Do people actually enjoy these attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiki room - We usually go every trip -- for some reason, it's my dad's favorite, and to him, it's just classic Disney.

Country Bears - I have to say we always skip this one -- we're not big country music fans so we normally skip out on this.

Hall of Presidents - We are kind of history buffs in my family, and a lot of times we take it as a break to enjoy some A/C, some of us to take a nap, and other just to enjoy the show

Carousel of Progress - This is truly classic Disney for me, being that it was Walt Disney's own creation. I absolutely LOVE this and never ever miss it. We actually sing "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow" the night before we leave, every time.

Captain EO - okay, hated it.... like. a lot. Saw it once and have never returned. Glad it's gone.

Journey with Figment - Ugh. Really hate the new Figment and wish the old version was still around! We skipped it for a long time, but now that we have kids under 7 in our group, they think it's fun.

Ellen's Energy - Fantastic place to go enjoy some time off your feet especially if you need to feed an infant or get a little one to take a nap.

Living with the Land - Relaxing and in the same boat (get it? lol) as Circle of Life.

Circle of Life - Will do if we have time, enjoy it or take a nap.

movies in the World showcase - I love watching the movies -- again, they're not must see, but they give some reprieve from the heat and we enjoy them

Really I would do them all at least once but my
preferences are:

Tiki room: Didn't really care for
Country Bears: Did it once, wouldn't again
Hall of Presidents: No, didn't really like it.
Carousel of Progress: Like this but wouldn't be sad if I missed it.
Captain EO: Do not care for
Journey with Figment: Yes
Ellen's Energy: Yes, but would skip it if time was short.
Living with the Land: Really love this one. Wouldn't miss.
Circle of Life: I try to see this. Mostly b/c I like the theme.
Movies: in the World showcase No

I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room It was ok, not one we do every trip
Country Bears We really do like this one, my DD12 doesn't get some of the jokes though, but it is still fun
Hall of Presidents Could take it or leave it
Carousel of Progress Love, Love, Love it!!!!!
Captain EO No need to worry about this one because it is "OUTTA HERE!!"
Journey with Figment Not the same as the original but one we always go on (DD12 loves Figment)
Ellen's Energy It's ok, great place to cool down and if you want to, take a nap in
Living with the Land We always found this interesting, we do like to ride it every other trip or so
Circle of Life Did this once with both of my DDs, and once was enough for us
movies in the World showcase Favorite movie is American Adventure, but we do like to check out all of the different pavilions because they are so interesting and a nice way to relax and unwind.

Hope this helps.

Tiki room ABOLUTELY! The kids love it. It will be a nice rest for you.
Country Bears I'd pass.
Hall of Presidents Worth checking out once
Carousel of Progress - Oddly, my son's favorite ride from our last trip. He was 7
Captain EO - No.
Journey with Figment - cute , but not essential.
Ellen's Energy - never managed to make it but it is on my definite list this trip.
Living with the Land Yes!
Circle of Life Pass unless you really need a break.
movies in the World showcase - have not tried with my kids yet. May pick one to try this time. [/QUOTE]

Tiki room... Must do for our group - and so happy to see Iago go! Kids love it, always a seat. Good Place to rest for a few.
Country Bears... Fun, but not a necessity every year,
Hall of Presidents.. Our group passes on this one.
Carousel of Progress... I love it, but haven't done it with the kids yet... don't think it would hold their attention.
Captain EO... No thanks.
Journey with Figment.. YES YES YES! While we miss the original, we will take what Figment we can get. Kids still sing this song :)
Ellen's Energy... Like it, haven't don't it in several years.
Living with the Land... Yes, but not a necessity.
Circle of Life... Haven't done it in so many years.
movies in the World old showcase... We like them, but haven't done them with the kids.

Sorry, that was me booing William Henry Harrison... stupid twit couldn't even bother to wear a scarf at his inauguration... ;)

This makes me laugh every time I read it:rotfl2: My stepdad, who is a big US history buff, would be rolling in the floor dying.

Tiki room: I love this! It's classic Disney and I'll always try to work this into my MK touring plan around mid-day when I need a little break. I think kids would like this too.
Country Bears: Not on every trip, but if it's raining or you need a break this has some nostalgic charm.
Hall of Presidents: Haven't seen this since I was a kid. I would try to catch this on a future trip if I needed to escape heat or rain, but I'm not in a huge hurry tbh.
Carousel of Progress: Worth experiencing at least once for its history, but not every trip for me. Every few years, or when in need of a break from rain, heat, walking/standing.
Captain EO: I remember being scared of this as a kid. Haven't seen it since, but looking forward to the Pixar shorts!
Journey with Figment: The original attraction was probably my all-time favorite WDW attraction ever. So I have mixed feelings about it in its current form, but I still like seeing Figment, and I'll ride it every time I'm in Epcot as long as there's no wait.
Ellen's Energy: Only if you have time to kill. Feels long.
Living with the Land: Yes, I like this.
Circle of Life: I've never seen this but I'd be willing to try it once! Love TLK!
Epcot Movies: Haven't seen most since I was a kid, but I do love the American Adventure show.

Figment ride was hilarious.... And even funnier watching DHs face.

But seriously, our kids loved it and rode it twice.

Tiki room- If they close this, I might never go to WDW again
Country Bears- I hate to agree with you on this one
Hall of Presidents- There are still people (like me) that still love this. It is not popular with the younger guests though
Carousel of Progress- :sad2: This is a WED classic. If they close this, I might never go to WDW again
Captain EO- They closed it
Journey with Figment- PLEASE CLOSE THIS AND REOPEN THE ORIGINAL
Ellen's Energy- Not so popular, but still very good
Living with the Land- This is still very popular. At least 30 min wait every time I check
Circle of Life- Yeah, this could be replaced
movies in the World showcase- Some of these are getting a little outdated, some could be kept

Living with the land is one of my kids favorite rides. It is also my favorite! If you ever get the chance the Behind the seeds your was very interesting!

Tiki room -- confession: never been. I meant to at DLR but ran out of time with the kids in tow. Hoping to check it out this round.
Country Bears -- could take it or leave it honestly. It's cute and a good rest. Kids might dig it.
Hall of Presidents -- great for a nap. It seemed like punishment as a teen.
Carousel of Progress -- love this! I will force the whole family onto this thing!
Captain EO -- never saw it.
Journey with Figment -- haven't seen the new one yet but am sentimental about the old one.
Ellen's Energy -- haven't seen the new one yet. I always thought this was a bit of a snooze in the old format though.
Living with the Land -- another love! it inspired my 8th grade science project.
Circle of Life -- never saw it.
movies in the World showcase -- my parents loved these. It was another punishment to me at the time. I haven't seen most of them though. I doubt I could get the youngest to stay still for something like this so unlikely to make our agenda.

I haven't done TR, HOP or COP in so long that I would really be interested in doing them on my next trip in December. Kind of a trip down memory lane sort of thing I guess. I'm even considering the Luau. Of course, that depends on the cost these days and whether they still parade that dead pig around like they used to.

Last edited:
I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase

My 11 year-old son really likes Living with the Land, and so does my mother. I like Carousel of Progress. The great thing about WDW is it offers the opportunity for balance: manic fast rides part of the time; thoughtful slow rides part of the time. Yin and yang, or should I say Minnie ::MinnieMo and Mickey::MickeyMo?

Tiki room -meh
Country Bears - nice if you need a rest.
Hall of Presidents - should do once
Carousel of Progress - A must do every trip!!! Walt Disney original-- from 1964 World's fair. And love the Sherman brothers song!
Captain EO - its closed anyways
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy - i guess good if there is a thunderstorm
Living with the Land - its great! DD loves it even though she mainly likes "fast "rides
Circle of Life never done it
movies in the World showcase- i like france

Yes. some Disney guests do enjoy them. Maybe not you, but people are different.

I'll do any of them except Circle of Life which is a waste of time that you will never get back. Even then I am sure there is somebody out there, somewhere, who loves it.

Tiki room - YES
Country Bears - YES
Hall of Presidents - YES
Carousel of Progress - YES
Captain EO - NOPE
Journey with Figment - YES
Ellen's Energy - YES
Living with the Land - YES
Circle of Life - YES

Tiki room - Favorite attraction!
Country Bears - Cute, but not a must-do
Hall of Presidents - It's nice to see the animatronic technology and how they always get the current president to record their lines.
Carousel of Progress - Classic
Captain EO - Sort-of glad it's gone
Journey with Figment - Yes.
Ellen's Energy - Needs an update, but the dinosaurs are classic and Ellen says a few great one-liners
Living with the Land - LOVE IT!
Circle of Life - Meh
movies in the World showcase - OK. I wouldn't mind skipping at least one if we ran out of time.

I am sure you will get a bunch of people here say yes, and I am sure most of them are being honest. You should play a fun game next time you are there though, listen to what people say as the exit, it will not be positive. I have heard people threaten to take their kids to Hall of presidents as a punishment, and the last time we were at EO (for the water fountains which are neat, if needing repair) the comments people made on the way out ... lol.

I always find threads like this funny. Since so many people don't go on these attractions much, that makes all the parks that much smaller for a lot of people. I have to assume some people who never/rarely take them are regular visitors who can spend a few days in each park, or at least MK. Then I always read comment on how universal has 2 half day parks with not enough to do, and there has to be some disconnect there!

I mean, you take out huge chunks of the Disney parks that you never do, yet say there is so much to do you have to be there for several days a trip, then say US doesn't have enough to do for even a full day at each park? It really baffles me. I understand people have their favorite park and mostly it is Disney, but I have to believe people are taking the same rides over and over at Disney to need to spend so much time there.

Ahhh... probably over thinking it. Just read a thread elsewhere that had people bashing Universal for not having enough to do and I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter