Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you @chelynnah I'm starting to relax a bit now. We did decided to head back home on Friday instead of Saturday. Between the Presidents day crowds and the cost of the room on Saturday it make more sense to us. Really looking forward to getting back to POFQ!

Just hit 59 days!! Completed the check in and I noticed there weren't many choices for room request (just Corner, Near Transport and Ground Floor) We requested a Corner Room & Near Transportation. We have a garden view. I also put in a request that we prefer the room to be ready upon arrival (we are arriving around 11am). Do you think that we will have a room ready by that time?

Just hit 59 days!! Completed the check in and I noticed there weren't many choices for room request (just Corner, Near Transport and Ground Floor) We requested a Corner Room & Near Transportation. We have a garden view. I also put in a request that we prefer the room to be ready upon arrival (we are arriving around 11am). Do you think that we will have a room ready by that time?
We usually arrive around that and on half of the trips the room was ready. Did you note that room ready was the 1st priority? I know that was an option on our last 2 trips.

We usually arrive around that and on half of the trips the room was ready. Did you note that room ready was the 1st priority? I know that was an option on our last 2 trips.
Yeah we checked the box that says priority room ready upon arrival. I hope since check out is at 11am some rooms should be ready by 11am!

I am staying at POFQ in the winter. Does anyone know if I can take a bus/boat to POR from there, or are they no longer sharing? (My parents are elderly, so thais would be so convenient.)
This would be during half marathon/ presidents week, so I expect it to be crowded. Not sure if that makes a difference.

So with the online check in thing you are all talking about, what is that exactly? Is that something you do to make room requests? Is there any benefit to doing it, or any reason you wouldn't? Thanks!

So with the online check in thing you are all talking about, what is that exactly? Is that something you do to make room requests? Is there any benefit to doing it, or any reason you wouldn't? Thanks!

The online check in is a way for you to skip going to the front desk when you arrive to the resort. You pick your approximate arrival time to resort. You pick room requests, a CC for room charges, PIN for MB etc. you give them your phone number and email and they text you when the room is ready!

Thank you for that. I guess it isn't really an option for international travellers then, as we have to pick up the magic bands when we arrive, nothing is posted internationally.

Are the rooms at FQ getting make overs like pop and csr?

They will do all of the rooms, yes. Last time the process took about 6 months for FQ, but I guess it might be a bit quicker this time if they are not doing doing quite such a major refit.

I am staying at POFQ in the winter. Does anyone know if I can take a bus/boat to POR from there, or are they no longer sharing?

Yes, there is an internal shuttle bus, which is also the Disney Springs bus, and also some of the other bus routes share a times too (mostly that would be in the FQ to Riverside direction, so ask the driver first). The boats call at both resorts until around 5pm, after which they run as independent services.

Thank you for that. I guess it isn't really an option for international travellers then, as we have to pick up the magic bands when we arrive, nothing is posted internationally.

International guests don't get their Magic Bands posted to them, which means you have to pick them up at the front desk when you arrive, and and you won't have the option of direct-to-room checkin unless you still have working bands from a previous trip and opt to use those again. However there is no disadvantage to doing Online Checkin, so I would suggest doing it anyway to cut down on your time at the front desk as your credit card, PIN, etc will already be set up. Also you might stand a slightly better chance of getting your room requests as they normally assign you a room an hour or two before the arrival time stated in your OLCI - which means that if you don't like what they've initially chosen, you can ask them to check again at the desk and there may be some different Ready Rooms to choose from.

Andre

They will do all of the rooms, yes. Last time the process took about 6 months for FQ, but I guess it might be a bit quicker this time if they are not doing doing quite such a major refit.

Yes, there is an internal shuttle bus, which is also the Disney Springs bus, and also some of the other bus routes share a times too (mostly that would be in the FQ to Riverside direction, so ask the driver first). The boats call at both resorts until around 5pm, after which they run as independent services.

International guests don't get their Magic Bands posted to them, which means you have to pick them up at the front desk when you arrive, and and you won't have the option of direct-to-room checkin unless you still have working bands from a previous trip and opt to use those again. However there is no disadvantage to doing Online Checkin, so I would suggest doing it anyway to cut down on your time at the front desk as your credit card, PIN, etc will already be set up. Also you might stand a slightly better chance of getting your room requests as they normally assign you a room an hour or two before the arrival time stated in your OLCI - which means that if you don't like what they've initially chosen, you can ask them to check again at the desk and there may be some different Ready Rooms to choose from.

Andre

Andre,

Thank you so much for the response! When will this start? Will it be a total remodel like the CSR? We are planning on staying at the FQ next summer, so just curious.

Thank you so much for the response! When will this start? Will it be a total remodel like the CSR? We are planning on staying at the FQ next summer, so just curious.

There is no start date as yet, but I'm guessing sometime in the Fall after the summer peak period has died down. I gather it will be a "soft-goods" refit which they do at Disney every five years or so.

Andre

Question! Hopefully you can answer this since you just did the online check in! Our only request is going to be not connecting door. Do you recall if that is an option or how to request that if it's not? Thanks!

Hi,
We're staying here in August for 21nights,originally was at CBR until the works were announced,so we got moved to POFQ.Our daughter will be receiving her GCSE exam results whilst we are over there on August 24th and I was wondering if Sassagoula have celebration cakes to buy on the day and if yes does anyone have any photo's,description of the cakes and cost?. If not what about chocolate dipped strawberries?.Maybe balloons?.
TIA :flower3:

Hi,
We are staying at POFQ for the first time Jan 3-7. We will have also have a car, which is another first for us. Is it more convenient to drive to/from the parks or take the Disney bus?

Hi,
We are staying at POFQ for the first time Jan 3-7. We will have also have a car, which is another first for us. Is it more convenient to drive to/from the parks or take the Disney bus?

We find it more convenient to use the buses, especially to Magic Kingdom. If you bus to MK you get dropped off right outside the front gate. If you drive to MK you have to park at the Ticket and Transportation Center, take a tram from your spot to the front (depending on how early you get there), then wait in line for the monorail or the ferry over to the front gate of MK. After doing trials over the years now when we have a vehicle with us we only use it for early morning breakfast ADRs at another resort.

Hi,
We're staying here in August for 21nights,originally was at CBR until the works were announced,so we got moved to POFQ.Our daughter will be receiving her GCSE exam results whilst we are over there on August 24th and I was wondering if Sassagoula have celebration cakes to buy on the day and if yes does anyone have any photo's,description of the cakes and cost?. If not what about chocolate dipped strawberries?.Maybe balloons?.
TIA :flower3:

They do have desserts available but if you're looking for a cake, there is a special Disney cake number to call. There is a thread on this board somewhere if you want to check them out. Also, you can go through the Disney florist for balloons, chocolate strawberries, etc. They're a bit pricey but have nice stuff.
Congrats!

There is no start date as yet, but I'm guessing sometime in the Fall after the summer peak period has died down. I gather it will be a "soft-goods" refit which they do at Disney every five years or so.

Andre

I just booked POFQ for Feb. 2018. Now I'm second guessing. What is s "soft goods refit"? I don't want to stay there if there will be make reservations, esp. if it effects the food court or souveneer shop. I'll be with my parents, and really want them to have a great stay. I was originally booked for Pop. Would you recommend switching back? I can't do POR because it's too big for my dad to get around and I really can't fit preferred rooms in my budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter