Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

"Just" 16 pages to catch up on!

Here is one picture from my family's Alaska cruise. This is Mendenhall Glacier/Nugget Falls in Juneau Alaska.

I'll be back at some point today- dropping the boy off at UNH for his sophomore year.

paw:

I loved Alaska!! we had a fantastic cruise!!

We did midday breaks and our last day we did most of the morning. With 100 degree days the middle of the day at SAB was perfection. You can always go from SAB until 10 then hop over to a quiet pool.

I did read somewhere that the quiet pools were open later. That's an option since it's just DH & I. Thanks again!

Hopefully this image posts but just read this online again about BC bus stop being moved. Wanted to check here to make sure this is indeed just another post of wrong info?

Just out of curiosity, where are you finding the incorrect info about the BC bus stop? People post this incorrect information periodically, and I was wondering where they are seeing it.

Just out of curiosity, where are you finding the incorrect info about the BC bus stop? People post this incorrect information periodically, and I was wondering where they are seeing it.
The bottom of the article that they posted said Chip & Co's. - whoever they are :confused3

It's actually on this board. Scroll down to Beach Club. I question the accuracy of the updates but the page does say it was updated as of 8/20/17. The only thing that I can think of that may lend some credibility to the bus stop closure is that the convention center expansion is encroaching on the access for entering the existing bus stop at the beach club. The bus stop itself has just been recently renovated so that's not what's causing the "possible relocation". Looks like we need some live reports!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

Page 992-994

I'll update the Be Our Guest List through Page 994 and then plug away a bit more tomorrow.

Dee, I'll be back at YC CL LV Oct. 12-15 for my 60th birthday! Going to try Victoria & Albert"s for the first time plus Food & Wine!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Sounds like a fantastic way to welcome in 60!

party:

In case you need it, here's the number for Disney tech support: 407-939-7765

It wouldn't let me customize my Magic Band until I called tech support and had them fix it.
(No, I'm not staying at Yacht or Beach Club. I made a last-minute DVC reservation so of course BCV was not available.)

I don't think I have this number listed on Page 1 with other helpful numbers. I'll check and add it if I don't have it. I had to call in May when I was setting up fast passes for the class trip of around 150 people. There was a glitch with one of the tickets- I could see it in MDE but it wouldn't register as being linked so I couldn't make FP for her.

When I called and explained how I had set up the 10 groups with methodical names and I explained the problem, the CM said "I can tell you know what you are talking about"
She was extremely helpful- someone else had to fix the problem which would take an hour or so, but she said to go ahead and make FP for the rest of the group of like 20 people and they would add a FP to match for that student. And they did!

:goodvibes

And mine is the 26th! (#50!) Will be at BC of course.

I don't have you on the list for August. Just a few more days left, but I'll add you to the list.

Does anyone have a picture of the refurbished rooms at Yacht Club with the sleeper sofa down/out? Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!!!

Do you have an upcoming stay booked?

Not sure if you have subsequently received an answer to your question- hope so because I would like to add it to the pictures I have on Page 1.

::yes::

I'm sure it's been answered before but I can't seem to find it, do the mini fridges in the updated YC rooms have any type of freezer?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

:cool1:

Just returned from 9 days at the BC. We received a very unexpected upgrade to the most wonderful 2 bedroom suite on the ground floor.
We were not CL and had only reserved a standard view room. We had turn down service every night. Without exception.

:welcome: to the thread!

WOW!!!

That is fantastic?

Any chance you have pictures to share?

This thread is for pictures/info about Deluxe Rooms and Suites and we don't have much representation for the 2BR Suites

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

:cool2:

The sign says 11:00 PM, but nobody monitors the Quiet Pools. Guests have been known to be there past 11:00 PM, and usually it's not a problem, if they are not disturbing anyone.

Do you know if that is still the case since the quiet pools have been fenced off? I would assume that the magic band technology could be programmed to prevent entrance to the pools after hours if they wanted to. But then that would restrict access to the laundry rooms there, right?

It has been an incredibly hard weekend, complete with a migraine and the air conditioner going out in my car, but we are only 6 days from Disney and 7 from YC! Now I have the daunting task of packing for my husband (who is helpless), myself (who is indesivice) and our 3 year old (who thinks he needs everything)!

Do you know if that is still the case since the quiet pools have been fenced off? I would assume that the magic band technology could be programmed to prevent entrance to the pools after hours if they wanted to. But then that would restrict access to the laundry rooms there, right?

I don't believe the gates to the Quiet Pools have MagicBand technology - just plain old keyed locks.

Page 995

Hey friends- I have a split stay coming up in November, first time staying at YC AND BWI. We have stayed BC many times and I'm excited to try out YC but I'd like to be closer to the BC side to be a closer walk to Epcot. What would be my request for room location? Close to lobby?? I don't care much about view or balcony, I'm just happy looking out at anything Disney!! Any info would really be great, Thanks!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As I'm sure others have mentioned, you are correct. "Close to lobby, please" is the best request to be closer to the BC. If the weather is decent, it will be a quicker walk to EPCOT by going outside from the YC lobby and walking the path alongside the lake, than going through the interior hallways.

Here now! I'm in a queen/queen room (I booked a King tho o_O) and there is a daybed. Sleeps one, of course, but here it is:

just wanted to say, wow these refurbished rooms are great! I've never been in the old rooms for comparison though :tilt: Love the hard floors and the curtains, and the waterfall showerhead! The beds are super comfortable! I can't hear anyone walking above me, though I can hear faint noises like dropping things on the floor or forceful(?) cabinets/doors closing. No big deal. I hear more noise from the hallway, and even so, I slept from 7:30 PM to 8:45 this morning :teeth: redeye and sleep deprivation this week may have had a hand in that!

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for this picture!!! I have added it to my collection and will be posting it on Page 1 with the daybed info.

Also appreciate your comments about the room.

All checked in! Check-in was like lightning, room was ready, lovely room on second floor with two queen beds, daybed and full balcony. It has a lovely garden view and a little peek of water. The room is also frosty and has the full curtain pull instead of the Roman shades...Big bonus for us! I'll attach a few pics.... Perfect home for the next ten nights!

Thanks for the pictures- can you provide the room number if you have not already? I'll add these to the room view/description thread.

I understand that the Captain's Grille will be operating in the temporary location till fall, 2017. It is currently not possible to make an online ADR for lunch or dinner at either the Captain's Grille or its new name, Ale & Compass, after the end of September; only breakfast is bookable from Oct-Dec 2017. After that, it shows no availability, at all. The Ale & Compass name is not yet listed for ADRs.

I have heard through the grapevine, from a couple of different sources, that the Ale & Compass restaurant (formerly Captain's Grille) would be open on October 15. I haven't heard if it will just be breakfast open in early October with the lunch/dinner opening mid-month.

:listen:

Now that they are removing the carpets from the rooms it would be easy to sneak a donkey in there, so storing them until needed would be very easy. We would just have to watch out for housekeeping but now that they hardly ever come around it should be easy to keep the donkey in your room. Just to be safe we should probably get the donkey a cute outfit to wear. That seems to be a requirement with service animals. They look very cute in hats... see for yourself!

~NM

PS. I know that Dee has access to an actual donkey so that part of the plan is covered. Note to Dee: Buy Roger the donkey a ticket on Southwest and bring him on our trip so we can test this out...

Note to self: Add donkey stalls and recycling bins to Fantasy Closet Suite...

I already responded to this, but now reading it again, I need to give a couple of pieces of advice.

Just because you CAN sneak a donkey into the new YC rooms, it doesn't mean you SHOULD! I give this as a true-life warning. The rescue farm where I work received a days-old baby goat because a college student thought it was a good idea to keep it in his dorm room.

Gratuitous pictures Sky and me:

Also, yes, I do have access to a donkey. Neither he, nor the pigs, fly. When and if the pigs ever do fly, there are a lot of interesting things that will happen...

:upsidedow

Last edited:
Page 996

I'm in but I won't be at YC until late November. Can you please find a place to store Duber until then?

ETA: Can't see the pictures.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

I fixed the pix,
AND
We could have a sign up thread for the Donkey and cart on the Dis Boards like they had for the refrigerators at the Value resorts. How much do you think we would have to tip Bell Services when they would bring the Donkey around? I'm thinking 5 bucks a hoof...

~NM

You weren't around here then, but for awhile, we had a pool noodle swap. We left a group of voluptuous noodles at Bell Services and had a signup list where they were handed off from family to family with a small tip to Bell Services at pickup.

It was quite impressive how long it lasted- and the noodles had real colorful and flexible personalities. You can read all about them on Page 1- one of the later posts, Post 17 or 18 I think.

;)

I just switched to the Yacht Club from Boardwalk for my upcoming trip in October!! I'm so excited, it's one of 4 Disney hotels I've never stayed at, but I have stayed at the Beach Club. I'm really excited to look at all the photos of the refurbished rooms. How is the walk to Epcot from YC? Is it comparable to the walk from the Boardwalk? What about Hollywood Studios? I'm sure someone has asked this, but I'm just so excited and can't wait to talk to the YC experts!

Also, does anyone have any photos specifically of the new curtains? I KNOW I've seen them somewhere and I can't seem to find any right now

I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

I think others have answered- similar walks to EP and HS from the YC as compared to BW

I'll poke around for a curtain picture to post.

curtain.jpg

Curtain.jpg

My daughter legit hates sand (Hoping this changes sometime?!?!). But I'm wondering if it's not worth staying at the beach club due to the sand at the pool.

Is the whole bottom sand? I love the location and theming but thinking maybe wait a while in hopes she grows out of her sand issue? She is 3.

:welcome: to the thread!

Let us know if you end up booking a trip here soon or in the future.

As others have stated, there are pool options that do not include sand, including quite a bit of Stormalong Bay, the deeper parts though.

I wanted to add some encouragement to you. My oldest son had some sensory issues, with textures and sounds, probably ages 3 to 5 or 6. Did not like to go barefoot in the grass, wouldn't fingerpaint, had to cut all the tags out of his shirts. He did outgrow these issues gradually.

Are we still keeping track of the configurations of the new YC rooms? Just stayed in 3036 and it had 2 queen beds and a bathtub. I did miss the ceiling fan, but think the new rooms are just beautiful! (And beds are a bit high for those of us who are directionally challenged!!)

I am keeping track when people report back. Not sure what I will do with the info or when, but it is good to have.

:thanks:

Last edited:
So I get easily confused........Now you're taking a goat?

Page 995.

Just because you CAN sneak a donkey into the new YC rooms, it doesn't mean you SHOULD! I give this as a true-life warning. The rescue farm where I work received a days-old baby goat because a college student thought it was a good idea to keep it in his dorm room.

Gratuitous pictures Sky and me:

Also, yes, I do have access to a donkey. Neither he, nor the pigs, fly. When and if the pigs ever do fly, there are a lot of interesting things that will happen...

:upsidedow

We arrived yesterday and love yacht club so far! Our room was ready. 4th floor. Tried to swim but storm closed the pool. We headed to magic kingdom instead and has an awesome time. Room is great. Wish there was regular coffee and not just decaf. And also that kiddonwould quit spilling OJ everywhere we go.

We arrived yesterday and love yacht club so far! Our room was ready. 4th floor. Tried to swim but storm closed the pool. We headed to magic kingdom instead and has an awesome time. Room is great. Wish there was regular coffee and not just decaf. And also that kiddonwould quit spilling OJ everywhere we go.

There should be regular coffee too- call housekeeping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter