Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Only 8 more days to go.... how is this summer flying by?!

I still have a B&C reservation and much like a PP said I have no idea if I should keep it. On the one hand, F&W but on the other it is opening weekend so if its nuts we may not want as much time there as I assume. :scratchin We're doing it instead of a sit down dinner both Thursday & Friday next week so I'm not sure we will want a lunch that Saturday in addition. The ice cream might be really welcome in the heat...!
We have been to Disney several times during both Food & Wine and Flower and Garden and find that we spend a lot less time doing the food booths then we originally planned. And it is nice to sit down and be waited on rather than jostle the crowds to et standing up. :)

The front desk was a bit slow. Each time I had to go to it to do something there was a line with only 2 CM's working it. Thought it was strange and often frustrating.
The front desk was terribly slow most of the time during our Fourth of July trip. One of the problems was that they have the front desk staff doing double duty, checking people in and acting as Concierge. On top of that they did not seem to add enough staff to handle the extra load. I hope they separate the check in and the Concierge back to two separate areas. It is just too inefficient when it is in the same area.

To view your resort reservation info, tap "My Plans," and the reservation you want to see. At the bottom, you will see different options, such as "View Charges," "Get Directions," etc.; just select the one you want. You can also check out Dining, Guest Services, Recreation, Shopping, Events, and more.

Under "My Plans," you also can check/select FPs, order food, and link dining and resort reservations.

You do not need to be onsite to access the new functionality.
I wonder if only people who booked packages can see the "view charges" option before their check in date. I can't see it, although we are still 62 days out.

The app update came right before I was ready to check out. Saved me a trip to the desk to review my room charges the day before. I think it's a great addition. My next suggestion for the app is to add the ability to monitor your room status for housekeeping. Every day it felt like a game of chance if our room would be cleaned before 2:30pm. Most days, at Yacht and the Poly, the answer was no. I've learned now I could have called to request early housekeeping. A lesson learned for next time.

Folio2.jpg

We just got back this morning from another amazing trip! We stayed the first 2 nights at GF before moving to BC for the remainder of our trip and we all agree that GF is lovely, but BC is our favorite ::yes::

We used Minnie Vans twice and loved the convenience. It's well worth the cost for us since we have 5 people 2 of which are in car seats.

I haven't seen it mentioned I don't think so I wanted to give an update on the cases of water in the marketplace; or rather lack of them. At both GF and BC they no longer have the large cases of Dasani for the relatively reasonable price of $6 and change. They've been replaced with an 8-pack for $3.99. They're still the small 12 oz size. A slightly better value than purchasing individual bottles in the park, but nowhere near as good a deal as before :sad2:

Sad to be back to reality but looking forward to next year!

BuzzyBelle talked about the water situation and I agree, no cases at BC. We used Amazon Prime Now. Bought (2) 24 count cases and some other items and there was no $5 fee on the BC side of the transaction. And Bell service can deliver to your room or you can pick it up. This wasn't in that weird time frame that you have to deal with for Garden Grocer. If you can do Amazon Prime Now I would suggest it.

We just got back this morning from another amazing trip! We stayed the first 2 nights at GF before moving to BC for the remainder of our trip and we all agree that GF is lovely, but BC is our favorite ::yes::

We used Minnie Vans twice and loved the convenience. It's well worth the cost for us since we have 5 people 2 of which are in car seats.

I haven't seen it mentioned I don't think so I wanted to give an update on the cases of water in the marketplace; or rather lack of them. At both GF and BC they no longer have the large cases of Dasani for the relatively reasonable price of $6 and change. They've been replaced with an 8-pack for $3.99. They're still the small 12 oz size. A slightly better value than purchasing individual bottles in the park, but nowhere near as good a deal as before :sad2:

Sad to be back to reality but looking forward to next year!

BuzzyBelle talked about the water situation and I agree, no cases at BC. We used Amazon Prime Now. Bought (2) 24 count cases and some other items and there was no $5 fee on the BC side of the transaction. And Bell service can deliver to your room or you can pick it up. This wasn't in that weird time frame that you have to deal with for Garden Grocer. If you can do Amazon Prime Now I would suggest it.

Thanks for that info! First time I have heard that the cases of water were not available and have been replaced by the 8-packs.

:sad2:

Hi- just bumping up my question from a few pages back, hoping to get an answer-

I'm also wondering about the lobby- I've read about the refurbs to the marketplace and restaurants, but I'm unclear on the lounge area- is there still a spot to get a glass of wine in the lobby in the evening? Thanks!

All the standard CL rooms are on the 5th floor.
Martha's Vineyard is not in the lobby but is open and you can have a glass of wine there, but why would you, there is plenty of "free" wine in the CL lounge. :rotfl2: If it's not out just ask and they will get it for you anytime. :goodvibes

Fast Pass Availability- booking Aug 25 for Oct 24 and later

Logged in at 7 am this morning.

Nothing available for Flights of Passage until Day 5 (evening) and Day 6 of trip.

We were able to book a night FP for Saturday Oct 28 and Sunday Oct 29.

That is all.

:goodvibes

Staying at BCV for the first time and VERY excited! My husband and I are staying in a studio villa. Love all the info and hype on this thread! Making us even more excited! Monday is FastPass day so will feel a lot better once that's done and hopefully get FOP!

We are here now. Got here on Tuesday and checking out on Sunday and then going to GF for 4 nights. We love the new YC rooms. They are very modern and we love the new bathrooms. We have no tub but love the new showers. We think a glass shower door is much more sanitary then gross shower curtains. We did ask for a fan which they brought up to us and we put it on low speed every night just to move the air and help with the noise in the morning with noisy inconsiderate guests. The first morning there was a woman talking so loud outside our door for a while. I am assuming she was on the phone. I opened the door because I was going to tell her how rude she was. She must of saw my face and said "Oh, sorry". She then started pushing her stroller. Not everyone gets up at 7am on vacation. I wish people would be more considerate. We love the YC and equally loved the BC last summer.

I'm really dumb for deciding NOW that I want to book Cape May breakfast on Thanksgiving Day :( *fingers crossed* that someone cancels.

That sounds like an awesome idea for Thanksgiving Day breakfast! I hope you get it!

Last year I had my heart set on Thanksgiving dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern and the DAY BEFORE I got it. It was at 9:00pm and my 8-year-old fell asleep with his face in the bread basket before the dinner even came out, but I was thrilled!

Fingers crossed for you!

I can't believe we are travelling and checking in tomorrow!! Come on laundry... I need to finish packing :) It's harder to pack this time of year, we wear the things we'll be taking. In winter I can pack all the summer clothes a week before the trip :) I am so excited to see Yacht Club. I really hope we get a balcony room. Check in was weird, I kept selecting upper floor and it kept removing it... I don't want to end up on the ground and probably should have called. Oh well! We'll see what happens I guess. So excited!!!!!

I can't believe we are travelling and checking in tomorrow!! Come on laundry... I need to finish packing :) It's harder to pack this time of year, we wear the things we'll be taking. In winter I can pack all the summer clothes a week before the trip :) I am so excited to see Yacht Club. I really hope we get a balcony room. Check in was weird, I kept selecting upper floor and it kept removing it... I don't want to end up on the ground and probably should have called. Oh well! We'll see what happens I guess. So excited!!!!!

The room request for online check-in has been acting weird lately. Some people haven't had the option to make any requests at all.

We are here now. Got here on Tuesday and checking out on Sunday and then going to GF for 4 nights. We love the new YC rooms. They are very modern and we love the new bathrooms. We have no tub but love the new showers. We think a glass shower door is much more sanitary then gross shower curtains. We did ask for a fan which they brought up to us and we put it on low speed every night just to move the air and help with the noise in the morning with noisy inconsiderate guests. The first morning there was a woman talking so loud outside our door for a while. I am assuming she was on the phone. I opened the door because I was going to tell her how rude she was. She must of saw my face and said "Oh, sorry". She then started pushing her stroller. Not everyone gets up at 7am on vacation. I wish people would be more considerate. We love the YC and equally loved the BC last summer.

I am so requesting a fan when we check it, glad to hear they gave you one. I cannot stand how darn quiet the YC rooms are lol.

The room request options changed again for the BC. They now are large balcony, highest floor, and upper floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter