don't have your own car?

Not just feasible but our preferred method. We only use Uber/Taxi for early breakfast ADRs at another resort.

I know buses run before parks open, but with the distance between Pop & MK being the longest, I'm not sure early is early enough. :)

The actual drive time is just under 15 minutes, so you should have no issues.

Do have a question about the buses running hourly though. Is it a fixed time, say x:20, or can it very from hour to hour?

In our experience it was not a fixed time.

Also where are the Buses/SkyLiner hours listed in the MDE app?

Unfortunately, in our experience there was no time in the MDE app nor at the bus stop when the Skyliner was operating. It just said "Skyliner". But they were listed when the Skyliner was not operating.

Can you drop off groceries that need refrigeration when you check in? We're checking in very early then heading to the parks. Alternatively can you drop off a cooler? Also do they charge for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter