Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Our arrival at POFQ is Tuesday, October 10th -- our flight lands at 3:30PM. We are taking Magical Express... I assume we might get to the hotel around 5:30? It's been 9 years since the last time I rode ME so no idea there. Anyway, we will not be using any park tickets for arrival night. My husband would like to sit by the pool for a while, and he liked the idea of the pool bar and the lounge. Is POFQ adequate for a relaxing first evening, or should we try to check out what's going on at Riverside instead? There's also the boat to Disney Springs but I don't really care if we go there or not (I'm not a huge shopper aside from the World of Disney). Or if you have any other ideas, throw them my way... thanks.

Our arrival at POFQ is Tuesday, October 10th -- our flight lands at 3:30PM. We are taking Magical Express... I assume we might get to the hotel around 5:30? It's been 9 years since the last time I rode ME so no idea there. Anyway, we will not be using any park tickets for arrival night. My husband would like to sit by the pool for a while, and he liked the idea of the pool bar and the lounge. Is POFQ adequate for a relaxing first evening, or should we try to check out what's going on at Riverside instead? There's also the boat to Disney Springs but I don't really care if we go there or not (I'm not a huge shopper aside from the World of Disney). Or if you have any other ideas, throw them my way... thanks.

I usually estimate an hour for ME...of course depends on debarking. From my research, the food court at POFQ has lots of yummy options, but I would suggest looking at the menus online for the food court vs. Boatwrights, the table service at Riverside to decide what you both want. The resorts are close enough to walk- maybe 10 min or you can ride one of the boats over to Riverside. My guess is the earliest you will be at the hotel is 5:30 so a little pool and a little dinner would definitely keep my group happy! Have a great trip!

We arrive at the same time 2 days later. I had the same idea that we would be to hotel around 5:30 ish. Our plan is to drop carry on luggage off at room, then head out to Disney Springs and go to Planet Hollywood for dinner, maybe walk around Disney Springs a bit and come back to the hotel, let the kids swim and wife and I can relax poolside.

Does anybody know if the dining hall still offers the build your own salad? Last we were there in Nov 15 we were able to do that, but I don't see it on the menu now. It wasn't set up like RS is, but it was an option.

Thanks!

Thank you! I'll have a peek at the menu at Boatwrights.
We been able to get same day ADRS at Boatwright's our last 2 trips. You could do it from the airport once you know your plane is leaving on time or else waiting for ME.
Just so you know the POR boat to/from DS does not stop at POFQ after 4:30-5:00. Each resort has their own DS boats in the evening .

We're planning our Spring 2018 trip to POFQ, and I'm trying to figure out what 'view type' to book. For various reasons (disability, laziness, et al) we REALLY want to be in building 2 or 5 (4 might work in a pinch). We don't actually care about the view, my aunt would prefer a first floor room. The only way to 'guarantee' a room in 2 or 5 is to book a pool view, which are only on the second and third floors. Do you think it would be worth it to book the pool view, and let them know that we'll take any room in 2 or 5? Or take a gamble with a garden view?

We're planning our Spring 2018 trip to POFQ, and I'm trying to figure out what 'view type' to book. For various reasons (disability, laziness, et al) we REALLY want to be in building 2 or 5 (4 might work in a pinch). We don't actually care about the view, my aunt would prefer a first floor room. The only way to 'guarantee' a room in 2 or 5 is to book a pool view, which are only on the second and third floors. Do you think it would be worth it to book the pool view, and let them know that we'll take any room in 2 or 5? Or take a gamble with a garden view?
I would book pool view at least that way you will be in 2 or 5. If you book garden you can request building 2 or 5 on the 1st floor but no guarantee. All the buildings have elevators.

I would book pool view at least that way you will be in 2 or 5. If you book garden you can request building 2 or 5 on the 1st floor but no guarantee. All the buildings have elevators.

Thanks for the input. I figured that would be the best thing to do, but this is the first time we've had such specific preferences. Fingers crossed we can manage to get a first floor in 5 (that's the dream goal). My aunt has a bad back, but also hates elevators, so.... First floor is best for her.

The only way to 'guarantee' a room in 2 or 5 is to book a pool view, which are only on the second and third floors.

When the Children's Splash Play area was built last year, they extended the Pool View category to include six new rooms on the ground floor of building 2 (shown in light blue below):

upload_2017-7-22_8-56-43.png

Andre

Can anyone tell me if the buses run early to the Parks if you have a breakfast reservation i.e. we've got BOG booked for 8am and are hoping that we can get a bus to the park at 7am or do the bus's not run that early if the park doesn't open till 9am?

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the buses run early to the Parks if you have a breakfast reservation i.e. we've got BOG booked for 8am and are hoping that we can get a bus to the park at 7am or do the bus's not run that early if the park doesn't open till 9am?

Thanks

Buses start running at 6:30 am every day.

If anybody is there now or recently returned, can you tell me if there was an area in the food court where you could build your own salad?
Thanks!

On our first stay there, our plane doesn't land until 9pm and then we will take Magical Express to POFQ. Knowing we may not get there until 10, we are wondering if the food court will be open or anything open still at 10 or later to get snacks and check out the resort? Can we go in the hot tub? We will be going in Feb. and our 2 teen girls will be too excited to go right to sleep so we need to do something :)

On our first stay there, our plane doesn't land until 9pm and then we will take Magical Express to POFQ. Knowing we may not get there until 10, we are wondering if the food court will be open or anything open still at 10 or later to get snacks and check out the resort? Can we go in the hot tub? We will be going in Feb. and our 2 teen girls will be too excited to go right to sleep so we need to do something :)
Maybe closer to 10:30 when you get to POFQ. The foodcourt is open 11:00 I believe and there are snacks etc in the gift shop. Plus the lounge has a appetizer menu ( most likely the stop food at 11:00ish). Never been in February so not sure on hot tub or pool hours. If you haven't done it yet check out www.portorleans.org lot of info there.

You are unlikely to get there by 10pm, but the food court is open until midnight for certain items anyway (bakery, grab'n'go, pizza) so you should be able to get something. At that time of night, I would take your cases with you on the bus (even if they say that they can still deliver them it could be quite late in the night).

Andre

Out of curiosity more than anything we will be in wdw on Halloween does this resort do anything on Halloween at all?
The last time we were at POFQ on Halloween(2013), they had games and crafts for kids and then trick-or-treating inside and around the lobby and also a couple of characters showed up for about 30 minutes to take photos/autographs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter