Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Any thoughts / info on the beds at POP versus AoA? We just stayed at AoA for a week and were happy with the rooms / beds (Mermaid). We are planning a quick return in October (long weekend) and are thinking about moving over to POP (or to CBR) for October... but are curious on the rooms / beds...

I love "direct to room" as much as anyone, but learned sometimes the old school method of going to the front desk works best. We did that in Dec when our room wasn't ready on arrival (late morning) but thought "what they heck, let's ask". And they got us in a great room right away! Then in March we got our room assignment while ubering to the hotel, but it was the 90s! We went to the front desk and they moved us to a room exactly aligned with our request AND it was ready. Go figure.
We had a similar thing happen about 10 years ago. I had requested connecting rooms in a building close to the bus stops and/or food court. Connecting rooms was my priority and that was noted on my reservation. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. and went to the front desk to check-in. Our room wasn't ready yet. I asked the CM if he could give me the general location of where our rooms were (if they were the perfect location, I was willing to wait). He told me they were in Building 2. I wasn't happy -- that's where we were on our previous stay and it felt SO FAR from everything. I mentioned that our 6 yo DD wasn't feeling well and I really wanted to let her nap for a little while in hopes of salvaging a few hours of park time that day or at least being able to get in a full park day the next day. He said he would look to see if there were any connecting rooms available somewhere else. A minute later he had connecting rooms available and he said they were close to meeting the location request on our reservation (which I never mentioned so he must have seen it on his screen). They were in Bldg. 8 which was really close to the bus stops (cutting through the parking lot) and fairly close to the food court as well. It actually fit our location request much better than our original assignment and the rooms were ready. So why didn't we get those rooms from the beginning??? :confused3

Last edited:
I typically arrive early in the morning on a Tuesday (after a red-eye from Los Angeles) during the "off" season and get my room assignment either on the ME (so sad it's gone) or as I reach the resort. And more often than not it's the room I requested.

This trip (in September) I'll be arriving on a Saturday. I'm thinking the worst day to arrive. I haven't had to stand in the Front Desk line for a long time but I'm thinking this might be the trip to head over to the Front Desk. I don't like the line but I usually enjoy talking to the CM's who genuinely try their best.

This is my first time at this resort. I was to do a trip in the fall with my friend but due to health issues she can't go so I will be doing a solo trip end of November. I usually stay at PO but being solo that is pricey for one person I have not been since the sky liner so a bit nervous about that. I am thinking that I would like a room near the food court and the skyliner. Is that possible? Also are we able to fax requests a couple days before hand or is it just the online check in? Thank you for any info.

I am thinking that I would like a room near the food court and the skyliner. Is that possible?
Yes. That's possible.
Also are we able to fax requests a couple days before hand or is it just the online check in? Thank you for any info.
I don't think faxing a request is available anymore. But you can call a couple of days before you arrive. Sometimes the chat feature on the Disney website works.

Yes. That's possible.

I don't think faxing a request is available anymore. But you can call a couple of days before you arrive. Sometimes the chat feature on the Disney website works.
I would recommend calling a minimum of 5 days before arrival as room assignments are believed to be done 3-5 days prior to arrival

This is my first time at this resort. I was to do a trip in the fall with my friend but due to health issues she can't go so I will be doing a solo trip end of November. I usually stay at PO but being solo that is pricey for one person I have not been since the sky liner so a bit nervous about that. I am thinking that I would like a room near the food court and the skyliner. Is that possible? Also are we able to fax requests a couple days before hand or is it just the online check in? Thank you for any info.
The posts on page 1 have a map of the resort to help you decide what to request. Please not that these are only requests and that the majority of people request the exact same area so not all can have their requests honoured. Best locations to request re: Skyliner and food court is 50's, 60's and 70's.

The Skyliner is amazing and a game changer!! You may find you're a Pop convert after this trip! :)

We will be checking into POP on June 19th-June 25th! I am so excited to be going back to this resort. We stayed here many, many years ago when my daughters were younger. (They are now 23 & 18) Looking forward to the skyliner access most of all!

We will be checking into POP on June 19th-June 25th! I am so excited to be going back to this resort. We stayed here many, many years ago when my daughters were younger. (They are now 23 & 18) Looking forward to the skyliner access most of all!
Same! (Or at least similar. :-) ) POP was the first on-site resort we stayed at 12 years ago. Kids are now 22 and 18 and not coming on this trip :sad: but DH and I are excited to go back!

We are here now for 2 weeks if anyone has any questions!
Leaving tomorrow (!), pop, 2 rooms, preferred. I c rain predicted probably tomorrow late afternoon/ evening and was wondering if i'm in epcot and planned my adr for epcot world to skyliner to pop for finishing my day and it's raining and skyliner is down i assume where do i go? how do i get from epcot to pop if skyliner is down whether it be in the front entry of epcot vs. the international gateway skyliner area?

question 2 for my big trip to pop tomorrow! I want a case of water that is not dansani. do they sell that in food court or if i purchase instacart where do i pick it up in resort? can i have it delivered or i go and retrieve it and where? Thank you all

Leaving tomorrow (!), pop, 2 rooms, preferred. I c rain predicted probably tomorrow late afternoon/ evening and was wondering if i'm in epcot and planned my adr for epcot world to skyliner to pop for finishing my day and it's raining and skyliner is down i assume where do i go? how do i get from epcot to pop if skyliner is down whether it be in the front entry of epcot vs. the international gateway skyliner area?
During inclimate weather, they Skyliner doesn't run and they provide bus service to the resorts. From Epcot to Pop, it would be the front of the park and not IG.

We loved Skyliner last year, but I'd say it only ran half the time we were there--Florida weather, afternoon storms meant frequent closures. IMO, the worst was that you wouldn't know until you were at the Skyliner whether it was running or not. If not, you had to trek to the other side of the park for the bus. (The second worst was getting stuck at a transfer station when a storm approached!)

So keep a close eye on the radar, hourly forecast.

question 2 for my big trip to pop tomorrow! I want a case of water that is not dansani. do they sell that in food court or if i purchase instacart where do i pick it up in resort? can i have it delivered or i go and retrieve it and where? Thank you all
I think they only sell Dasani in the food court. If you use Instacart you pick up at Bell Services.
Take a look at this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3821785/#post-62597383

I think they only sell Dasani in the food court. If you use Instacart you pick up at Bell Services.
Take a look at this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-information-questions.3821785/#post-62597383
Yes, there were cases of the small bottles of Dasani in the food court this past week. Dasani is a Coke product, so I am sure that’s why there isn’t a big variety. I prefer spring water, and I go through a lot of water when it’s hot, so I bring my own.

During inclimate weather, they Skyliner doesn't run and they provide bus service to the resorts. From Epcot to Pop, it would be the front of the park and not IG.

We loved Skyliner last year, but I'd say it only ran half the time we were there--Florida weather, afternoon storms meant frequent closures. IMO, the worst was that you wouldn't know until you were at the Skyliner whether it was running or not. If not, you had to trek to the other side of the park for the bus. (The second worst was getting stuck at a transfer station when a storm approached!)

So keep a close eye on the radar, hourly forecast.
I felt bad for guests last night. I was packing up to come home about 8:30pm, no sounds of thunder in the distance or anything, and all of a sudden there was the loudest crack of thunder right overhead, accompanied by the sound of a torrential rain. I looked over to see the Skyliner was still running (I assume to clear the people on board) and there was some really wicked lightning going on. I would not have liked being up there during a storm. It wasn’t too long before it shut down, and I thought of all the people at Epcot, waiting for fireworks (that sounded like they all went off as one blast much later in the evening), walking in the rain to the back of the park only to be turned around to go to the front of the park.

I did look at the radar after the first crack of thunder, and it looked really bad over Pop, AoA, and Epcot. My advice is to use an app on your phone that will send you notifications when the weather gets bad as well. All of the Orlando tv affiliates (WESH, WKMG, WFTV, WOFL) have weather apps that will do this.

I wish Disney would step up and send a notification through MDE when there is a transportation shutdown. It would be a huge help with the Skyliner, as well as boat transportation, which also can be shut down due to inclement weather.

I felt bad for guests last night. I was packing up to come home about 8:30pm, no sounds of thunder in the distance or anything, and all of a sudden there was the loudest crack of thunder right overhead, accompanied by the sound of a torrential rain. I looked over to see the Skyliner was still running (I assume to clear the people on board) and there was some really wicked lightning going on. I would not have liked being up there during a storm. It wasn’t too long before it shut down, and I thought of all the people at Epcot, waiting for fireworks (that sounded like they all went off as one blast much later in the evening), walking in the rain to the back of the park only to be turned around to go to the front of the park.

I did look at the radar after the first crack of thunder, and it looked really bad over Pop, AoA, and Epcot. My advice is to use an app on your phone that will send you notifications when the weather gets bad as well. All of the Orlando tv affiliates (WESH, WKMG, WFTV, WOFL) have weather apps that will do this.

I wish Disney would step up and send a notification through MDE when there is a transportation shutdown. It would be a huge help with the Skyliner, as well as boat transportation, which also can be shut down due to inclement weather.
I thought that when the Skyliner shut down due to storms, guests were directed to Boardwalk (or Beach Club) for buses to the Skyliner resorts? Is that not the case anymore?

I agree that MDE should carry a message when the Skyliner isn't running, directing guests to substitute transportation!

I thought that when the Skyliner shut down due to storms, guests were directed to Boardwalk (or Beach Club) for buses to the Skyliner resorts? Is that not the case anymore?

I agree that MDE should carry a message when the Skyliner isn't running, directing guests to substitute transportation!

I've definitely read several times over the last year or so that when the Skyliner is down that guests at Epcot are directed to special bus stops at one of the nearby resorts (I also can't remember which one it is).

I thought that when the Skyliner shut down due to storms, guests were directed to Boardwalk (or Beach Club) for buses to the Skyliner resorts? Is that not the case anymore? I agree that MDE should carry a message when the Skyliner isn't running, directing guests to substitute transportation!

I did two trips last summer, and on both of them, during afternoon storms, I was directed to the front of the park before exiting at IG. They may handle it differently at different times, but they definitely sent a Skyliner bus to the front of the park for us to board. This was approximately 5:00-6:00pm, so well before park close.

I have also heard about people catching buses at Epcot resorts, particularly BW, but that was not my experience. Perhaps it depends on the time of day as well. It would be simpler at park close to have the bus somewhere near IG because of the volume of people exiting. It would be next to impossible to catch every single Skyliner guest before they exited the park. Maybe someone who was there last night can chime in with how it was handled so close to park closure.

I did two trips last summer, and on both of them, during afternoon storms, I was directed to the front of the park before exiting at IG. They may handle it differently at different times, but they definitely sent a Skyliner bus to the front of the park for us to board. This was approximately 5:00-6:00pm, so well before park close.

I have also heard about people catching buses at Epcot resorts, particularly BW, but that was not my experience. Perhaps it depends on the time of day as well. It would be simpler at park close to have the bus somewhere near IG because of the volume of people exiting. It would be next to impossible to catch every single Skyliner guest before they exited the park. Maybe someone who was there last night can chime in with how it was handled so close to park closure.

I wonder what they did for people from the Skyliner resorts who were just in the Epcot boardwalk area for lunch or something and didn't have a park ticket/Epcot reservation that day to be able to enter Epcot to walk to the front entrance. I'm assuming if the Skyliner was down due to storms that the boats weren't running to DHS either. I'm sure they didn't leave those people stranded but my overthinking brain is just curious how they handle that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter