Do people actually enjoy these attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about:

Tiki room - Not every trip
Country Bears - Every trip - it reminds me of my parents.
Hall of Presidents - Never did it but plan on it on our next trip
Carousel of Progress Yes - it's relaxing in the August heat.
Captain EO Never
Journey with Figment Yes
Ellen's Energy Yes - again, it's cool in August. My husband naps.
Living with the Land - Yes
Circle of Life - No, the guilt trip is too much for me.
movies in the World showcase - No

I'm planning a third trip to DW. First trip my 3 year old was scared of everything so we went on very, very few rides. 2nd trip - we went on a ton and it was fun to see what everyone's favorites were. Me - Haunted Mansion, DH - food & wine festival 8-), 8-year old son - Test Trak, 6-year old son - People Mover (!!!)

Even over a week we couldn't do everything so I'm trying to include lots that we didn't do last time.
BUT... some of these attractions are really questionable. Do people actually enjoy them for what they are, or do they just do it for tradition or sentimentality??
Would kids enjoy them?

I'm thinking about:
Tiki room
Country Bears
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Captain EO
Journey with Figment
Ellen's Energy
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
movies in the World showcase

For us, there's a bit of both. There is nosalgia for sure. But we DO also just plain like some of the campy fun of these. There's something about being at Disney where things a little more carefree and you can just have fun with your loved ones.

Tiki room - we love the tiki toom! Even when it was under new management ( though we prefer the current classic )
Country Bears - Clicky old bears, but super fun music and show.
Hall of Presidents - yeah okay. Not fans
Carousel of Progress - Definitely worth a viewing. there is nostalgia and Walt ( the man ) history here
Captain EO - Fun if you lived through the 80's or a fan of MJ. My son likes it. Not that it's around anymore.
Journey with Figment - Defnitely!
Ellen's Energy - A little long...
Living with the Land - We like this because we find it interesting.
Circle of Life - Yeah, only saw this twice.
movies in the World showcase - We watch one or two every time we're down.

As an old Showbiz Pizza employee it's the Rock-a-Fire explosion with much better animatronics (10 years plus BEFORE Showbiz) and uh... country music!. The show is campy but fun (think original muppet show style humor).
i dont know... Creative Engineering (The company that produced the Rockafire Explosion) had designed a country bear jamboree in the 70's...

Tiki room - Oh gosh, yes. We listen to the music in the car and sing along with the kids. Lovely escape from the heat. I have a Tiki Room dress and a Tiki Room t-shirt. One of my absolute favourites.

Country Bears - Never done it, in seven trips. This must be remedied!

Hall of Presidents - Don't really have the appetite for it any more.

Carousel of Progress - Yes!

Captain EO - Never, and wouldn't if it came back.

Journey with Figment - I HATE it. Eric Idle just gives me the most monstrous case of the creeps in it. My daughter, however, adores Figment, so round again ye baa lambs.

Ellen's Energy - Not for me!

Living with the Land - Another huge favourite; also love the Behind the Seeds tour. I have a nice Living with the Land T-shirt that I like to wear on Epcot days.

Circle of Life - Never did it; not up my street.

Movies in the World showcase - Only if I need a break from the weather! My daughter will probably insist on doing the Beauty and the Beast singalong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter