Do people actually enjoy these attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase

Tiki is okay and sentimental

Country bears, I have not been in ages but find it sentimental

Hall of presidents--not sentimental. We might go for s break or if I am feeling educational

Captain EO--suffered in the 80s with it. No way would I torture my kids with it. (And I thought it was going away again.)

Journey--not sentimental. Kids find it okay. I suffer through it when we need to ride something. But we often skip.

Ellen's is okay. Very very long. I find the cheesy dialogue funny, it is educational, and a nice break. But due to it being a time suck, we skip.

Living with the land--liked it better with the tour guides. I do enjoy the ride.

Circle of life--have no desire to see this again. It's meh.

Movies in world showcase are educational. But most if not all are standing which frustrated my kids. The movies are also dated. We haven't watched on a while.

Tiki room Yup, absolutely love it, AND it is DD21's favorite attraction in MK
Country Bears Personally, yes, I love the country bears. DS12 not so much hahaha
Hall of Presidents One of my favorite attractions in MK, no kidding.
Carousel of Progress LOVE IT . . . There's a great big beautiful tomorrow :)
Captain EO I enjoyed EO, though it was outdated. It is gone now, so you don't need to worry about that one.
Journey with Figment I like Figment, more for the nostalgia . . . as I remember the original version which, in my opinion, was a TON better. DD21, and DS12 both like this too.
Ellen's Energy It is a nice show, and more importantly, a 40 minute break from the heat :)
Living with the Land Yup, love this one
Circle of Life We don't do this every time. It's not a bad movie, if you have extra time it keeps you out of the heat for a while.
movies in the World showcase I would say see them once if you have the time. They are nice, but many require you to stand while watching, and they aren't THAT compelling.

I noticed that these are all indoors. Might be something to keep on the list for rainy day visits.

I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life

People do enjoy everything at WDW. For every attraction there's somebody who says "that's my favorite"....except maybe Stitch. For example my kids LOVED Country Bears when they were preschool age.

I think the best thing that can be said for these attractions are they have no waits and they get you out of heat or rain. So on a broiling summer afternoon or during a downpour they're great things to do for a break.

Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life

Just got back, so...

Love the Tiki Room. Prefer the set up at DL and the ability to take a snack in with you, but the birds still sing words and the flowers croon.

I was so happy to see the Country Bears after years of missing them. No, they're not super great but as a nostalgia point for those of us who lost them at our home park years ago... nice.

Did not manage Hall of Presidents but look forward to it.

Carousel of Progress was a fun way to get out of the rain. Every trip? No, probably not, but we did enjoy it.

I managed to avoid Captain EO for the entire time it existed. I am proud of that.

I FELL IN LOVE with Figment! He was brand new for me and he was so wonderful! I will ride that every single time I am in Florida.

We did not have 45 minutes to devote to Ellen.

Both Living with the Land and Circle of Life amused the 5 year old but were unexciting for the adults.

We loved O Canada. We enjoyed The American Experience. We didn't see the others but intend to next time.

For our family

Tiki room NO
Country Bears NO
Hall of Presidents Not even if it was the only thing operating
Carousel of Progress LOVE IT
Captain EO NO
Journey with Figment Yes
Ellen's Energy NO
Living with the Land LOVE IT
Circle of Life NO
movies in the World showcase NO

Tiki room - I've done it once, I'd do I again but not every trip
Country Bears - never done it, not interested
Hall of Presidents - never done it but would try it, we've done the Mr. Lincoln exhibit at DL and I think they are similar
Carousel of Progress - done it once, cute, will do it again
Captain EO - never tried it, indifferent
Journey with Figment - never tried it, maybe someday
Ellen's Energy - tried it once, would like to take ODS on it because he loved dinosaurs, otherwise not something I would make a point to do
Living with the Land - LOVE IT!!!
Circle of Life - tried it once and that was enough
movies in the World showcase - something I've always wanted to try, but never have

Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life

Haven't done the Country Bears, Circle of Life, the movies, Ellen's Energy Adventure, or Captain EO (which I think is closed now anyway).

I enjoyed the Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, Journey with Figment (actually my first ever ride at disney), and Living With the Land. I took a nap in Hall of Presidents though because it was so nice to be somewhere air conditoned and I was tired. So while it wasn't the most enjoyable it served a purpose.

My caveat to all of those is that I won't wait in a long line for them. That said:

Tiki room - corny but fun; we visit almost every trip
Country Bears - more corniness, but try to do it every few trips
Hall of Presidents - interesting the first time and when a new pres is added. Great air conditioned nap break midday, though.
Carousel of Progress - love this!
Captain EO - blech
Journey with Figment - loved it when the kids were small. We skip it now.
Ellen's Energy - great the first time you do it. After that, another wonderful air conditioned nap break.
Living with the Land - Interesting. We do it every time if there's not a line.
Circle of Life - OK the first time; wouldn't do it again, wouldn't prioritize it.
movies in the World showcase - if you have time. They're sort of interesting the first time, but probably won't hold the interest of small kids.

Tiki room- never been
Country bears- I get a chuckle out of this
Hall of presidents- first time a few weeks ago, pleasantly surprised
Carousel of progress-LOVE
Captain EO- never
Journey with figment-never
Ellen's energy-never
Dinosaur-first time Jan 9, it was ok
Living the land-ok
Circle of life-never
Movies in WS-never

Many on your list we do not do because they were around back in the 90's when I first went to Disney World.Some people will sit and stare at the same stuff over and over....I am sentimental when I look at the kids photos and things like that but going on vacation I want new,fun, exciting. I guess if I am sentimental about Disney its remembering how cool that stuff was to see it for the first time....not to relive it over and over on every vacation. I think the Haunted Mansion and a few others are the same as they were 25 years ago. That is way way too long...time for some change.

Love dinosaur.

Tiki room and country bears are classics. I appreciate them for that.

Imo all of the rest save for Hall of Presdients and the movies in Word Showcase (well some of them) are attractions they need updating. There is potential for them to be good or great but they're all kind of meh for me now.

I'd add spaceship earth to the list of needs an update too.

I enjoy some of these more than others. We hold APs, but my guess is that we do all of them at least once every year. The ones with a star, we do much more often.

Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO..now Pixar shorts...*
Journey with Figment*
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land* (I agree with an above post, it's a Must Do!
Circle of Life*
movies in the World showcase..France for sure*

Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room - It isn't a must do, but I like to go in there every few trips.
Country Bears- My kids LOVE the country bears as do I. Yes, it is corny but also a fun classic.
Hall of Presidents- I only do this when we get a New President- once every 4-8 years.
Carousel of Progress- LOVE COP. It is also a classic.
Captain EO- It is gone now, but no I didn't care for this.
Journey with Figment- My kids love this ride so we do it.
Ellen's Energy- No, too long.
Living with the Land- This used to be better but isn't bad.
Circle of Life- No, once was enough.
- The Canada movie is really good...the others are ok....we do them all every few trips. With little kids, it is hard to keep them interested with these.

Tiki room - eh. Have only been 1 - 2 in my 20+ trips.
Country Bears - went for the first time on my last trip and loved it!
Hall of Presidents - one of my older son's faves
Carousel of Progress - my husband's fave attraction in all of WDW
Captain EO - liked it
Journey with Figment - we all enjoy it!
Ellen's Energy - the movie part bores me but it is nice to sit and cool off. The dino part is pretty cool
Living with the Land - MY favorite attraction in all of WDW
Circle of Life - nice way to get off my feet for a while
movies in the World showcase - LOVE!!!!

These are always fun to do...

Tiki room - It's not a must-do, but I've done it more than once. We did it on our last trip to get out of the heat. I'm not sure if we'd do it this year unless we just need another break.

Country Bears
- ALWAYS. I hadn't done it in quite a few trips and insisted my bf and I do it this time around. We laughed the entire time because of it's ridiculousness (in a good way). It's basically a new tradition.

Hall of Presidents - I've done this twice in all my trips, including the most recent trip. It's good for a sit and an air condition, but I wouldn't ~plan~ on it.

Carousel of Progress - Always skipped. Not sure why? Maybe because if I need air conditioning in that area I'd rather ride Buzz Lightyear again.

Captain EO - I've never been there when it's been around, expect maybe the last trip. Didn't do it, though we did do Honey I Shrunk the Audience every trip.

Journey with Figment - I've done this once... maybe 2009? I never go in that area much in Epcot so it'll probably never be done.

Ellen's Energy - Also only done once back in 2006. Too long.

Living with the Land - Did it for the first time in 2009 and hit again in 2015. Will probably always do it, just because it's nice and relaxing and easy to hit before/after Soarin'.

Circle of Life - Skip!

movies in the World showcase - I've only seen France a while ago. I never want to take the time to do these...

Tiki room--every couple of visits
Country Bears--I admit I haven't visited this attraction since I was a kid
Hall of Presidents--this is a must see. Should be for everyone, IMHO. No matter who the new animatronic represents.
Carousel of Progress--every couple of visits for nostalgia
Captain EO--haven't been to WDW while this is running
Journey with Figment--mildly enjoyable. I'm in the camp that remembers the greatness this attraction once held.
Ellen's Energy--REALLY needs an update
Living with the Land--we love this. We garden a lot so it holds special interest for us.
Circle of Life--viewed this once not long after it opened. Good message. Worth a viewing if you've never seen it.
movies in the World showcase--France is great. Enjoyed the update at Canada on our last visit. Haven't seen the China film in a long time.

My son can't control his body temperature, so many of these are must do's to escape the heat.

Tiki room - We all enjoy this. Though when he was younger the Thunder scared him.

Country Bears - nothing scary here! Some good old animatronics and knee slapping music.

Hall of Presidents - Great mini-history lesson. You can see the seal in the carpet, and items of history in the display case.

Carousel of Progress - one of the first animatronic attractions which made its first appearance at the World's Fair in 1964.

Captain EO - no longer there. It's Pixar shorts now.

Journey with Figment - Cute attraction. Not as good as the original version, but still cute.

Ellen's Energy - nice long attraction to get out of the heat and rest your feet.

Living with the Land - nice and relaxing boat ride. I can take it or leave it. My husband's into growing vegetables so it's a not miss for him.

Circle of Life - Lion King fans shouldn't miss it. A nice place to get off your feet and relax. My son loves this one. I see it as nap time.

movies in the World showcase - must stand for all but France. We usually skip.

Captain EO is no longer at Epcot. Skip the Circle of Life, needs an update and aside from that, our family loves all the others. We save everything on your list for the middle of the day when the crowd levels are the largest and when we are not using our FP. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter