Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

We never got the opportunity to interact with Chance- she seems like a real character! We did interact with one of the inmates- she was real sweet- then creepy- then she said I might kill you! We've done MNNSHP before and loved it so I didn't think I'd enjoy the scariness of HHN. I absolutely hate horror movies and such but I actually enjoyed it! I think the scare zones were so fun!
I like your daytime pictures- you can really see the details! Did Tom ever get scared by one of the SA?

We never got the opportunity to interact with Chance- she seems like a real character! We did interact with one of the inmates- she was real sweet- then creepy- then she said I might kill you! We've done MNNSHP before and loved it so I didn't think I'd enjoy the scariness of HHN. I absolutely hate horror movies and such but I actually enjoyed it! I think the scare zones were so fun!
I like your daytime pictures- you can really see the details! Did Tom ever get scared by one of the SA?

She was so funny.......some didn't quite get her, and that was ok.....she's not the best icon they ever had.

My friends that we met on earlier post who live in the UAE, well, she detests scary movies and won't watch anything remotely horror like........but, she loved it.........she wants to go back next year.......lol......I did tell her she would love it........ So I know what you mean and so glad you enjoyed it..........

Tom got caught in the houses once I think, ........but one SA caught him in the Vamp scare zone.....he did jump as he had no clue she was there......he was too busy trying to capture me jumping.......lol.......she just came up behind him and hissed in his ear........my turn to laugh!!

Glad you like the pictures and still following along...........:)

SUNDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER

We slept till just after 6 and we were awake......we truly wanted to sleep later this morning, but for some reason we were bright as buttons........it was still dark, but we got up and showered anyway, then as it was the weekend we Skyped Kyle as he would be around all day.......not much was happening over there, which was good.

Breakfast was quiet this morning, not too many folks around and we kinda took it easy and chatted to some folks and enjoyed quite a decent breakfast.......fresh cinnamon bun had just been put out so I was first to get to that......it`s a weird breakfast and not one I would ever have at home......but we enjoyed it while we were there.......

It`s funny how at 6am we were wide awake, as we walked to the park I was yawning my head off......and then Tom started yawning too.......

Got into IOA........we didn't stop to take a lot of pictures at Port of Entry.....I have loads in previous trip reports, and as I said we were a bit tired this morning, we did however still admire how colourful and bright this area is, so well themed and when you take the time to look there are loads of little precious things that some people will miss. Like the voices near the top of the buildings....they`re funny when you hear them.........

However today we needed a good wake up, so we went straight to the Hulk........this is one way to wake you up in the morning........it was still quiet as it was just after opening so we got straight on and on to the front row......yay!!! This was an amazing ride this morning....and we bought the picture today....none of us looked demented......well sort of.....we went round again and did this 2 more times before I thought I might start to feel woozy......but, this ride is so different to last year.......your head isn't pummelled around the way it used to be......It`s not as smooth as Duelling Dragons, but so much better.........

Little bit of Spiderman is always fun.........this was a one and done this morning, as I think I had woozed myself out on the Hulk.......not the rides fault, but I am fine doing these big rides a couple of times, then a break......miss the days where I could go on Duelling Dragons and Hulk numerous times......Kyle`s record for DD was 26 times in a row.......never missed a beat........that`s youth for you!!

i-HDBm5FX-XL.jpg

Kong was next on our travels today.......this is a good ride, lots of fun, but not spectacular......we would always ride it a few times especially with EP.......one day I would take pics of the full queue, but today we used EP again as regular queue was 60 minutes. EP once again was marvellous.

i-K9mNGkC-XL.jpg

i-fRbhtpW-XL.jpg

i-gHV695Z-XL.jpg

Our usual venture now is JP........we went on twice and both times came off dry.......I was sat behind quite a tall guy who got the brunt of the water the first time, second ride we were just lucky.......I have come off this ride anything from bone dry, a little sprinkled to fully drenched........don`t believe anyone who tells you that you wont get wet on this.....you can get soaked......not Popeye or Dudley soaked, but very wet.......I have a picture of my son 3 years ago where he is drenched.......

It had turned into the most beautiful day........and hot!!! Loving it......

i-Cr7p6B5-XL.jpg

Potter is always fun........we never tire of taking pictures here or just wandering around.......today we don't do FJ, just want to head round and do Duelling Dragons........

i-dnfHh7q-XL.jpg

Duelling Dragons was probably one ride too many for me today........I had started to feel like I had a slight light headedness....it`s something I occasionally get, but not often......spinning around on coasters will do that though.....but we enjoyed it and decided no more rides today.......I think tiredness was playing a part too.......being up till after midnight and getting up at 6am every day was catching up on our old bodies.......so, we decided to get the Hogwarts Express to the Studios.

i-bTRrVPX-XL.jpg

This was the second time we got held up by someone arguing they should be able to ride the HE without having a 2 park ticket.......they were trying to argue they didn't know.......well, no excuse.....they also didn't want to pay to upgrade.......and they weren't even being nice about it.......you got to feel for TM at times.......we got called to another TM and got through.........there is a nice little path that passes DD as you head to get the train......it`s cool to see the carriages passing so close.........

i-cCHd2K6-XL.jpg

i-fk9Fk5J-XL.jpg

i-k8q7wtJ-XL.jpg

i-JdGPWXw-XL.jpg

i-Sw3FsTN-XL.jpg

i-ScNQwP5-XL.jpg

The journey is cute, and we get the carriage to ourselves which is nice......it`s a short journey and we are at The Studios in a couple of minutes.

i-FNXKBtg-XL.jpg

i-kRFfVBh-XL.jpg

We feel hot and tired now, so we decide to miss Gringotts and just go to Lombards for lunch. This restaurant is really nice, over the years it`s been a hit and a miss with quality and service. We like to give it a try though as it`s so pretty inside and menu is nice.

They tell us there`s a 10 minute wait, so we get some water to cool us down while we wait, although this restaurant is almost as cold as Mythos.....almost!

i-gdqn4kG-XL.jpg

i-MXj2gT4-XL.jpg

i-GZ6DLSs-XL.jpg

We get seated in a few minutes and our waitress is not overly friendly......this is one of the reasons we doubt going here.......but she was pleasant enough and like another waitress before seemed disappointed we weren't having alcohol......but regardless we checked the menu out and Tom decided on the beef dip sandwich and I had the crab cake sandwich without the bun........not the most appetising of pictures......but this is why we doubt Lombards.......

i-CJGsKFm-XL.jpg

i-tG4Fbw2-XL.jpg

They actually tasted ok, but not what we would have chosen again. Again, we asked for the check and she tried to convince us to have a cocktail, coffee or desserts.......no interest in any. But the only time she smiled was when she finally brought the check......but, much as though we really like this restaurant I won`t rush back. Tom thought his tasted nice but not great.

By now we just wanted to go back to the room and have a snooze.......we had only done this once this trip, but felt we just needed it today. We planned to be out late tonight so it seemed a good idea. This was a long walk back today.....all I was imagining was a cool room and sleeping. But the heat was immense again.......eventually we got back to the hotel and went to the Club Lounge for a coffee and a Sprite........it`s so quiet in there during the day......but we went back down to room, finished our drinks and Tom sprawled out on one bed and was asleep in minutes. I however didn't feel tired anymore........so frustrating........

So, I brought out the pack of Hogwarts postcards I had bought earlier in the week......they were all nice, so I chose 8 to send to mum, my aunt in Long Island and friends.......thought I should finally write them. Postcards don't usually arrive till about 10 days after we got home, but I still send them anyway. However this year I posted them finally the following Friday and everyone go them 5 days later.......nice.

So, I was finishing writing them and Tom was still sleeping soundly, I sat and looked out the window for a while and was day dreaming and wishing I could sleep, then thinking I might as well go shower.......when my silent thoughts were disturbed by........our smoke alarm going off!!!

It was so loud.......Tom jumped up having no clue what planet he was on........I ran outside to notice there was no other alarms going off........now we were confused........Tom was calling down to someone to let them know......I looked back out and there was a security officer coming out of the room next to ours......we knew him from seeing him almost daily.....so told him our alarm was going off.....he said it was weird as the housekeeper had called him to say the power in the next room had gone off.........

We went out into the corridor when 2 maintenance men, 2 managers and someone else I wasn't quite sure who he was appeared and asked what had happened........they asked if I had sprayed deodorant or anything under it, told him no Tom was asleep and I was over by the window........so they all had a discussion and removed the offending alarm and replaced it, but it started going again........we at this point said we would go up to the lounge and wait, rather than stand and watch them........one of the managers said he would call up when they were done and make sure room door was closed properly.

So we trooped upstairs and regaled our story of how we were evacuated from our room.......well, sounds a bit more dramatic.....lol......so, we had another coffee and chatted away. It was only 10 minutes before one of the managers came up to tell us room was sorted and we could go back down. He was very apologetic and explained they thought the power being knocked out next door set our alarm off. But, we assured him it was fine.......we hadn't been inconvenienced at all, these things happen. But nice man, we hadn't met him before and as always told us to let him know if we needed anything.

But we went back to our room and yes this is very sad, but I did some ironing from a laundry load I had done........only tees and a couple of my dresses needed doing, didn't take long though and then we got showered and changed.

We were going back up to the lounge to have some wine before we went out for dinner to Yard House that was located by the Orlando Eye.

Last edited:
So an hour or so later we were all showered and changed and ready to go for our night out to Yard House. We had gone here for lunch last year and had really enjoyed it, but thought it might be a fun place to go at night too. We had thought about doing the Eye at night as we had previously done it during the day, but we decided we would prefer to stick to daytime and not tonight.

Up to the lounge and tonight I took some pictures of the wine and beers, and also the liquor that is available at $5 a drink. It was funny as we a couple of times saw someone ask for a shot but changed their mind when they had to pay for it.....there is a sign telling you you have to pay.

i-r527vCT-XL.jpg

i-P8sHb7d-XL.jpg

We were delighted to again have our wine served to us without asking.......not sure that's a good thing to be known for, but it was excellent service from staff in there who do get to know guests very well. Wine was welcome......but tonight rather unusually Tom was planning on having a beer as he was going to try some IPA beers at YH, so I ended up with both......lol......Tom felt refreshed from having a sleep, albeit a little disturbed......I was running on something at that point, not sure what.....but the wine perked me up a bit.......

The food tonight looked nice even though it was pasta.......we didn't touch it as we wanted to enjoy our meal at Yard House

i-Qx5zrc9-XL.jpg

We go down to our room to drop off the laptop and IPad and as we walk in we see something sat on the table.....and a card.........

i-fH9LDpn-XL.jpg

What a lovely gesture from the manager for our disturbance that afternoon!!! We never expected that at all......but as always the staff in this hotel always go above and beyond for guests......we were touched he had taken the time to do it.......and we adore strawberries!!!! And white chocolate ones too........we put them in the fridge and we would eat them later........although we did have one between us......couldn't help it!!! It was gorgeous, so sweet and juicy......and think I got the slightly bigger bit......lol.......

We head downstairs and get one of the ODC that sit outside to take us their tonight. So handy and convenient. It takes us just under 10 minutes to get there, it`s not far and we see how much has gone in here since last year. We also see there`s a food festival going on........we are solely tempted to forgo YH and eat our way around the stalls......

It`s so pretty here and feels very safe and clean.........

i-cxgcPpP-XL.jpg

i-kN85TqG-XL.jpg

Sadly, the wine store had closed........

i-gZBJTd5-XL.jpg

i-JDC7CXV-XL.jpg

This guy was so keen to show us his homemade grill.......we spoke at length about the type of food he cooked and how much he enjoyed doing these kind of events......really cool guy and I have to confess, we did try a piece of the ribs he was cooking.......delicious......he didn't charge us but we did leave a nice tip for his kindness.......I wished at that point we weren't eating at Yardhouse........

By now we were starving!! The aromas all around us had definitely got us in the mood for dinner.......at that point we met a TM who works in the Studios that we have known for years too......we hadn't seen him for two years, so we spent ages chatting to him and catching up......all the while trying to hide the sound of my tummy gurgling!! But, he`s a lovely guy and we loved catching up with him and his partner who we had never met before.......but as always time flies and it was dark by the time we said our goodbyes........

i-KxPHCtx-XL.jpg

i-rtHVFQ8-XL.jpg

Yard House is lovely, and looked busy.......

i-68HzN6X-XL.jpg

We had a 5 minute wait for our table and were delighted to see we were in fact over by the window and I could see the eye as it was totally lit up now........it was busy but not too loud funnily enough, we did snap some pictures of the bar area but thanks to Photobucket they`re gone.

We order a couple of drinks, I go for a rather nicer chardonnay and Tom goes for a beer selection......they have literally hundreds of beers and the staff are very knowledgeable about them.......

i-zHSPTdp-XL.jpg

i-hJ5HZBb-XL.jpg

Our waitress comes back and asks if we are ready to order.......it`s a huge menu and so many things we like.....but after a long perusal we went with shrimp jambalaya for Tom which I was so surprised at, it`s not something he would usually order, but he liked the sound of it......and made a change from his usual choices......I ordered shrimp and sweet potato fries.....

i-MrFV8dZ-XL.jpg

i-6mC3VLB-XL.jpg

i-7QjJdBq-XL.jpg

Tom had started eating before I could get a picture, but there were more shrimp, and I have to say it was delicious and I don't really like rice......but full of flavour and just a little spicy.

My shrimp came with a sweet chilli sauce and a strange looking green one......it was basil based and surprisingly nice.....and again the shrimp were huge!! Fries came with maple bacon dip.......lush.........

Everything was gorgeous.......fresh tasting and hot......we detest lukewarm food......but I have to say food, service and atmosphere were wonderful......this is a fabulous place to come, especially at night I think......more lively but not rowdy......we liked that there wasn't really any kids in. I don't mind kids, but it`s to be minus them for a night......

We had no room for dessert and planned to pop into Sugar Factory and get some pics of the Eye at night before heading into Citywalk for cocktails...........

Coming up..........

Last edited:
Sorry you had not so great service at Mythos. It's one of our must do's on every trip, and we usually have lovely service there.

We almost went to Yard House once. It looks really good!

I'm still reading and wowed with everything you are posting

Glad you`re still reading along........:thumbsup2

Sorry you had not so great service at Mythos. It's one of our must do's on every trip, and we usually have lovely service there.

We almost went to Yard House once. It looks really good!

It was Lombards we didn't have great service at on last post........no, we`ve been to Mythos many times and service is always exceptional.....Lombards is a hit and a miss.......will give it a miss in future.......

Yard House is really good!! Well worth a visit........:wave2:

Glad you`re still reading along........:thumbsup2

It was Lombards we didn't have great service at on last post........no, we`ve been to Mythos many times and service is always exceptional.....Lombards is a hit and a miss.......will give it a miss in future.......

Yard House is really good!! Well worth a visit........:wave2:
Ohh I think I might have misread that. Never been to Lombards, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

We'll have to go out to eat at the I-Drive complex again one of these upcoming trips.

Ohh I think I might have misread that. Never been to Lombards, but it doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

We'll have to go out to eat at the I-Drive complex again one of these upcoming trips.

It's a shame, because when Lombards is good it's very good.......maybe I'm doing the waitress a disservice but she wasn't the usual standard we were so used to.

Yep, it's so much fun down there, plenty of eating choices and of course the Eye itself is cool!

That food looks awesome!

It really was.........you know when you can still taste it looking at the pics.........lol........

Ah, another restaurant we may have to go to next month. My kids would like to eat there, and I was thinking of riding the eye with the holiday pod. Was hoping to get discounted military tickets for it, so have to research that still.

Love the pictures.

I have been following along but finally had the time to post.

Thank you so. I have for Such a wonderful trip full of details! We are planning our first trip over thanksgiving (later this month) and I have read over your report several times, making notes on things to do and questions to answer.

Your and your husband are so dear and it makes me happy to see pics of a couple that are enjoying themselves and each other so much.

I also enjoy reading About foreigners view of an American vacation.

A question - is wine and beer complimentary in the CL lounges? We are staying at Portofino Bay, club level and I expect we will use the lounge quite a bit during our comings and goings. We are a group of three nad I typically use lounge time (at other hotels) as time that our son can get on line and we can relax outside of our room before or after dinner.

Schumi thanks for making my morning commute so fun! Love all the pics and posts

they announce for him to put it away.......he kinda does.......then brings it back out later.........they again announce for him to stop.....h

What a twit. I really dislike people like this

nt just being able to walk straight on and both times we only had 2 other people on the cars with us

OMG I've never hear of Gringotts being that quiet! Woh

How odd that only your fire alarm went off??? Maybe a spirit followed you home from HHN? :)

I have been following along but finally had the time to post.

Thank you so. I have for Such a wonderful trip full of details! We are planning our first trip over thanksgiving (later this month) and I have read over your report several times, making notes on things to do and questions to answer.

Your and your husband are so dear and it makes me happy to see pics of a couple that are enjoying themselves and each other so much.

I also enjoy reading About foreigners view of an American vacation.

A question - is wine and beer complimentary in the CL lounges? We are staying at Portofino Bay, club level and I expect we will use the lounge quite a bit during our comings and goings. We are a group of three nad I typically use lounge time (at other hotels) as time that our son can get on line and we can relax outside of our room before or after dinner.

:welcome: cleopenn............lovely to have you along with us..........

Thank you so much for your lovely comments........I am so glad to read you're enjoying the trip report and my sometimes lengthy rambles.........:D glad it's given you some help with things........and thank you for the nice comments of us as a couple.......we adore spending so much time together and truly enjoy every second :hug:

Yes, wine and beer are complimentary in all 3 Club Lounges........the only thing to pay is if you buy shots of liquor which are $5 a pop...........

Again, thank you for such a nice comment.......hope you enjoy the rest of it too.........:wave2:

Schumi thanks for making my morning commute so fun! Love all the pics and posts

What a twit. I really dislike people like this

OMG I've never hear of Gringotts being that quiet! Woh

How odd that only your fire alarm went off??? Maybe a spirit followed you home from HHN? :)

You are welcome Rachel.......glad to hear you like it!

Yes, people like that are annoying................the rules don't apply to them type..........I guess I'm a rule follower too.......:thumbsup2

Lol.......would love to think it was a spook.......but sadly, just an electrical issue........bit dull isn't it.......spook sounds so much better.........:laughing:

Ah, another restaurant we may have to go to next month. My kids would like to eat there, and I was thinking of riding the eye with the holiday pod. Was hoping to get discounted military tickets for it, so have to research that still.

Love the pictures.

Thanks Lynne.......yes, it's worth visiting, food was really good and just a nice place to spend some time.......

We like the Eye, our visit this year comes up soon........more pictures of me looking petrified or trying not to look petrified........lol........

I'm enjoying your report and I just have to say - your husband looks so darn happy in every picture, I love it! :)

I'm enjoying your report and I just have to say - your husband looks so darn happy in every picture, I love it! :)

:welcome: MrsM...........Thanks so much.........glad you`re reading along and it`s not too boring :blush: And I will pass on the lovely compliment to my husband, he will be pleased........he`s kinda smiles and is happy most of the time.....not sure why being married to me....lol.....

Hope you enjoy reading the upcoming chapters........:thumbsup2

So after being fed and enjoyed a couple of drinks we went back outside and enjoyed the blast of heat we felt.....it was cold in there......not Mythos cold, but cool. We decided to wander around and get some pics of the eye at night and also wanted an ice cream from the Sugar Factory.

We decided we couldn't probably go into the full restaurant as we weren't that hungry, but wanted to just go into the café area which was still nice........and seeing the Eye all lit up at night is just beautiful......it changes colour periodically and I honestly could watch it all night........

i-9q8ZtJk-XL.jpg

i-PPV2qzz-XL.jpg

We were tempted to go into Ben & Jerry`s as this is Kyle`s favourite ice cream ever, but didn`t as we really wanted the SF......but did have a look in.......there are a few nice options for food and desserts in this complex now.....really something for everyone.......there is a kind of food court within the Eye building itself which did look nice too as another option.

i-knsBL85-XL.jpg

It is a beautiful place all lit up at night and definitely worth visiting at night even if you are not going on the Eye, which is fabulous, but with the height thing, its not for everyone.

The restaurant for Sugar Factory is through the back of the parlour

i-qffSTZ6-XL.jpg

i-Fkfgw3M-XL.jpg

I know one flavour was strawberry but don't remember the other flavour I had, Tom had vanilla and they were both really nice.......have to say I do prefer Ben & Jerry`s......they were just nice. But the full restaurant through the back looked lovely, we will try it next year I think despite not being very sweet toothed.

We decided now we would get a cab back to the hotel........as usual, we had planned to go to Citywalk and maybe party???? But, we didn't have the energy.........so, cab back and thought we would just go to Jake`s again......this is a fabulous option for after hours entertainment........always a great atmosphere and drinks are lovely.....they do make an excellent cocktail!!!

We get back to the hotel and I always admire how gorgeous this hotel is at night, it`s beautiful during the day too, but at night it takes on a cosy feel despite the openness of the lobby area. I look forward to what they do with this area when it does get refurbed.

i-pPq9PLn-XL.jpg

i-JC3hWc2-XL.jpg

i-Kd4zzfD-XL.jpg

i-RHTn4wc-XL.jpg

We head down to Jake`s, when you come down the stairs you have the choice of Jake`s American Bar to the left, or Islands Dining Room to the right. Both are fabulous choices......casual with excellent food and service.

We don`t expect it to be busy with it being a Sunday, and it isn`t........we get a seat beside the window and order drinks........

I didn`t take any pictures of the drinks tonight but I had the blackberry flavoured cocktail minus the mint (yuk) and Tom had a beer.........we just sat back and enjoyed the atmosphere and honestly wondered why I was still awake as I had been so tired earlier.........but we were doing ok somehow........we ordered another drink and then rather unbelievably and a bit embarrassingly we were hungry..........I blame the alcohol of course........

So we ordered a pizza to share.......bit late for us to eat that usually, but we would try.........we ordered our usual, meat pizza minus the sausage and add chicken and jalapenos.......our server said they should add that to the menu and name it after us as she liked the sound of it so much when we had it the previous week........it was gorgeous.....

i-hqh7q4J-XL.jpg

To be honest we only ate about half, usually we share one and demolish it......but whether we weren't as hungry as we thought or it was just too late, not sure.....but what we had was delicious.........our waitress offered to box it up for us, but we never eat cold pizza or even warmed up pizza the next day.......nothing wrong with doing it of course, we just don't do it........

It was now late......can`t remember exactly how late, but we hauled our weary bodies to the elevators and I swear I almost dropped off on Tom`s shoulder when we got in.........by the time we got to the room I couldn't keep my eyes open......no shower tonight, it was straight into bed and both of us didn't hear another thing till morning.

I should add....some pictures have a date and time stamped on them that is wrong.......no idea how that happened as we never use that function........but Tom had fiddled with things and the date was added incorrectly and we couldn't remove it.........not a clue!!!

Last edited:
I've been to the Sugar Factory in Las Vegas. Cute store, but not up my alley at all!
(I always choose salt/savory over sweet) I found the air inside the store to almost be too much and really overwhelmed me!! It was as if I was breathing in sugar--I could barely take it.

Happy I was able to read another installment before leaving! I fly down to Orange Beach, Alabama tomorrow for a long weekend at our condos, then it's on to the Hard Rock Hotel on Monday!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter