Do you think a 1BR over the studio is worth double the points?

IMO the difference is too large and not c/w industry standards. They should lower the 1 BR and raise the studio costs by around 10-15% each IMO ending up around a 50% differential, rather than 100%.

I suspect we are probably in quite an unusual situation in that as a family of five we bought out points based on 15-18 nights in a 2 bedroom every other year. We now find ourselves a family if three needing a 1 bedroom and fix we can book it for longer than I can currently get off work so the points don't shock me

IMO the difference is too large and not c/w industry standards. They should lower the 1 BR and raise the studio costs by around 10-15% each IMO ending up around a 50% differential, rather than 100%.
:offtopic: I agree. For some reason, I have no problems booking at 2 bedroom. Would not even consider downsizing to a 1 bedroom because the point differential is so small. However, when I compare a studio versus a 1 bedroom, it's hard to pull the trigger on the 1 bedroom. Heck, might as well book a 2 bedroom for a bit more points so that we all get real beds and not have to deal with a pull out sofa.

I suspect we are probably in quite an unusual situation in that as a family of five we bought out points based on 15-18 nights in a 2 bedroom every other year. We now find ourselves a family if three needing a 1 bedroom and fix we can book it for longer than I can currently get off work so the points don't shock me
When I look at such issues it's not as how i'd use it but more as how management would see it or an auditor. My or your personal usage is irrelevant to me as to what the answer would be. I simply think the mix is off, period.

I haven't stayed in a studio for years and will avoid it religiously even it is only me and my husband. And with even one more person it's mandatory. I like having separate bedroom, kitchen for breakfasts and snacks, two tvs in case I cant sleep and want to watch tv or read in the living room, washer and dryer, etc. we are blessed to have enough points to do what we want. Starting next week the four of us will be at Disney two weeks, 4 nites in one bedroom club level akc, 8 nights at old key west in two bedroom and three nights at wilderness in one bedroom.

We are a family of 3 too. When DD outgrew the pack'n'play we added on so we had enough points to stay in a one bedroom and have only staying in them since and she will be 7 on our next trip.

There is no way we would go back to a studio. The space and amenities of the one bedroom are what we want on vacation - I don't want to be squashed in a single room.

It's mace for some very relaxing vacations :thumbsup2

We love the 1 bedrooms at OKW!! I use the kitchen, the washer and dryer, and I love the deck! Have always had the best times at that resort :) We like the option to cook our own food and relax away from the crowds for a while so the full kitchen definitely gets used when we take the kids. We are always there 7-10 days when we go so the space to spread out is awesome :) We do a mix of eating out and cooking in because we get tired of eating out, I think the points cost is balanced out by the savings in food.
DH and a I are going for our first solo trip soon and we will have a studio, can't wait to see what we think of the experience. I think that will be the way we vacation after all the kids move out

We bought DVC knowing 1brdm would be our go-to room. I actually cook in the kitchen to save food costs.

Because we are short on points, we are staying in a studio for a week. I will admit, I am nervous cause I know I will miss my 1brdrm.

Kim

One bedrooms are why we bought into DVC. Way too many nights hanging in hotel bathrooms while kids were going to sleep. We also love having the W/D in the room and the full size fridge. 3 nights or less and I'll do a studio but anything more than that is a 1 bedroom.

Now if they built a studio with a W/D, full size fridge and 2 toilets I'd be a happy camper.

Way too many nights hanging in hotel bathrooms while kids were going to sleep.
I would never have thought of doing this!!!:rolleyes: We simply went to bed the same time as the kids. Put the TV on a child appropriate show and we all fell asleep pretty quick. Disney exhausted us.

When the kids were young studios were great as they always wanted to be close to us. Now as the kids are young adults the 1 bedrooms are worth it although we would still do studios in a pinch.

I understand about the logic with the cost to the both rooms. But I'm all about the space bout the space bout the space no problem haha

Don't worry! Your pun didn't go unnoticed. I laughed out loud. :yay:

We figure you can save a few $$ by cooking your own meals, the in-room washer/dryer saves us time, and the larger space in a 1 bedroom helps justify the additional points we may have to use.

For us, it's pretty much determined by length of stay. We get a studio for just a few days when we only need to fix breakfast, and a 1 bedroom for longer stays when we will more meals at the resort, and in greater red of the washer/dryer.

I like the additional space of a 1 bedroom as I need fewer hours of sleep than DW. This way she can get in more sleep while I can read, watch TV, have my morning tea, etc. without disturbing her.

I would go for a 1 bedroom over studio gota have the washer and dryer and love the tub

I go back and forth. Like the 1 bedroom but can deal with the studio. The points cost are fine with me as they are.

With the points that we have, we alternate 1 vacation in a studio and then the next in the 1 bedroom (or if my parents decide to tag along bc we have the 1 bedroom). I love having the 1 bedroom for the kitchen, laundry, and hot tub. Since we don't have kids a studio is fine for us esp if it is a park heavy vacation and we opt for the dining plan. This October going to Vero Beach in a 1 bedroom and the kitchen is going to be nice to make dinner and sit on balcony with an adult beverage.

I live in a 1-bedroom condo that is smaller than some of the 1-bedroom villas! So for me, staying in a studio while on vacation isn't a big adjustment at all. I could see it being difficult to stay in studios if you live in a larger space. I prefer to save points and stay in studios, though that may change in the future. My stays are on the shorter side (3-5 nights), so a kitchen and washer/dryer aren't important to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter