Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

IMG_2375.JPG Hi Dee, now that we're checked out, our room was 2632. Again, lovely stay, no complaints, housekeeping was perfect and room was pleasantly cool. I like the room downright frosty, but to give you an idea of the temperature, future DH slept with an extra blanket.
We also got to tour a newly renovated YC room and it was plenty cool in there too!

The only problem we had was that a kind friend sent us some wine and Mickey glasses and"Stuffie Grace" (my sister in law makes travel likenesses of pets from pictures) got to the wine before we could....

Page 997

Two tickers at once!! Never thought this would happen but we will be back in April to celebrate my Dad's 50th (plus tax or VAT if you're a fellow Brit) Birthday! We will be staying in Beach Club Villas and appreciating the proximity to Flower and Garden. Our 180 day falls on our first day home from our upcoming trip so that will help with any PDD! @natebenma please add us to Be Our Guest for 7th - 11th April 2018! Yay! Love the BCV!

Lovely complementing tickers!

I would be delighted to add you onto the list again.

:goodvibes

Hi everyone!!!! We arrive September 8 for an eight night stay at the Yacht Club!!! I can hardly wait. Does anyone know if the temporary gift shop is gone from the lobby now? Is the Marketplace quick service and merchandise location complete yet?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Ok, can someone please settle a bet for me? I swear that BC/YC used to have pool tables, with blue felt on them I believe. Last time I remember seeing them was Sept of 2012. Please tell me I'm correct, a weeks worth of washing dinner dishes hinges on it :rolleyes1

You win!!!

Here is a picture of the one that was up at the top of the gazebo thing near Hurricane Hanna's in Oct 2016. Far as I know, it is still there. Somewhere on this thread there are should be pictures of the pool table in the BCV gathering room.

October 2016:

Pool table Upper deck gazebo above Hurricane Hanna’s- you can usually find some available seating up there and today we found this as well. If you look at the second picture you can make out the shadowy figure and part of the pool table to the right of the windmill, under the triangular grey roof.

DSCF1259.jpg

DSCF1271.jpg

:thumbsup2

Page 998

I love it when someone says I'm right. (Often on the Dis people pop in to say I'm wrong.)

Right?!?

I know this might be personal preference but just need some opinions. We are staying 5 nights at YC starting next week and then 4 nights at GF. Myself and 3 children are going to parks and my husband is staying at resorts for relaxation and playing golf a few days, so he will not be entering the parks. I have sit down dinners every night. I have a few in DS but wondering if we should go more often since there seems to be a lot of good restaurants there now. Is it very time consuming to get from the YC and back to DS? I am just wondering if we go there for dinner, if I will be saying to myself, "we just should of eaten at Captain's Grille or somewhere else close by". Do the buses seem efficient to DS? We won't go on the weekends, have Yachtsman and Ohana's for those nights. Thanks

I'm not a fan!

I haven't been to Downtown Disney (was still that) in more than 4 years. Could even be 7. I can't remember if we last visited in 2010 or 2013.

We dislike the buses back to the resort from DTD/DS so much that when we are there, we take the resort boat to either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, then take a bus from there to EPCOT and walk back to the resort. It takes a lot longer, but is a more pleasant journey.

Your mileage may vary.

Note: EPCOT must be open, and you need admittance, so I guess that probably wouldn't work for your family.

:sad2:

View attachment 263356 Cheers everyone!

(Btw... This is no longer officially on the menu. They are happy to make it though!)

WHAT?!!

It has recently started popping up on pool bar menus all over Disney, so I thought it was back for good!

As you know, I carry my laminated recipe card when necessary!

:drinking1

Page 999

Please add us to the list. We will be at YC Nov 29- Dec 1 on the last leg of our epic triple split stay celebrating our 25th Anniversary!

Will do!

Where are your other 2 stays?

:cool1:

Just wanted to add that our DVC request came in for BC Villas so if we're not already added for April, please add us. Woohoo!

I'm pretty sure you are there, but I will change the listing from temporary virtual ink to a permanent variety.

:thumbsup2

whats the current state of the yacht club? is the store still in the lobby? has captains grill reopened?

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip scheduled?

As far as I know, the room renovations have been completed. As of a couple of weeks ago, most, but not all the rooms were back in circulation.

Store is no longer in the lobby.

I have heard Captain's Grille is opening with a new name, The Ale & Compass in October.

Page 998

I'm not a fan!

I haven't been to Downtown Disney (was still that) in more than 4 years. Could even be 7. I can't remember if we last visited in 2010 or 2013.

Totally agree with you, Dee. Unless you have a specific favorite restaurant there, I see no reason to make the effort to go. It used to be that visiting the big Disney Store was an automatic part of each trip - but now, all the merch that is there can be found in almost any of the park or resorts shops (or the Disney Shop Parks app). For us, (who hail from the Twin City area in MN) it's about the equivalent of visiting the Mall of America, which is a "few and far between" type of thing.

I will say, if they do the drone show again at Christmas, that is definitely worth seeing, and last year, while there for the drone show, we also did the Characters in Flight balloon attraction (I think they have renamed it now...) and that was really worth the time and money! But I wouldn't make the trip for just that.

We dislike the buses back to the resort from DTD/DS so much that when we are there, we take the resort boat to either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, then take a bus from there to EPCOT and walk back to the resort. It takes a lot longer, but is a more pleasant journey.
The Disney Springs bus is no longer the horror that it used to be four years ago. I guess Disney got the message that people were avoiding DS because the bus rides were more than an hour long. They now have a DS bus that only shares with YC and BC. The ride is a more reasonable 20 minutes. They no longer include stops at BWI, S/D and Typhoon Lagoon. And the bus depot at DS is well laid out. All the buses drop off at the entrance to the bus depot and then proceed to their designated pick up zone.

The Disney Springs bus is no longer the horror that it used to be four years ago. I guess Disney got the message that people were avoiding DS because the bus rides were more than an hour long. They now have a DS bus that only shares with YC and BC. The ride is a more reasonable 20 minutes. They no longer include stops at BWI, S/D and Typhoon Lagoon. And the bus depot at DS is well laid out. All the buses drop off at the entrance to the bus depot and then proceed to their designated pick up zone.

As with all things Disney though--bus timing is hit or miss. We waited maybe 10 minutes to catch a bus to DS one morning in May. After lunch, however, we waited a full 45 minutes for a bus to get us back to BC. The construction out that way could play a role in the wait times.

Ok....I've read so much, I can't remember all of it. Does anyone have any current info on the Yacht Club Deluxe/Club level rooms? Based on what I've read, there are only 2 rooms in this category...one on the 3rd floor, one on the 4th floor? Touring plans doesn't even show this as a category. I have been cruising MDE for next December and kept seeing this category booked up. Surprisingly, today it showed available! So I booked it...but now I'm curious as to what exactly I booked. Can anyone enlighten me as to what/where these rooms are all about? TYIA.

Are there any Thanksgiving week veterans in this group. We are going that week for the first time and staying at the YC for the first time, too. I'm curious whether to book FP+ in late morning early afternoon to be able to get a 4th one, or is the likelihood of getting another not really there and we should book late afternoon ones when it is super crowded? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

We will be at AKL Nov 21-25 and WL Nov 25-29. SO excited!

But the highlight of the trip will definitely be meeting a donkey at YC! :rotfl:

Good thing you are still within the 60 day window, because I think the fast passes to visit the donkey are going to be hotter than Flights of Passage.

This is, of course, subject to cancelling Eeyore's exclusivity clause.

Stay tuned!

:eeyore:

Ok....I've read so much, I can't remember all of it. Does anyone have any current info on the Yacht Club Deluxe/Club level rooms? Based on what I've read, there are only 2 rooms in this category...one on the 3rd floor, one on the 4th floor? Touring plans doesn't even show this as a category. I have been cruising MDE for next December and kept seeing this category booked up. Surprisingly, today it showed available! So I booked it...but now I'm curious as to what exactly I booked. Can anyone enlighten me as to what/where these rooms are all about? TYIA.

YC Deluxe rooms are just like the BC ones more space , you still get full club access even thought he room may be on a different level, we had the pleasure of getting bumped up to one of these rooms last year now this year we booked the same room we were room 4557 , this is what the bigger rooms look like https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...esidential-rooms.2872514/page-7#post-57838991

YC Deluxe rooms are just like the BC ones more space , you still get full club access even thought he room may be on a different level, we had the pleasure of getting bumped up to one of these rooms last year now this year we booked the same room we were room 4557 , this is what the bigger rooms look like https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...esidential-rooms.2872514/page-7#post-57838991

Thank you! 4557 is a nice room and what a balcony! Wonder why YC only has 2 of these rooms...hopefully they have a full balcony, v.s. a Juliette.

Yep, I think there's a glitch in the ability to make choices during online check-in. Some people aren't able to make any choices. Other people are only seeing choices which don't apply to their room. If you have a request, I suggest making it by phone (to 407-W-Disney if you booked by phone or online, to your travel agent if you booked that way, to DVC Member Services if you are staying on your own points, to the owner if you are renting DVC points.)
Have you tried using the website on a desk top computer? DH did this for us and managed to amend it that way, it refused to do it from the MDE on either the tablet or the phones. Strange how that happens, definitely not very guest friendly. Hey at least for us it worked.

Have you tried using the website on a desk top computer? DH did this for us and managed to amend it that way, it refused to do it from the MDE on either the tablet or the phones. Strange how that happens, definitely not very guest friendly. Hey at least for us it worked.

I was doing online on my desktop computer, not tablet or phone, when it wouldn't let me make any requests. I didn't care because I didn't want to make any requests, but I thought it odd that it said that it already had my requests registered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter