Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Speaking of room requests, I did not make a request when I made my reservation (through the WDW website). My first priority request would be a King bed. And then 50's/60's area. How and when is the best way to make these requests? We are traveling in September.

Thank you!

Yes.

As mentioned, this is generally how it works but the challenge is that the majority of people all want the same rooms in the 50s, 60's and 70's. Some like the 80's and 90's but more request the other areas.

It's purely a supply and demand thing as Pop runs at capacity. Not everyone's requests can be honoured.

I would request the area you want first, then the next area they see what you are assigned. If you'd prefer a different area you can go to Guest Services and request to be moved and they will do their best but not all requests can be honoured.

I figure just better to go in with a realistic understanding.
Oh 100% absolutely understand that. Just seems like the website is a bit buggy (no surprise here) and it automatically swaps your 1st and 2nd request choices haha.

Speaking of room requests, I did not make a request when I made my reservation (through the WDW website). My first priority request would be a King bed. And then 50's/60's area. How and when is the best way to make these requests? We are traveling in September.

Thank you!
King rooms are few and many of these are accessible rooms so not all requests can be honoured. You can request (and I would request King room first if that's your main request), then the area you would like.

If King bed is extremely important, I wouldn't request an area as it seems if they see both, you're more likely to get one or the other.
Oh 100% absolutely understand that. Just seems like the website is a bit buggy (no surprise here) and it automatically swaps your 1st and 2nd request choices haha.
I would recommend calling in requests.

Last edited:
Are magic bands active when you get them? Or do I still need to link them? When I went under my account on MDE it says I have one magicband assigned to me and my boyfriend's is under friend's magicbands.

As others have said, in theory you should be able to open your door once you have the room number. I just wanted to add a little tip. If you plan to use your magic bands for charging things back to your room, try them out at your resort first. I usually have everyone buy something in the food court or gift shop at the resort before we head to a park just to make sure everything is working correctly. If they don't work, it's much easier to get things fixed at the resort rather than finding out when you're at a park with a pile of snacks at a cash register.

As others have said, in theory you should be able to open your door once you have the room number. I just wanted to add a little tip. If you plan to use your magic bands for charging things back to your room, try them out at your resort first. I usually have everyone buy something in the food court or gift shop at the resort before we head to a park just to make sure everything is working correctly. If they don't work, it's much easier to get things fixed at the resort rather than finding out when you're at a park with a pile of snacks at a cash register.
Great tip although one time not doing this, it worked in my favour…but I recommend your method.

Upon arrival I had used dining credits to ‘purchase’ lunch, entered our room and then entered the park. I quickly realized I’d forgotten my toddler’s hat in the room. I went to purchase a hat for her at DHS but my MB wouldn’t work to purchase. Since it was still the trial run for MBs I hadn’t thought to bring money to the park as I understood my MB would work for purchasing.

When it didn’t work snd I didn’t have backup funds I went to put the hat back when the kind CM said, ‘One moment please.’ She reached under the counter, brought up scissors and as I stood in shock, snipped off the tags and said, ‘Have a magical day! Mickey just bought you a hat!!’ :D Pixie dusted within minutes of arriving at Disney!

Talk me off the ledge… just got here today… room wasn’t ready until after 4… and I was thinking it was due to accommodating our room requests… but I guess our travel agent never submitted them… so we ended up top floor (which we do want) but the back side of the 90s building!! So far from everything. The only days we want to rope drop are the two skyliner resorts… I’m so frustrated. I did talk to someone about changing rooms, so they will let us know at 6am tomorrow and move our stuff while we are at the parks…. Torn on if we should move or not… but I feel like I’ll just be annoyed every time we go to our room if we don’t move.

Last edited:
Talk me off the ledge… just got here today… room wasn’t ready until after 4… and I was thinking it was due to accommodating our room requests… but I guess our travel agent never submitted them… so we ended up too floor (which we do want) but the back side of the 90s building!! So far from everything. The only days we want to rope drop are the two skylines resorts… I’m so frustrated. I did talk to someone about changing rooms, so they will let us know at 6am tomorrow and move our stuff while we are at the parks…. Torn on if we should move or not… but I feel like I’ll just be annoyed every time we go to our room if we don’t move.
Do it! Make the change tomorrow and don’t look back. :goodvibes
You’ll be happier in the long run.
Good luck!

are the character appearance timings completely 100% random?
Yes, it's a "surprise & delight" with no set schedule. That said, the characters do tend to appear at resorts more frequently when there's inclement weather to help entertain kids stuck indoors.

Talk me off the ledge… just got here today… room wasn’t ready until after 4… and I was thinking it was due to accommodating our room requests… but I guess our travel agent never submitted them… so we ended up top floor (which we do want) but the back side of the 90s building!! So far from everything. The only days we want to rope drop are the two skyliner resorts… I’m so frustrated. I did talk to someone about changing rooms, so they will let us know at 6am tomorrow and move our stuff while we are at the parks…. Torn on if we should move or not… but I feel like I’ll just be annoyed every time we go to our room if we don’t move.
Sure, if you'll be happier closer to the Skyliner, then why not move? I wouldn't assume your TA didn't make your room request - it's just it's a request and not at all a guarantee. Pop especially is not very good about fulfilling room requests, in my experience. I stay there a lot and I only get the room I requested maybe 20% of the time. Best thing to do is exactly what you did - talk to a CM at the front desk and ask for a different room.

Disney is short on housekeeping supervisors right now, and it's not uncommon for rooms to not be ready until 5 or 6pm now. The rooms are usually already clean, but waiting on a supervisor to check it and clear it for check in before it's given to a guest. They just don't have enough staff to check every room before check-in time.

I would request to be moved. We were back, far corner of 80’s one trip and I kept it as we wanted one of the (then) newly refurbished rooms. It was fine but we won’t stay in those rooms again and it did change how we toured our entire trip. I would ask to be moved as I have a couple times since then when assigned a similar location.

I wouldn’t blame your TA as almost all guests request the same rooms so not all requests can be fulfilled.

Pop does not guarantee requests will be met, they just attempt to meet the requests.

I would request to be moved. We were back, far corner of 80’s one trip and I kept it as we wanted one of the (then) newly refurbished rooms. It was fine but we won’t stay in those rooms again and it did change how we toured our entire trip. I would ask to be moved as I have a couple times since then when assigned a similar location.

I wouldn’t blame your TA as almost all guests request the same rooms so not all requests can be fulfilled.

Pop does not guarantee requests will be met, they just attempt to meet the requests.
Thanks everyone! We are moving today, not very far but a building closer to everything which will help.

I know requests aren’t a guarantee, and I understand that… but I’m glad we can get a little more convenient room. I did ask when this was going down and they didn’t have any room requests documented, which I why I assumed the travel agent request didn’t get made or it got lost somewhere.

Oh well, yesterday was frustrating ( I also killed my Apple Watch in the pool-stupid swim proof but not always)

Today will be better, even if we’re already having G+ issues 😛

Had a great week at POP, our first stay there. we were in the 50's building 2. Had heard that you can see some of the EPCOT fireworks from building 3; we went to the top floor of building 2 and saw the EPCOT and MK fireworks!

Food court- turkey dinner and pot roast SO good.

Skyliner is a game changer, will never stay at a non Skyliner resort.

Planning a return to POP in the next 1.5-2 years, can't wait.
agree, we always enjoyed pop or AoA, now with the skyliner, gamechanger!

I love "direct to room" as much as anyone, but learned sometimes the old school method of going to the front desk works best. We did that in Dec when our room wasn't ready on arrival (late morning) but thought "what they heck, let's ask". And they got us in a great room right away! Then in March we got our room assignment while ubering to the hotel, but it was the 90s! We went to the front desk and they moved us to a room exactly aligned with our request AND it was ready. Go figure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter