Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Question: do the carriage ride times change depending on the season? The official unofficial website says 6-9:30pm, but in November that would put them entirely after dark!

I saw a carriage ride in progress around 8pm this evening so yes, they run after dark. The area is fairly well lit though.

I saw a carriage ride in progress around 8pm this evening so yes, they run after dark. The area is fairly well lit though.
We usually go in November and yes the 6 to 9:30 sounds right. Even this year when we went in October the hours were the same. During the day most people are at the parks or pools

I've just posted the new foodcourt menus to my Facebook page and also to http://www.portorleans.org/floatworks.php . Looks like some nice new options, although a few older items are gone too.

Andre

I like the new menu. With these different make your own options, between here and POR there is a lot of options. Sure, there is a lot of different options, but it's keeping with the theme. They still have standard fare too. I think if you look at it as both food courts together for options, it's a nice package.

Looking at the pic with the free style machines, I wonder how long the lines will be during very busy times? It will take longer for people to get their ice and choose the drink before moving on - compared to the old set-up where ice was separate from getting the drink. Just a passing thought - we'll see on Tuesday!
It's rather hard to figure out but those machines don't create long lines at the places where they are used around here (and it's a lot).
Even our movie theaters have gone to them, instead of standing in line and getting your drink when you order you get an empty cup and use a free style machine to fill it. Even during very busy movie nights there are not long lines. I thought it was going to be awful and it isn't. Hopefully the same thing happens at the Food Court. I know when we were there in Aug the lines were not long at the machines and they had way fewer

There are eight drinks machines now, four on each side, compared to the two before, and a think a bit more space around the beverage island (which seems larger). It's meant to be themed as an unfinished 'work-in-progress' parade float, but sadly unless you know what they are trying to do, I think it just comes over as simply unfinished.

upload_2016-11-20_15-55-48.png

upload_2016-11-20_15-56-15.png

Andre

Trying to make it look like an unfinished float is a really neat idea... but they took so much of the decor out it now just looks like they couldn't be bothered to finish it off. There's not enough context now without the Mardi Gras float decorations. I really do hope they add to it.

Trying to make it look like an unfinished float is a really neat idea... but they took so much of the decor out it now just looks like they couldn't be bothered to finish it off. There's not enough context now without the Mardi Gras float decorations. I really do hope they add to it.
I really hate that all of the masks and Mardi Gras decorations were removed. Maybe it looks better in person?

I really hate that all of the masks and Mardi Gras decorations were removed. Maybe it looks better in person?

I gather not. Even the jester figure is gone, as they've put the registers in there to open up some space.

However they then moved the Grab'n'Go cabinets to the middle of the serving area, which just clogs it up again (today people are pushing the cabinets around to see if they can make it work any better).

upload_2016-11-20_19-11-38.png

upload_2016-11-20_19-13-3.png

upload_2016-11-20_19-12-5.png

Andre

this new decor really sucks. It's just all boring brown and earth tones and barely any mardi gras type decorations at all. Since when are brown earth tones a symbol of New Orleans and Mardi Gras??

I know I've seen this info somewhere before but does anyone have the measurements of the room windows?

There are eight drinks machines now, four on each side, compared to the two before, and a think a bit more space around the beverage island (which seems larger). It's meant to be themed as an unfinished 'work-in-progress' parade float, but sadly unless you know what they are trying to do, I think it just comes over as simply unfinished.

View attachment 206991

View attachment 206992

Andre
Interesting! As I've said, I'm from NOLA, and I've been in a couple of Mardi Gras parades. But, I would never have guessed that was supposed to be an unfinished float. Can't wait to get there, I'll ask dh (who has also been on a real Mardi Gras float) what he thinks it is and then impress him with my knowledge!

ETA: After going back and studying the "unfinished" float - I guess I "can" see it. But, the real question is why would they think that was a good idea??

Last edited:
It's rather hard to figure out but those machines don't create long lines at the places where they are used around here (and it's a lot).
Even our movie theaters have gone to them, instead of standing in line and getting your drink when you order you get an empty cup and use a free style machine to fill it. Even during very busy movie nights there are not long lines. I thought it was going to be awful and it isn't. Hopefully the same thing happens at the Food Court. I know when we were there in Aug the lines were not long at the machines and they had way fewer
Geez, down here in Boca, I've seen a short line at the Pei Wei machine.

Well, the fax has been sent and I'm just about finished packing! We're driving up to the World early Tuesday am. Looking forward to it! The weather has been great down here in South Florida so I'm hoping for the same at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter