Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are checking out tomorrow and moving to the GF for 4 nights. We have really enjoyed the YC and love the room and especially love the new bathroom/shower. Housekeeping has been hit or miss. Once they made the room but left no towels at all, another time we ran out of toilet paper and there wasn't another roll and today they did not come to service the room til 5:45pm. We were just leaving for dinner and when we came back the room was done but they left no toiletry items and they only left 2 regular coffee pods (I drink decaf). Each time we called down, they brought the items right up.

That is strange that they offer that. Only "Lagoon or Pool View" bookings are entitled to a water view. That's very misleading, if anyone can select "Water View."

That is what I thought as well. We are booked for Garden/Woods and originally requested ground floor. DH said he would prefer an upper floor so I went in to change it today and saw the water view option.

Sorry for the crappy picture, took a pic of my screen with my phone, lol:

2017-08-26 21.01.41.jpg

Fast Pass Availability- booking Aug 25 for Oct 24 and later

Logged in at 7 am this morning.

Nothing available for Flights of Passage until Day 5 (evening) and Day 6 of trip.

We were able to book a night FP for Saturday Oct 28 and Sunday Oct 29.

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!!! It's truly an amazing, exhilarating, thrilling, beautiful experience! It's one of the only attractions I wouldn't think twice about waiting in an hours long line to ride. You will be happy you have 2 Fastpasses for it!

We are checking out tomorrow and moving to the GF for 4 nights. We have really enjoyed the YC and love the room and especially love the new bathroom/shower. Housekeeping has been hit or miss. Once they made the room but left no towels at all, another time we ran out of toilet paper and there wasn't another roll and today they did not come to service the room til 5:45pm. We were just leaving for dinner and when we came back the room was done but they left no toiletry items and they only left 2 regular coffee pods (I drink decaf). Each time we called down, they brought the items right up.

I agree about the extremely inconsistent housekeeping at the Yacht Club. Last week, it was about 3:00pm every day before they came. One day, after going to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, we ventured to put the privacy sign out between 2:30 - 3:30 to shower and change for dinner. No housekeeping at all that day. Had to call down to get towels sent up. They didn't seem to care. You would think with the hallways full of housekeeping carts and all those trash bags of dirty towels, they would have a better handle on things. We stayed at CS in April, and could not have asked for better housekeeping. Towel animals, daily notes, extra towels left without asking.

I agree about the extremely inconsistent housekeeping at the Yacht Club. Last week, it was about 3:00pm every day before they came. One day, after going to Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, we ventured to put the privacy sign out between 2:30 - 3:30 to shower and change for dinner. No housekeeping at all that day. Had to call down to get towels sent up. They didn't seem to care. You would think with the hallways full of housekeeping carts and all those trash bags of dirty towels, they would have a better handle on things. We stayed at CS in April, and could not have asked for better housekeeping. Towel animals, daily notes, extra towels left without asking.

Yes, we have been here for 5 days and I don't think I saw the same mousekeeper twice. We stayed at BC last year and didn't have any problems with housekeeping.

That is what I thought as well. We are booked for Garden/Woods and originally requested ground floor. DH said he would prefer an upper floor so I went in to change it today and saw the water view option.

Sorry for the crappy picture, took a pic of my screen with my phone, lol:

View attachment 265034
This is very strange! I just tried to update my check in and from my computer the drop down wouldn't show anything but SELECT. From my phone, it shows what you see-water view? I'm also booked for a Garden/Woods view so it doesn't make any sense? There must be a glitch :(

There is a shortage of housekeepers at the resorts. There is a current signing bonus of $500. It's not an easy job.

Disney is testing giving guests credit for declining daily housekeeping, at some resorts, like other hotels offer. Fresh towels and amenities would still be delivered.

Just got back from our first stay at the YC, and it was amazing! We did a split stay (4 nights YC, 4 nights Poly). The new rooms in the YC were great. We were right off the elevator on the 3rd floor. Staff was very attentive and it was pretty low key in the lobby. Loved the bathroom and rainhead shower. I also liked how there was a door for the shower/toilet and another door for the sink area, so it was easier for 5 of us to have space to get dressed and ready. The Poly has always been our favorite, but after the YC, the rooms at the poly seemed a bit in need of a refurb. I felt like I slept so much better at the YC than the Poly too-beds were nicer and the a/c was better too- it kept turning on and off at poly. It was nice to have a gym on site too. Once we got to the Poly, I didn't feel like making the trek to the GF to go to the gym.
In the past, we have stated at BC, GF, CR as well and the YC is just as impressive, def the best Epcot resort we have stayed at. Just wanted to share my experience, for those heading the YC, you won't regret it!!!!

This is very strange! I just tried to update my check in and from my computer the drop down wouldn't show anything but SELECT. From my phone, it shows what you see-water view? I'm also booked for a Garden/Woods view so it doesn't make any sense? There must be a glitch :(

Yep, I think there's a glitch in the ability to make choices during online check-in. Some people aren't able to make any choices. Other people are only seeing choices which don't apply to their room. If you have a request, I suggest making it by phone (to 407-W-Disney if you booked by phone or online, to your travel agent if you booked that way, to DVC Member Services if you are staying on your own points, to the owner if you are renting DVC points.)

Hopefully this image posts but just read this online again about BC bus stop being moved. Wanted to check here to make sure this is indeed just another post of wrong info?

Attachments

• IMG_2086.PNG
    IMG_2086.PNG
    212.2 KB · Views: 68
Yep, I think there's a glitch in the ability to make choices during online check-in. Some people aren't able to make any choices. Other people are only seeing choices which don't apply to their room. If you have a request, I suggest making it by phone (to 407-W-Disney if you booked by phone or online, to your travel agent if you booked that way, to DVC Member Services if you are staying on your own points, to the owner if you are renting DVC points.)

It seems like if you're using Chrome the glitch is more prevalent. I tried in both Firefox and Chrome. It doesn't work in Chrome, but works in Firefox. Strange.

Thanks DisneyCAL.

Boo. I was hoping for some after park swimming but I guess not. Maybe mid day breaks, especially our MK day which is 9 am - 11 pm.
We did midday breaks and our last day we did most of the morning. With 100 degree days the middle of the day at SAB was perfection. You can always go from SAB until 10 then hop over to a quiet pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter