Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just back last night from six days at the Beach Club!

Honestly, I feel like a broken record, but once again we had a fantastic trip! We were a party of six adults and two rooms - we booked the magical deal and were upgraded to an AWESOME garden view, connecting rooms, daybeds, on the second floor, rooms 2577 and 2579 (Scott, I think we were right across from each other overlooking the courtyard!). I'll post pics of our view, which in my opinion should be a water view, it was just gorgeous. As many can attest who are there now, we were VERY lucky with the weather - although it was hotter than hot, there was very little rain. We travel this time every year and it's always iffy. We did all four parks, had lots of time at SAB, and were out there all afternoon for the eclipse. I was very happy I brought our eclipse glasses with us, it was AMAZING to watch - we shared them with everyone around us, and I thought it was very cool. A a party of six, I thought we would have no shot at finding lounge chairs together, but we did every afternoon. I didn't find it as crowded as in year's past.

We had great experiences with the BC CM's; everyone was friendly and accommodating. We called every morning to request early housekeeping before noon and we got it every day. The Marketplace was hectic as ever, and although I was surprised by the lack of offerings (where did the sandwiches go?) I was happy to see the make-your-own salad. And HOORAY I was able to get the wedge salad at the Crew's Cup which I ate twice! The YC market had great food and beverage selections and as a very early riser I loved the 6:00 am opening, but I don't know - something about it just seems blah to me....like it doesn't really belong there. It needs more stuff in it - like there's big open spaces in the middle.

I also did not find the parks overly crowded - we did rope drop most days, sat at the pool all afternoon and went back out at night. I have to say, I just love walking around the Epcot resort area at night, it is so beautiful and fun! We ate at California Grill, did the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK (loved this!), 'Ohana, Trader Sam's, Tutto Gusto, Chefs de France, Chef Mickey's, Be Our Guest, Yak and Yeti, and lots of other lounges around the property. Great experiences at all...

LOVED LOVED Pandora (you must go in both the day and at night) and Flight of Passage was by far the most unbelievable experience! It totally lives up to what everyone is saying about it. If you don't get a fast pass for it, figure out a way to ride!
Let me know if you have any questions! :goodvibes

Just back last night from six days at the Beach Club!

Honestly, I feel like a broken record, but once again we had a fantastic trip! We were a party of six adults and two rooms - we booked the magical deal and were upgraded to an AWESOME garden view, connecting rooms, daybeds, on the second floor, rooms 2577 and 2579 (Scott, I think we were right across from each other overlooking the courtyard!). I'll post pics of our view, which in my opinion should be a water view, it was just gorgeous. As many can attest who are there now, we were VERY lucky with the weather - although it was hotter than hot, there was very little rain. We travel this time every year and it's always iffy. We did all four parks, had lots of time at SAB, and were out there all afternoon for the eclipse. I was very happy I brought our eclipse glasses with us, it was AMAZING to watch - we shared them with everyone around us, and I thought it was very cool. A a party of six, I thought we would have no shot at finding lounge chairs together, but we did every afternoon. I didn't find it as crowded as in year's past.

We had great experiences with the BC CM's; everyone was friendly and accommodating. We called every morning to request early housekeeping before noon and we got it every day. The Marketplace was hectic as ever, and although I was surprised by the lack of offerings (where did the sandwiches go?) I was happy to see the make-your-own salad. And HOORAY I was able to get the wedge salad at the Crew's Cup which I ate twice! The YC market had great food and beverage selections and as a very early riser I loved the 6:00 am opening, but I don't know - something about it just seems blah to me....like it doesn't really belong there. It needs more stuff in it - like there's big open spaces in the middle.

I also did not find the parks overly crowded - we did rope drop most days, sat at the pool all afternoon and went back out at night. I have to say, I just love walking around the Epcot resort area at night, it is so beautiful and fun! We ate at California Grill, did the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK (loved this!), 'Ohana, Trader Sam's, Tutto Gusto, Chefs de France, Chef Mickey's, Be Our Guest, Yak and Yeti, and lots of other lounges around the property. Great experiences at all...

LOVED LOVED Pandora (you must go in both the day and at night) and Flight of Passage was by far the most unbelievable experience! It totally lives up to what everyone is saying about it. If you don't get a fast pass for it, figure out a way to ride!
Let me know if you have any questions! :goodvibes

We were in room 2579 in June - LOVED that room!

Ugh! Jealous! I think we are right across from you but unfortunately the water is 98% obscured by a tree. Still grateful though for a lovely room and immaculate housekeeping! In Epcot today and man it's hot! The heat hear bothered me more than usual on this trip and I refuse to blame age, but rather an unusually cool New England summer which didn't prepare us like usual. I even had a joke "spell" at The Studios the other night when admittedly I hadn't heard much water and all of a sudden or if nowhere, I got ridiculously tired and my breathing slowed way down and I needed to leave. 30 minutes after being back in our room with tons of water and some food, I felt 100% better!

In Epcot today and man it's hot! The heat hear bothered me more than usual on this trip and I refuse to blame age, but rather an unusually cool New England summer which didn't prepare us like usual. I even had a joke "spell" at The Studios the other night when admittedly I hadn't heard much water and all of a sudden or if nowhere, I got ridiculously tired and my breathing slowed way down and I needed to leave. 30 minutes after being back in our room with tons of water and some food, I felt 100% better!

Sorry that you incurred the wrath of Orlando's summer weather. The heat and humidity can really sneak up on you, especially if you are not well-hydrated.

I had an experience where being constantly on the move and probably slightly dehydrated caught up with me...rapid heart beat, slightly faint, and muscle soreness...all warning signs that need to be recognized. A/C and drinking lots of water can do wonders, when not feeling well under those circumstances! I'm glad you are feeling better.

Did you have a chance to stop over at Martha's Vineyard to look for your bartender friend?

We have decided to go see family and spend time in Myrtle Beach in 2018, BUT are already planning out trip to Disney in 2019!!!! Guess our last trip this year got him hooked:yay::yay::yay:

Sorry that you incurred the wrath of Orlando's summer weather. The heat and humidity can really sneak up on you, especially if you are not well-hydrated.

I had an experience where being constantly on the move and probably slightly dehydrated caught up with me...rapid heart beat, slightly faint, and muscle soreness...all warning signs that need to be recognized. A/C and drinking lots of water can do wonders, when not feeling well under those circumstances! I'm glad you are feeling better.

Did you have a chance to stop over at Martha's Vineyard to look for your bartender friend?

Yes and found she'd moved permanently to another bar on property. :-(

Only 8 more days to go.... how is this summer flying by?!

I still have a B&C reservation and much like a PP said I have no idea if I should keep it. On the one hand, F&W but on the other it is opening weekend so if its nuts we may not want as much time there as I assume. :scratchin We're doing it instead of a sit down dinner both Thursday & Friday next week so I'm not sure we will want a lunch that Saturday in addition. The ice cream might be really welcome in the heat...!

Yacht Club question regarding room renovations. If I book a Yacht Club Club level room, I am guaranteed a refurbished room? I cant seem to find on the thread if ALL club level rooms have been renovated there. TIA

Just got back. I posted in parks and strategies but I post here for the BC related things.

Minnie Vans are awesome. Upload Lyft app then go to Bell services to link the service so it comes up on your app as an option. You can use it anywhere to/from on resort property. The drop off and pick up for MK is bus gate 11. Especially nice to use to and from the water parks.

The front desk was a bit slow. Each time I had to go to it to do something there was a line with only 2 CM's working it. Thought it was strange and often frustrating.

SAB was awesome. Went almost every day. If there lifeguards walking around the lobby or halls, then SAB is closed for storms, just a hint. This only happened twice during our stay and closed for a short time.

Room 238 at BCV was fantastic. Pretty quiet except for the night was kid in the pool got rowdy and the father had to scream at him and grab him out of the pool. You could see some of MK HEA from our double wide balcony. Also only one working elevator so 2nd floor was nice, we often just took the stairs.

Cape May Cafe breakfast and dinner was delicious, I especially liked the summer salad with goat cheese, crab legs, the breakfast pancakes with bananas foster and the scrambled egg with peppers and goat chesse. Hurricane Hannah's was yummy for a QS, and had fun talking to the ducks. Went to Martha's Vineyard and wasn't even spoken to for 10 minutes or acknowledged so we walked out.
Overall a great stay and would stay here again in a heart beat if I could. Try me if you have any questions.

Yacht Club question regarding room renovations. If I book a Yacht Club Club level room, I am guaranteed a refurbished room? I cant seem to find on the thread if ALL club level rooms have been renovated there. TIA
YC is completely done with room renovations.

To clarify that means that ALL rooms in the entire resort have been fully renovated? or were only certain rooms on the block to get the renovation?

Have you ever thought of renting dvc points? You could stay in a villa at the Beach Club for the cost of a moderate sometimes even less.

I've looked into it a very little bit, but didn't go much further. There are 5 of us (4 adults) so would like to have 2 actual beds. The studios only have one bed. Also don't really feel 100% comfortable with it. I know most don't have issues, but just wouldn't want to take the chance on there being an issue with the reservation.

Hi- just bumping up my question from a few pages back, hoping to get an answer-
Single digits! I'll be arriving at Yacht Club in 9 days. My sister and I are bringing my daughter and my niece for a special Sweet Sixteen trip! The girls only get to see each other once or twice a year, so we are all incediby excited! Some extra excitement for me- I've stayed at YC and BC many times, but this will be my first time staying club level! I looked at a few floor plans, and it looks like the standard club level rooms are all centrally located, on the 5th floor. Is this correct? Also wondering if I can request a day bed. I'm assuming some standard CL rooms have them, and some don't, like the rest of YC? Thanks!

I'm also wondering about the lobby- I've read about the refurbs to the marketplace and restaurants, but I'm unclear on the lounge area- is there still a spot to get a glass of wine in the lobby in the evening? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter