Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

I was on the skyliner during that storm last night!!
Transferred at CBR to Epcot. When the skyliner pulled into Riveria they were not letting any more guests board but still let us stay on!
We kept travelling and were nearly to the turn station in the boardwalk parking lot when the cars stopped for 10 minutes.
There was lightening all around us for most of the journey!

Even though the storm passed, Harmonius was cancelled and the skyliner did not start back up. They were directing guests to park entrance or beach club for a bus to the skyliner resorts. They were really pushing everyone to go to the park entrance but I went to beach club and there was a bus waiting with only about 5 of us on.

We arrive Tuesday. I just had something delivered to the resort on accident. I was playing around on Amazon for our food order and I guess it stayed as delivery address. It’s not groceries. Will they hold it?

I am less than 30 days until I arrive at Pop. How soon can I check in online? I am super excited!!
You can check in online whenever you want! All it does is complete things like putting a CC on file and letting them know approximately when you expect to arrive. If you’ve made room location requests through any other medium, for instance when you made your reservation, leave that part of online checkin blank, but if you haven’t and the online options work for you, you can fill them out too. Have a great visit!

I wonder what they did for people from the Skyliner resorts who were just in the Epcot boardwalk area for lunch or something and didn't have a park ticket/Epcot reservation that day to be able to enter Epcot to walk to the front entrance. I'm assuming if the Skyliner was down due to storms that the boats weren't running to DHS either. I'm sure they didn't leave those people stranded but my overthinking brain is just curious how they handle that.
It would be just like before the Skyliner. If an alternate bus is not being offered to Pop, guests can take a bus to MK, AK or DS and then transfer to a Pop bus there.
We arrive Tuesday. I just had something delivered to the resort on accident. I was playing around on Amazon for our food order and I guess it stayed as delivery address. It’s not groceries. Will they hold it?
Yes. They hold all packages at the front desk location. You may pick them up there. A $6 fee for each package will be applied.

I wonder what they did for people from the Skyliner resorts who were just in the Epcot boardwalk area for lunch or something and didn't have a park ticket/Epcot reservation that day to be able to enter Epcot to walk to the front entrance. I'm assuming if the Skyliner was down due to storms that the boats weren't running to DHS either. I'm sure they didn't leave those people stranded but my overthinking brain is just curious how they handle that.
I basically got stranded with a figure it out response on Tues and I am still unhappy with how disney treated several groups. Skyliner was down, then started, Harmonious went off on time - we walked to skyliner it was down again no idea if they would bother restarting - directed to head to buses out front. Keep in mind the weather Sunday was WAY worse and it restarted without a problem and ran an extra hour to help get people back to the resorts. Well before we took the trek 2 groups came up behind us (1 young couple, another a family with 2 small children) they walked to the buses to be turned around a SECOND time. Now at skyliner being told walk back. we all asked, so how do we know if we walk back to bus we won't be denied again, isnt there a closer bus option? They said you can wait and see but nothing we can do if it doesnt start back up, you will have to find a way back. We decided to stroll to the boardwalk for a little then try again, we saw the skyliner start up and turned back but by then (1030) they had closed the gate. I asked security why if they told us that it started we were being shut out of a return method, man said its not running its doing maintenance over night find your own way back - and walked away. to say disney has gone way downhill on the CS would be an understatement. As when we finally got back to Pop the front desk person I spoke to about extending my check out was abrupt and rude - before even asking why I needed the late check out replied, 12:30 thats the current and best, as if my issue was my own fault.

Also I find the fact the cafe closes at 11 (when parks were open until 11) to be absurd. Families coming back from MK were left with no chance for snacks/beverages unless they waited in the pool bar line (which is open until 1130 despite the front desk telling people it was closed) The bartender was quite annoyed to keep hearing people be told they were without options, she told us and several others to complain strongly about the services issues not only at POP but with communication and transportation options.

I basically got stranded with a figure it out response on Tues and I am still unhappy with how disney treated several groups. Skyliner was down, then started, Harmonious went off on time - we walked to skyliner it was down again no idea if they would bother restarting - directed to head to buses out front. Keep in mind the weather Sunday was WAY worse and it restarted without a problem and ran an extra hour to help get people back to the resorts. Well before we took the trek 2 groups came up behind us (1 young couple, another a family with 2 small children) they walked to the buses to be turned around a SECOND time. Now at skyliner being told walk back. we all asked, so how do we know if we walk back to bus we won't be denied again, isnt there a closer bus option? They said you can wait and see but nothing we can do if it doesnt start back up, you will have to find a way back. We decided to stroll to the boardwalk for a little then try again, we saw the skyliner start up and turned back but by then (1030) they had closed the gate. I asked security why if they told us that it started we were being shut out of a return method, man said its not running its doing maintenance over night find your own way back - and walked away. to say disney has gone way downhill on the CS would be an understatement. As when we finally got back to Pop the front desk person I spoke to about extending my check out was abrupt and rude - before even asking why I needed the late check out replied, 12:30 thats the current and best, as if my issue was my own fault.

Also I find the fact the cafe closes at 11 (when parks were open until 11) to be absurd. Families coming back from MK were left with no chance for snacks/beverages unless they waited in the pool bar line (which is open until 1130 despite the front desk telling people it was closed) The bartender was quite annoyed to keep hearing people be told they were without options, she told us and several others to complain strongly about the services issues not only at POP but with communication and transportation options.
I'm sorry that happened to you and I'd be complaining *very* loudly about everything. They really need to have a better plan in place. If they tell people to walk to the front of the parks for a bus, then they need to provide that bus service for about an hour after the Skyliner starts up again to accommodate guests who had been told to make that trek because the Skyliner is down. It's almost a mile walk and at the end of a long day it's going to take people closer to 30 minutes to get to the front of the park. Either that or they need to go back to have the bus stop at Beach Club.

I'm so afraid of this happening on our extended family vacation this summer (most of us are staying at AoA/Pop). While it's not that big of a deal for adults to try and find a different way back to the hotel, it will definitely be a PITB for the family with an infant and a preschooler in a double stroller. I wonder if it makes more sense when the EP Skyliner is down and people are directed to the front of the park to the buses to just boat or walk to DHS (the walking distance is almost the same as going to the bus stops at EP) where the Skyliner station and bus stops are next to each other so it will be easier to use whichever transportation option is available when you get there. Or walk to Beach Club and take a bus to DS and back to the hotel from there. Either one involves a lot of time and walking, but at least we'd be making forward progress and not going back and forth. The more I think about it, I'm thinking that if the Skyliner is down at the end of the night and they don't have a bus at Beach Club, we're taking a cab. :D

A lot of justified frustration for sure!!

A couple of things that might help future guests.

1. If directed to buses and they are not running, please know that buses always run between all 4 parks and AoA. It’s a walk across the bridge and honestly, I understand that after a long day every step counts, but a walk from AoA to Pop is shorter than going back to IG (if even allowed to re-enter once Epcot us closed.) Thankfully the Pop and AoA bus stops are traditionally beside one another.

2. Also, before deciding to head to DHS, check their park hours. Walking there may put you no further ahead if the park has been closed more than 90 mins. DHS normally closes earlier than Epcot so a bus from there may not be an option.

Last edited:
I'm sorry that happened to you and I'd be complaining *very* loudly about everything. They really need to have a better plan in place. If they tell people to walk to the front of the parks for a bus, then they need to provide that bus service for about an hour after the Skyliner starts up again to accommodate guests who had been told to make that trek because the Skyliner is down. It's almost a mile walk and at the end of a long day it's going to take people closer to 30 minutes to get to the front of the park. Either that or they need to go back to have the bus stop at Beach Club.

I'm so afraid of this happening on our extended family vacation this summer (most of us are staying at AoA/Pop). While it's not that big of a deal for adults to try and find a different way back to the hotel, it will definitely be a PITB for the family with an infant and a preschooler in a double stroller. I wonder if it makes more sense when the EP Skyliner is down and people are directed to the front of the park to the buses to just boat or walk to DHS (the walking distance is almost the same as going to the bus stops at EP) where the Skyliner station and bus stops are next to each other so it will be easier to use whichever transportation option is available when you get there. Or walk to Beach Club and take a bus to DS and back to the hotel from there. Either one involves a lot of time and walking, but at least we'd be making forward progress and not going back and forth. The more I think about it, I'm thinking that if the Skyliner is down at the end of the night and they don't have a bus at Beach Club, we're taking a cab. :D
MK was still open so we had the option of bus to there from beach then walk to pop bus but I was beat - it was 95 all day it was the last day of our trip - and I get weather and the unexpected happens, but the condescending and lack of caring attitude was what really got me. We had been in Universal the first part of our trip and the treatment there was world class. They even have a shuttle between resorts for dining, granted their property is MUCH closer but those small little things are so appreciated when on vacation. And as noted, Sunday's weather was 10 times worse and they restarted the skyliner late and didn't turn us away. Sometimes it can just be a combo of the people working on a shift that changes things but I felt for that family with small kids the mom was on verge of tears more for her own feet and chance that while the kids were in good spirits that could break any second.
Also our last morning I was woken up by drills - they were painting the building and started at 8am - with no warning - we were put at the far far end of building 2 with at least 8 empty rooms before ours the 3 nights we were there. A little warning and maybe starting at 9 would have been better.

Can anyone tell me please if the rooms or the food court at Pop has the little pots of coffee mate vanilla? My husband is rather obsessed with it, and it is expensive in England to buy the powder form - we can't even get the liquid in the vanilla flavour!
TIA :)

Can anyone tell me please if the rooms or the food court at Pop has the little pots of coffee mate vanilla? My husband is rather obsessed with it, and it is expensive in England to buy the powder form - we can't even get the liquid in the vanilla flavour!
TIA :)
They don't have the vanilla flavor in the rooms.
DSC_0013_POPcoffee copy.jpg

MK was still open so we had the option of bus to there from beach then walk to pop bus but I was beat - it was 95 all day it was the last day of our trip - and I get weather and the unexpected happens, but the condescending and lack of caring attitude was what really got me. We had been in Universal the first part of our trip and the treatment there was world class. They even have a shuttle between resorts for dining, granted their property is MUCH closer but those small little things are so appreciated when on vacation. And as noted, Sunday's weather was 10 times worse and they restarted the skyliner late and didn't turn us away. Sometimes it can just be a combo of the people working on a shift that changes things but I felt for that family with small kids the mom was on verge of tears more for her own feet and chance that while the kids were in good spirits that could break any second.
Also our last morning I was woken up by drills - they were painting the building and started at 8am - with no warning - we were put at the far far end of building 2 with at least 8 empty rooms before ours the 3 nights we were there. A little warning and maybe starting at 9 would have been better.

That drilling wouldn't have made me happy either. One year at Pop we ended up with a room right at the Housekeeping Golf Cart parking/gathering area. Ugh! So noisy really early....like 7:00 a.m. early. Some days we were already awake before the noise began, but not so fun on the days we wanted to sleep in.

Wow. Disney is really going south with their "We have your money so what do we care if you enjoy your vacation?" attitude. Stranding guests and then getting rude with them when they ask for help is something I can't imagine Walt being OK with. If he was still alive every CM who acted that way would have lost their job that same night!

I asked security why if they told us that it started we were being shut out of a return method, man said its not running its doing maintenance over night find your own way back - and walked away.

Disney used to be known above all for its amazing customer service and how they looked after their guests and took care of every detail. Now it's "You don't have any way to get back to your hotel and it's 10:30 at night and you're exhausted? Stinks to be you, I guess! Bye!"

Last edited:
As tea loving Brits we couldn't understand why the only tea bags in the rooms are Earl Grey and Green Tea, no Breakfast tea. We called housekeeping, but, they don't have Breakfast tea on their carts. We ended up grabbing some in the food court every time we were there and his nibs would grab some speciality tea bags when resort hopping, only two or three, I couldn't bring myself to do it. The justification was that we had refillable mugs we carried everywhere so we paid for them, but, I feel bad admitting to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter