Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

Thanks guys........London was fabulous!!! Been a few times but, This visit although short, I realised it's a place I enjoy so much actually.......

Ready to leave in 2 hours for weekend away in middle of nowhere......I'm sure there's a spooky story in there somewhere........out in the wilds with close friends and even some relative strangers.........lol...

Todd, that is so funny..........and guess what.......we did exactly the same thing this year!!! Came to the split in the road and we went the wrong way........again..........it was only when we got to the toll booth we remembered doing the same things that night we met you at RusTeak and headed for Miami.......:rotfl:Can't believe we made the same mistake twice! Next stop Cuba.......:duck:

Sounds good for next year........yep, always like a new restaurant recommendation too..........and I remember you mentioning Rennigers before........:thumbsup2

Glad you're enjoying reading it Todd.......:goodvibes

Back late Sunday night or Monday morning and hopefully get more done..............:wave2:

MONDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER

We expected to sleep late today as we were so tired last night, but as usual our eyes popped open around 6am and that was us awake. We did try to fall back over but just wasn't going to happen this morning........as always it looked to be going to be a beautiful day so we wanted to enjoy it. So we bounced up and got ready, but kind of took our time as we were in no rush. We always think we will sleep late and not do the parks till later in the day, but as with the best laid plans, it didn't happen........

Breakfast was very lazy, we managed to catch one Boston Brother and say goodbye to him, and we spent our time chatting and drinking coffee today......fruit, cinnamon bun and some toast today was what we enjoyed.........always so relaxing and a nice way to start the day. We have never had any desire to grab something quick in the room or while walking to the parks, again, just the way we do things.

i-j2scRRC-XL.jpg

So, we got the park nice and early this morning, but rather frustratingly again, there was still no Doom. We really did miss that ride this visit.......but we did go on The Hulk twice and then headed round to Spiderman......it was quiet......very quiet......

i-jqgSwpN-XL.jpg

There was literally no queue to get on this ride today, which was nice for everyone........

i-ZVvJzBP-XL.jpg

i-fRgMPdQ-XL.jpg

i-PBWPhkj-XL.jpg

This is another ride that is just so good. People compare Transformers to this, and yes it is similar in process, but we find SM very much a smoother ride and doesn't jerk you around the way TF does........and who doesn't love SM!! We do this ride twice and head on further into the park. This is where people ask, don't you get bored. And the answer is always no........we adore the parks.....the whole vibe of them just gets us the right way........of course most folks ask why we don't go to Disney or SeaWorld.......the answer is simply they bore us to tears and I wont go to SeaWorld for other reasons.......and when anyone asks I tell them I have my reasons, and nothing to do with the documentary that can`t be mentioned........each to their own though.......but we never tire of the Universal parks, maybe if we spent all day every day we may get bored, but what we do we enjoy........

i-6QKFgm6-XL.jpg

i-7RLGPvB-XL.jpg

i-qg2BKKL-XL.jpg

i-rjt3QNb-XL.jpg

i-z8wR3Mv-XL.jpg

Blondies is a decent place for lunch.....freshly made sandwiches including the famous Dagwood........I`m not a big sandwich fan which is why we don't eat there more often......we did once and we all enjoyed it. Very fresh and nice potato salad.........

When we got to Kong this morning we decided to do the full queue as there was hardly anyone there........I always like to do the full queue at least once, but most of them now I don't bother with as we have done them so often......but this one was new and we had heard it was good...........

i-KrXJKDw-XL.jpg

i-NBQJmMk-XL.jpg

i-fCTxVdx-XL.jpg

i-v8s7dK9-XL.jpg

The regular queue is a lot of fun.........and yep, I got the biggest scare from a SA while walking through......I had totally forgotten the fact that there were scares to be had......and I turned a slight corner and one bounced out of the wall right at me......boy did I let out a yell.........lol.......Tom was laughing hard at that one!!

i-xwxzKNn-XL.jpg

i-SpSNvt5-XL.jpg

Theming as always is amazing........they do these things so well, and it is very atmospheric in the ride queues......everyone seemed to really enjoy it.......and again, the ride was fun. We got on row 7 this time.....I prefer the back 3 rows and probably over to the left as far as you can go........that for me is the best area to be. We came out and went round again doing EP........that was probably us done with Kong after that.......we had done it enough, it`s a good ride, but not one I would feel the need to do every time.

Now I had a plan. I knew the Raptor Experience opened at 10, so we missed out JP today and headed straight for that as it always been busy anytime we passed........so, being there early we hoped there wouldn't be a queue......there wasn't. Only one couple in front of us........usually we find people chat away while in line, especially if there`s only them and us.......this couple made it plain they were not friendly.........don't ask. So we stood and spoke to the TM who was slightly bemused by this couple in front of us.........we did wonder how they would react to what was a fun experience coming up.......it was an odd watch I have to say.

i-f6fPzbk-XL.jpg

Very quickly it was our turn, as first couple soon realised they didn't want to interact with anyone......not quite sure what they thought they were lining up for.........

The handler explains we have to be quiet and that the other guy will happily take pictures for us.......so we are told to wander very gently over to this raptor........he was excellent. I`m sure his description of what the raptor likes and doesn't like varies by guest......but for us he told us she didn't like blondes or bald heads........lol.........so Tom had to very gently come and stand beside me so as not to alarm her too much.......

i-82mJ9vR-XL.jpg

At this point I sneezed..........it was so funny........the raptor went crazy and rather weirdly I felt like running away.......it is so clever and quite alarmingly realistic.......

i-QKWdcS8-XL.jpg

i-9Qzpzv4-XL.jpg

i-R4rhMhD-XL.jpg

Yep, alarmingly realistic is probably a good description of the experience........very funny and the "handler" really inspires you to think it`s a real raptor beside you........well worth doing and waiting for......it was a queue that did build up rather quickly and no EP on this one.

We grabbed our bag and camera and left the area, and as we headed out we heard one little scream from the next people.......poor little guy sounded traumatised!!

As with all areas of the parks there are some lovely photo opportunities around......today they seemed rather quiet as it was still early on a Monday morning.......

i-bM3vWvZ-XL.jpg

Again, my husband had the camera, and much preferred to be on the other side of it, so I do get a couple of him but not as many as I would like......

i-5SDrX46-XL.jpg

i-S9Nrw4V-XL.jpg

i-MSL8jdJ-XL.jpg

i-wqJn3hK-XL.jpg

i-zd3pn4L-XL.jpg

We do FJ once doing single rider. Some days I can maybe do this twice, but most days it`s a one and done and today was that for me........did feel a little nauseous coming off.......so we stopped and had a drink in the Hogshead and sat through the back and just took the time to let me settle a little.........Tom and I shared a Pumpkin Fizz......we don't really like Butterbeer very much, so that was nice and we sat outside for 5 minutes before going into the cool of the inside.

i-HkX7KNJ-XL.jpg

i-GVXnxPk-XL.jpg

We never choose to eat in here, but for a drink or a wander it has to be done. Look up and around and you can see little things that some may miss, again theming is top notch and attention to detail is so precise.

i-QWSmCWd-XL.jpg

We spend a little time in Hogsmeade and take a couple of pictures before doing Duelling Dragons.......I always feel ok to do that ride.......both sides!!

i-nw8FGZV-XL.jpg

i-jJ8xLGP-XL.jpg

i-8MsZfpf-XL.jpg

i-kHWTdm9-XL.jpg

We went on Duelling Dragons, doing both sides twice.......that was enough for me that morning......although there is very rarely a queue for this ride, it seems silly not to take advantage of it........probably the best coaster the park has to offer with regards to thrills.......yes, we miss it duelling, but it`s still a great ride and we don't find the lack of duelling detracts from that in any way.

We head over to Studios so walk past Dragons and go to get the train over.

i-XCfPLLb-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry for the double post!!

So we got on the train and headed over to Studios to do Gringotts.......it was fairly quiet and we shared the carriage with one other couple......it was their first time, and it`s always cute to see first timers reactions to everything Potter.....they asked loads of questions when they knew we had been once or twice before........always a fun little way to get to the opposite park and in a few short minutes we arrive at King`s Cross........

It`s so well done and although not exactly like the real thing it`s good enough.......certainly feels as cool as the real station........

i-jNGrB8h-XL.jpg

We did plan to go straight to Gringotts, but of course my personal photographer had other ideas......

i-TXLTgcp-XL.jpg

We did go straight in then to DA........sometimes we take loads of pictures, yes we have multiples of things, but today we just go straight to the ride. There is a bit of a queue I think around 45 minutes, so we do single rider and Tom is on the back row and I`m on the front of the same train.........so enjoyable this ride and never causes me any motion issues......it`s very gentle and mainly swooshes you around rather than flinging you around.......but today we only do this once and pop into Knockturn Alley for a quick wander........

i-d3ShPcM-XL.jpg

i-kzH9jZk-XL.jpg

i-qXKm8G5-XL.jpg

We really did just have a quick wander today, and then headed back to go around and do MiB, ET and then Despicable Me.......and of course stop off for some water at Simpsons area.......

i-db4wzd8-XL.jpg

i-Bf5KkWL-XL.jpg

i-vR9bDNv-XL.jpg

i-kZzC8ns-XL.jpg

i-8qGmSDd-XL.jpg

i-ThZ3Wnv-XL.jpg

When we got to ET there were some dogs from the newest movie........they were so cute and seemed to enjoy interacting with anyone.........we did take some pics, but they`re not great........we always enjoy ET.......definitely one that we wont pass by.....although the beginning with Spielberg could be doing with being updated.......

i-ZPZQWx8-XL.jpg

Now we begin to feel hungry and start to think about lunch......so we think we`ll do Despicable Me then head to Toothsome........

I always think this would make a lovely home.......

i-qskVMK2-XL.jpg

As we wander around the parade is there, so we take some pictures with some of the characters and then as my tummy is grumbling make our way around.........this parade is cute. Not a spectacular extravaganza the way Disney parades are, but it`s fun and colourful and worth watching if it passes.....

i-GVRPbfP-XL.jpg

i-BR2bGN2-XL.jpg

Despicable Me was fairly busy.......a 40 minute wait when the park was reasonably quiet wasn't unusual.....we had seen it far longer in the mornings when we came in.......but for us we walked straight on and although some folks make comments from the regular queue, I never pay any attention nor do we feel guilty about it.......it`s a perk of staying at the hotels and not much else to say really. But, I never understand the negative comments you sometimes hear......but on to the ride........standing in the first bit I get really hungry now.......and to be honest think about just going there and then, but we get through to the next area and I begin to forget I`m hungry........we get on the ride and enjoy it as usual.....although we do get the person who doesn't go all the way to the end of the row........lol........

We come out and there`s a minion wanting to dance........so.........

i-RqjPQTW-XL.jpg

Glad he didn't take video!!!! There`s times you don't care how silly you look and dancing with minions is one of them......love the interaction with them!!

i-QxrKwrH-XL.jpg

Time for food. We walk out and head round to Toothsome.......so far dinner here had been unsuccessful so we thought we`d try lunch. If I`m honest the menu doesn't thrill us at all, but it`s a new place and we wanted to try it.......we walk in and are told we would be seated immediately........the place is lovely, bit dark, but fits with the theme and the TM stay in marvellous character interaction........we were impressed by the staff in here........we were seated upstairs and I went to the bathroom........our waitress informed Tom she would wait till I came back before she explained the menu and what the concept of the restaurant was........

i-sWPFNMJ-XL.jpg

i-9wTN2JL-XL.jpg

After she explained we took our time and went through the menu carefully, although we had already studied it frequently before we left......so we had an idea what we would eat there.....I should have gone for a flatbread, but I had eaten a few pizzas so I went for the Totchos and Tom had a burger.....we also opted for the chocolate bread and salted caramel butter to start with........not having a big sweet tooth I wasn't sure what I would make of it......

i-MMFNRXZ-XL.jpg

Have to say, it wasn't for me.......I kinda liked the butter, but the bread was disgustingly sweet and I just couldn't eat it.....Tom thought it was ok and had a slice or 2 purely because he was really hungry by now.....not something we would ever order again I have to say......would prefer a different bread.....although given the theme of the restaurant, I can see why they have it on the menu.

Our meals arrived and I have to say they looked nice initially.......Tom`s burger was gorgeous......really tasty and well cooked..........my totchos looked nice.

i-RQMpzkq-XL.jpg

i-PDwSDBS-XL.jpg

Burger was a success, but mine after looking quite fresh initially, started to congeal with the cheese sauce.....this may have been avoided by this being a shared appetiser and eaten quicker.....it was ok, but the spice level was a massive disappointment.......no heat whatsoever, so if you like it a little spicy, ask for it to be made hotter. I think I ate less than half and she asked if I wanted it boxed to go, definitely a no. Wouldn't have been nice reheated even if I had wanted to take it.

i-xhd9BvW-XL.jpg

i-vRh8jMm-XL.jpg

i-q3VKSvk-XL.jpg

i-NBHLsp4-XL.jpg

i-PPfKHWK-XL.jpg

It really is a unique restaurant and a nice place to visit and see what`s on offer.........the store is beautiful and has some very unique products you just have to buy!! Despite not having a sweet tooth, I do love Candy Floss so I had to buy some of the jars in different colours and Tom got some chocolates.....he definitely has a sweet tooth!!!

i-5RQDhZz-XL.jpg

Even I was drawn to the selections of colours and flavours on offer here.........

i-tHqQQ4K-XL.jpg

i-JXNvfmS-XL.jpg

i-DCjdCt9-XL.jpg

Yes we purchased far too many jars of candy floss than would be good for us.......but lush!!!

i-CF6KZsS-XL.jpg

We headed back to the hotel and would decide what we would do the rest of the afternoon.

Last edited:
Great updates! Always enjoy your photos!

We never did eat at Toothsome. (With only 3 days, it was tough to fit it all in.)
But I surely walked away with a box of chocolate to take back home!

Great updates! Always enjoy your photos!

We never did eat at Toothsome. (With only 3 days, it was tough to fit it all in.)
But I surely walked away with a box of chocolate to take back home!

Lol.......yes the chocolates are rather nice.......hope you enjoyed them! I know Tom loved every single one he tried.....and he tried a lot!

Toothsome was ok. I did say I wouldn't go back, but now, I'd just order something different......I think maybe I unfairly judged it on one dish........but hopefully next time you'll get to try it......

Glad you're still enjoying reading.......:goodvibes

Welcome back from your trip! Nice update! Not sure about Toothsome, but I'm with you- it's new-you have to try it! but definitely at lunch!

I agree Spiderman is much smoother than Transformers.

The queue for Reign of Kong looks cool.

Loved the Raptor Encounter! A lot of people in front of us treated it like it as real. :rotfl: But thebraptor was very friendly to us :laughing:

We didn't get to do the Raptors Adventure it was to busy each time we went by, it looks cool! We thought about trying Toothsome but went with Cow Fish instead, we loved it.

I am not a fan of sweets, either! That bread has never appealed.
Those totchos don't look appetizing either! Sorry you had to have those; they do sound delish by description!

Welcome back from your trip! Nice update! Not sure about Toothsome, but I'm with you- it's new-you have to try it! but definitely at lunch!

Thanks patty........I`ll try most restaurants once......always give the benefit of the doubt, but wouldn't rush back to this one........and yep, lunch was a better option regarding crowds........

I agree Spiderman is much smoother than Transformers.

The queue for Reign of Kong looks cool.

Loved the Raptor Encounter! A lot of people in front of us treated it like it as real. :rotfl: But thebraptor was very friendly to us :laughing:

It was fun and seemed very real at times.......lol.......weird though........

great pictures and a nice pretty blue dress you have on!

Thanks mac........and yep, that was a great park dress :thumbsup2

We didn't get to do the Raptors Adventure it was to busy each time we went by, it looks cool! We thought about trying Toothsome but went with Cow Fish instead, we loved it.

Oh I would choose Cowfish over Toothsome any day now........much better food for us and we`ve enjoyed every meal we`ve ever had in Cowfish.......ye, the Raptor experience was usually mobbed.......definitely try early morning for the raptor experience........

I am not a fan of sweets, either! That bread has never appealed.
Those totchos don't look appetizing either! Sorry you had to have those; they do sound delish by description!

Yep, wouldn't order them again........yep, definitely better sounding than they actually were........the bread was disgustingly sweet, even the smell was off putting.....but, it seems popular enough........give me savoury every time......:thumbsup2

This should actually be a pretty short post.........

We did plan to stop for an ice cream on way up, but we really were quite full and tired.....but ice cream is nice from here......

i-MmmrQnL-XL.jpg

As we walked back to RPR we could feel the atmosphere change and knew some weather was on the way.....so we walked quickly and thunder began as we got halfway back....we did manage to get in before the rain came on. We thought this afternoon we would go back to the parks and do the water rides, but as the rain started we realised we couldn`t actually be bothered anyway.......so we went to sleep.

I thought we`d maybe have half an hour or so.......but I think we slept for 2 hours.......I do remember waking at one point and seeing the sky was even darker than when I had fallen asleep........definitely and afternoon for snoozing the day away......

So we got up showered and changed and went up to Club Lounge for a coffee before we headed out to LBV, we wanted to go to the outlet centre there for a look around and also to the Lindt store. Part of the gifts we leave for certain staff members and the CL staff always involve Lindt chocs, so we hadn't bought them yet and decided we would get them today along with a few things we wanted to take back home.

Stopped in at Walmart on Turkey Lake Road too for a few bits like Pepperidge Farm cookies and some candy then drove to LBV........the weather wasn't great and it felt so cool......Tom jokingly asked if I wanted to go buy a jacket.......don't tempt me was my answer.......

So we had wandered round the outlet centre for almost an hour and got our Lindt stuff.......how much stuff we had bought surprised even me!!! Not chocolate fan at all......but we loaded up the car and decided dinner was now needed........as we were over this side we decided to go to Joe`s Crab Shack......hadn't been there for a while and we adore seafood, it was always good there.

It was cool now. 78F......now, everyone thinks this is hilarious that I was cold at 78F........hence the reason I still do get called the Lizard.......lol.......so as I shivered walking in to the restaurant Tom just laughed as we wondered how anyone could be cold when it was almost 80......I had definitely been spoiled with the heat so far this trip......

i-88XhB3d-XL.jpg

It was quieter than our previous visit.....I always wonder why somewhere that is always mobbed is now less frequented at peak dinner hours.........but there was around 20 people in and some cops.......always trust a cop for dinner choices......so we sat down and our server immediately checked in with us and got drinks and asked if we had been before and did we need any advice.......we were good. I think every picture I took tonight Tom had his eyes closed........I do look a little muddled myself!!!

i-drpJGbx-XL.jpg

i-Mx349V5-XL.jpg

We immediately both fancied some chilled shrimp to start....nothing fancy just shrimp........

i-f5LLC2f-XL.jpg

This was a bigger portion each than we realised......but we had opted to not have fries or potatoes with our mains.....so we were good to go.......Shrimp was delicious.......not much more to say about shrimp, but they were nice......I had ordered snow crab and queen crab and Tom ordered a steampot........cant remember which one, but we enjoyed it a lot.......he`s better at cracking the shells than I am, so he spent a lot of time doing mine.......

i-xvNtJ8H-XL.jpg

i-tfp58TQ-XL.jpg

I think he had taken the Queen crab out and had started cracking it for me by time I got the camera out........it was all lovely. We had both opted for the old bay seasoning and its so lovely. Doesn't really need anything, but adds something.

We had no room for dessert and paid the check then headed back to the hotel. As we slept the afternoon away, we decided to park the car, drop the shopping in the room and head to Citywalk for some cocktails......

It was pleasant now, not too hot and not as cool as I had felt it earlier......we walked slowly to Margaritaville.

i-gPK49zS-XL.jpg

I would have liked to have sat in The Lone Palm, but there was far too many smokers there to enjoy it, so we went inside and sat at the bar. There was another few people sat and we got chatting to them......one was from Scotland, and weirdly came from about 10 minutes away from where I grew up.......it is a small world.

There was a singer on and he was good, took loads of requests which was nice........we must have spent a couple of hours there just chilling, chatting and making friends with the barman.........lol.....watching them make up the fresh cocktails was entertaining to us and we asked him to come up with something unique........don't think he was allowed to do that.........

i-h5SF7nG-XL.jpg

I was definitely a little "chirpy" in that picture.......I never mix drinks, if I`m having wine I stick to wine, but never have wine and spirits on the same night......but realised I had a wine sangria in Joe`s Crab Shack.........then had 3 cocktails in M`ville.......so I was extremely happy and smiley........well aren't I always was my question!!

i-Fnmf6f8-XL.jpg

We sat till around midnight till we decided we needed to sleep.......we had a busy day planned tomorrow starting off with some morning park time in the Studios. Only took 5 minutes to get back to the hotel and we had crashed out in about 5 minutes, I was more tired than I realised. Tom watched some sci fi thing on the tv for an hour or so, but never heard a thing till morning.

Last edited:
TUESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER

We woke up so early again this morning........we again, thought we may sleep till at least 10am as we were so tired, but no, around 6.45 I awoke with a jump thinking we had slept in......not a chance.

So, we had breakfast after we had showered and dressed.......I was starting to feel my feet hurt a little......so regardless of what it looked like, I was wearing trainers today.....dress or no dress. I`m lucky I really don't care much what folks think I look like, so can go out and not notice if anyone points out my lack of fashion style......lol.....comfort first.

It was another beautiful day and we decided even though we were going to the Studios, we would walk (sore feet and all) It really is the most lovely walk to the parks........at security check point we met a guy who said we couldn't still be here......what can you say to that!!! Yep, still here......although time really was whizzing by now......I had noticed though, the quicker time was flashing past, the slower we were walking.......that might be age and weariness though.

As we passed through Citywalk we saw some work being done on Toothsome........we had seen a few managers hover around last night outside, so wondered if there had been an issue......

But we got to the park just before it opened and got straight through......we always walk through the store as its so cool, and usually by that time with the heat, much as I love it, I like to cool down a little......we had a quick wander and wanted to do DM first......we had said this trip we weren't concentrating on characters much. We had pics with every character in the parks at some point.....although our favourites were by far from last year. For the first time we had managed to get pictures with the whole Scooby Doo Gang at the one time........they were fabulous!!!! And no one had really noticed them so we had them to ourselves for ages, I think Tom snapped off around 50 pictures of us together......so I knew we wouldn't better those pics again this year.......we also had an amazing dinner experience with Gru and a minion but there`s always one or two you just have to catch.

We came out of the shop and saw woody woodpecker........

i-2jnBtcM-XL.jpg

To be honest we weren't going to bother, but the gal shouted us over and encouraged us to go first.......just after us the queue formed behind us..........and got quite long. The photo ops at Universal are always in our experience, never manic or out of control........which is nice, and you do get some decent time with the characters........there`s always someone there too who will happily take your pictures with your own camera which we like.

Despicable Me already had a queue, must have been 40 minutes and we were surprised as it seemed fairly quiet again.....but we walked straight on with EP.....we didn't even stop this morning......so inside was lovely and cool and always admire how cute this ride is........

We always enjoy this one, and of course at the other end is these guys.......

i-xFZMxBK-XL.jpg

i-qRJPPMV-XL.jpg

They are so clever at communicating without being able to say a word.....there weren't too many people stopping today so again, we had a nice experience and as we wandered off the real camera guy shouted us and said the minion hadn't said goodbye.......lol......so Tom had to rustle to get the camera back out so he could wave to us.....lol.....was funny and so cute!!

i-CdVSbqB-XL.jpg

We didn't do RRR today, and I can`t remember why.......but we walked straight round to the Mummy and immediately saw these guys.......one of whom last year had creeped up on me on Delancey Street while I was checking out pics on my camera.......how I never saw or heard him I don't know......anyways........had to get a picture......

i-KXWBf7D-XL.jpg

i-c6FSj9H-XL.jpg

Always fun, and amaze at how well they walk in those things......we went on the Mummy after depositing my bag in a locker and despite planning to, never went through the regular line. It is such a well themed line, but to be honest, we like the EP and never having to queue for any length of time this trip.....so we did this 4 times and asked for the front every time......it`s definitely our favourite row. The back row gives you some more air time, but can land you back in your seat with a heck of a thump!! Although front left seat can do the same..........but, we come off and head further into the park.

We head for a bathroom visit and as we come out we see The Beat Builders being driven round to start their show......these guys are so cool!!!

i-GJjn5Fn-XL.jpg

Park really wasn't too busy today.......

i-b7zFHxt-XL.jpg

We watch Beat Builders for a bit, then wander round to the beautiful area that was once Amity.......although Potter is amazing I do remember how gorgeous Amity was when Jaws was still there, but, hey ho......least Bruce is still around for the proverbial photo op.......

i-qWWzKLj-XL.jpg

Today as we had plans for this afternoon, just planned a quick visit to DA and ride Gringotts before leaving the park. We have been here many times but still feel inspired to snap some pictures every time we visit.......well, can always miss something..........theming is over the top amazing!! I truly don't believe pictures do the whole areas justice.......

i-kQKrGZJ-XL.jpg

i-XTqxgdd-XL.jpg

We do Gringotts and again, do single rider and today we are sat in the same row together.......it does happen sometime you can be sat together, but we never expect it, single rider is just that. We have seen folks go in the single rider line with a group of people then complain to sit together........

Before we go we have a quick wander in KA..........

i-z2TfDbm-XL.jpg

i-44SrVXV-XL.jpg

i-hPTHHxG-XL.jpg

There`s always something new to see in here.....today I pointed out the changing sky to a family who hadn't noticed it.......always look up!!!

But, we wander out now and head to the front of the park.

i-B8DHCTh-XL.jpg

But, as we pass Richter Burger, well, the store, we pop in to buy water and see these little items........

i-DjzqdJH-XL.jpg

i-4DVK5nB-XL.jpg

i-69NCfg6-XL.jpg

Yes, I now have minion oven gloves and various accessories.......I really am not a shopper.......lol........

i-49DFM6S-XL.jpg

We now, laden with bags decide to walk back to the hotel, although we do see a boat when we get there and decide to take it.....it`s hot again........we are back to our room in no time and we quickly shower, change and head out for lunch.

We are going to Duffy`s Sports Bar, near Mall at Millenia......we have seen it many times and only through asking a friend who lives locally what it was like and she did say it was decent. So that was the plan today.

Only takes a few minutes to drive there...........

i-6F7DdjR-XL.jpg

There`s a bunch of really friendly staff waiting inside and ask if we would like to sit in the bar or have a table, we definitely want a table today......I can see this place buzzing at night......really good atmosphere. We get seated and have a read of the menu.....while Tom snaps pictures.........

i-m7dFtvF-XL.jpg

i-cN9bnLS-XL.jpg

i-QC4MKd9-XL.jpg

i-NWMGK2M-XL.jpg

It`s a fairly busy place for lunch, but service is excellent.......we finally end up ordering a burger without cheese and added jalapenos for me with sweet potato fries, and wings and ribs for Tom.......and a lemonade and a sprite.......

i-SVzgjrK-XL.jpg

i-48K4rwm-XL.jpg

The food was gorgeous!!! Everything was cooked as we like it, and the wings had just the right amount of spice, although we can always eat hotter.......but nice. We decided next year we`ll definitely add this to a night time visit as I think it`ll be a fun place to go.

We sit for 10 minutes or so despite being offered various desserts, some of which even I was tempted.....but we pay the check and head off to go on The Orlando Eye again.

Last edited:
It only takes 10 minutes or so to drive to the Eye from just outside Mall at Millenia, very quick drive.

There is a decent sized multi storey car park at this complex and it`s free, which is always nice. There`s a few things at the complex to do including Madame Tussauds, a little Sealife thing, Skeleton museum and some fun things for kids to do. There`s a decent selection of restaurants too including Yard House, Sugar Factory, Outback Steakhouse, Shake Shack, Carrabbas, Buffalo Wild Wings, a Portuguese restaurant and a sushi place. There`s also some little ice cream places and things like Walgreens........so all in all it`s a decent place to visit for an afternoon or an evening.

We get parked easily as it`s just not busy. And it`s incredibly hot so I don't go take any pictures of the Eye as I don't want to walk in the heat at the moment as it`s blisteringly hot......so I pop my hat on and we walk straight into the main building where everything is located, including a rather nice looking food court. I noticed it as I was heading to the rest rooms before embarking on this adventure. And for me it is kind of an adventure, as I am terrified of heights.......I can watch people up high and get sweaty palms just looking at them......can`t watch people walk across those weird scary bridges you see in some places in far away countries.......so just getting me up there is a feat. But I do it. A bit like when I had a fear of coasters, you have to just do it or regret it forever.

i-DwfC67j-XL.jpg

i-MF34FQ4-XL.jpg

i-n5LJNbW-XL.jpg

i-qtwRHVk-XL.jpg

We have our tickets and we head through and pass the photographer who tries to sell you the pictures....it`s a green screen and at the end in the gift shop you get to buy.......we`re really not interested in those, so we pass by as he has someone already there.......he does shout us and asks do we really want to miss an exciting picture.......we laugh and say yep, we`re good.........you then go into an audiotorium and watch a movie about what is going on around Orlando, rather noticeably there isn't a single mention of a Mouse. This show only lasts 5 minutes or so, but enough time I can get nervous........I know it`s safe, I understand the physics of how it works, but still, its high.

The staff are great here......very friendly and seem to have a 6th sense when they see someone nervous. The fact that it`s quiet suits me better......last time we were here we got a capsule to ourselves, and I hoped that would be the same again.......there are 2 ladies in front of us and I see them get on one and the doors close, so happily I know we will be on our own. It`s never fun if you have a panic attack in front of others. But, one lady offers to take our picture and asks if I can manage a smile or two.........I really did look nervous. Funny thing is once I`m up there I`m usually fine.

i-hNtWcFh-XL.jpg

love the Engineering side of it though.........

i-swX4q6g-XL.jpg

So we get in and I immediately sit in the middle and cling on the centre pole.........like that's going to save me......meanwhile Tom snaps pictures and yep, rather predictably takes them of me too.........

i-SmqqM25-XL.jpg

i-T3xvNjX-XL.jpg

So Tom takes this picture of me, then asks can I try and look happy about being there.......oh dear......

i-CJn5zJS-XL.jpg

Smiling, but still clinging on!!!!

i-zC968j2-XL.jpg

I do get a bit more comfortable, but cant do anything without clinging to something......Tom does test me and actually rather unusually asks me to take a picture of him......not easy with one hand........Photo has disappeared thanks again to PB.

It is so gentle of a movement going around on the Eye.......it is fun and the view on a clear day is tremendous.....today is slightly cloudy but you can still see a fair distance especially from the top.......

i-jC28FwH-XL.jpg

i-jRd8g99-XL.jpg

i-Ck73BnF-XL.jpg

i-c8bdc8h-XL.jpg

i-nZ6jnpQ-XL.jpg

i-3Dd9vq8-XL.jpg

I do start to feel better as we head back down the way........

i-8zdK79X-XL.jpg

i-TZGhWPK-XL.jpg

i-q2PQHpQ-XL.jpg

Now it was time to get off I was really happy!! We love the Eye and it has an amazing view and well worth doing.......I recently did the London Eye and the pods are bigger. We shared that with around 15 other people and I did have a little moment up there, too much moving around and of course if you have no issues with heights people will lean against windows and doors and have no concept of how scary that is to someone who`s legs go to jelly seeing that.....was good though. Seeing London all lit up at night is truly spectacular. Cold though in November.

We came through the doors and the guy mentioned I looked much happier........lol.......I was. We thanked them and went into the gift shop........didn't see anything we really wanted to buy, so we didn't. We didn't spend a lot of time in the complex as there isn't really anything else there we want to do......our Eye tickets were $20 or so each, there are offers if you want to do the other things too, but didn't pay any attention to them.

So, we got back in the car and drove to one of my favourite little stores...........Bed Bath and Beyond.

We pick up so much stuff in this store it`s scary........one of the things we love is the 1000 count sheets you can buy.....we can get them in the UK but it`s easier over here. They are gorgeous, and we like these ones from here......I have no clue if there are better brands, but these we like. This year we were only shopping for us too. We did plan on just looking today..............................................................................

Well, the best laid plans........at this rate we were going to have to get a new suitcase. So that's what we did. Got a new suitcase and would just have to pay for it. We got 1 23KG each and 10kg hand luggage free, but when we got back to the hotel I would go online and pay for a third suitcase to go on the plane........problem solved. Tom at this point was bemused.......especially as I claim not be a shopper!! I just hoped the suitcases we already had wouldn't be too much over the 23kg.

So with the car filled up with "stuff" we headed back to the hotel and noticed the rain was now on......we had seen it come from Epcot area and hit us quickly when it did hit......so Tom dropped me off at the hotel door with our haul for the day and parked the car. He didn't get too wet........up to room and we really did wonder where everything was going to go.......

But, it was now around 4.30 and we wanted to shower and get changed and have a drink in the lounge before we went out tonight.......no driving for us as we were going to The Palm at the HRH. We were so looking forward to this meal tonight.

Last edited:
We take half an hour or so then get showered and changed before going up to the lounge for some wine......always a nice experience and tonight it`s fairly quiet.......I didn't look to see what the food was tonight as we didn't even plan to snack as we wanted to enjoy our dinner fully hungry........so a couple of glasses of wine and we were done.

One of the girls in the lounge had booked the table for us, just in case. We don't usually make any reservations whatsoever but they were right, the restaurant was busy.

The rain was ploughing down and there was lightning still around so we knew there would be no boats running, so we went down to where the cars are and asked for an ODC to take us to the HRH. This is free between hotels for hotel guests......they take your name and room number and you`re good to go......apart from a tip to the driver of course. I know some people mentioned they don't tip in this instance, but we couldn't not tip.

Doesn't take long to get to the HRH. I always say I don't like this hotel, and although I have no desire to stay there and I still don't love the place, it`s nice and we adore The Palm. It does have a very nice entrance area.......

i-mqpNsMv-XL.jpg

i-nLK3rDZ-XL.jpg

i-Pgwx6jf-XL.jpg

i-w4kWsdh-XL.jpg

i-KNs2CVM-XL.jpg

Before we went in we did wander around and get some pictures of the hotel and pool area......I do have to say their poolside food is excellent......it`s been a while since we have gone, but it was lovely.

i-tHkZnQb-XL.jpg

i-73HhrGs-XL.jpg

And they have one of the nicest ladies restrooms around.....

i-XxfvbPD-XL.jpg

i-hVpLK8C-XL.jpg

It`s now just about time for our reservation, so we head in to the restaurant........I see the bar area and swear blind I don't remember seeing it before......Tom said it has always been there........

i-znn95Cw-XL.jpg

i-KM7QGw4-XL.jpg

The restaurant itself is very nice, and quite noisy, so not conducive to romantic dinners for 2, but lovely all the same......we get seated in a nice booth and are given wine and food menu`s.

i-8GkMTHT-XL.jpg

i-TCzKdz8-XL.jpg

We got some water and they brought some bread and asked about any allergies and then I chose the wine........never been a believer in if you are eating steak you should always have red.......I wanted white tonight and knew exactly what wine we would have.......

i-g5n4rzr-XL.jpg

I did like again, the wine waiter asked if I would like to try, only reasonable since I chose it I suppose. But some places still ask the man to taste.....Tom doesnt like that old fashioned attitude from some waiters, so he always tells them to have me taste or try. But, anyway I knew this was a nice wine and declined to taste, told him I was sure it would be fine.......it was.

i-Vx2htmD-XL.jpg

By now we have decided, I was having the Shrimp Bruno and Tom was having Scallops wrapped in bacon as appetisers, for Entrees I was going for the 9oz filet and Tom had the 14oz NY strip, mine medium rare and Tom`s was medium. We both opted for the potato gratin and it was all delicious........

The scallops came with a strong balsamic reduction which wasn't really needed........scallops don't need much doing to them at all.......so he tried a little of it, but didn't eat anything of it.......the scallops and shrimp were lush!!!

i-HQKM3hT-XL.jpg

i-dWWLbTx-XL.jpg

In between the appetisers I brought out my Clinique lipstick for some reason.......I don't usually do that, but anyway, I dropped it on the floor and couldn't see it.........Tom tried to get it and pushed it further under.......so, we kinda stepped out from the table and our waiter looked appalled to see us pull the table away from the chairs........lol.......the manager appeared and we told her about the lipstick.......she said oh you have to get it.......now there was 2 guys sat at the booth beside us......we had smiled at them when we sat down and they looked nice.......immediately one fo the couple got up and said he would get it for me after all a lady needs a lipstick.........what a gentleman.......he got down on his knees there and then and retrieved the offending lipstick from the back of beyond under the bench.........I was so grateful!!!!

We put the table back together much to the relief of our waiter.........the manager was so nice too about it.......we chatted some more to the couple and again thanked him.....not many folks would do that.

At that our steaks arrived and they looked gorgeous.......my steaks always look so small in pictures......and it was a decent size.......and both were gorgeous.......cooked to perfection. Tom`s was probably slightly rarer than we would have chosen, but he loved it........I always know when he is reluctant to share how good something is as he shares everything.........

i-6h43CVG-XL.jpg

i-GmPxVqr-XL.jpg

i-8ntCVdR-XL.jpg

The food was top notch. Everything was as it should be for such a restaurant.........we definitely planned next year we will come back here....we had forgotten how nice it was in here.

Tom wanted dessert.........I was too full and apart from key lime pie I wouldn't have chosen anything......maybe the crème brulee......but anyway Tom chose the key lime pie with I think Blueberry compote.......I did steal a little off the end and it was nice, I could have eaten it all!!!

i-7H346Bx-XL.jpg

We got up to leave after we paid and again thanked the 2 guys who retrieved my lipstick........always love talking to folks.....they came from San Francisco which is somewhere Tom wants to go someday........I think they sold it to him...........but we said our goodbyes to them and went through to the bar for a nightcap........we spoke to the manager at this point and asked if we could buy the 2 guys a drink as a thank you......she said of course we could. So we paid for their next 2 drinks as they were having beers I think.........she said what a nice thing to do........it was nothing really.

So, we sat at the bar and then headed out to get an ODC..........the rain was well off by now, but we chose convenience of the car as opposed to going for the boats........bit lazy I suppose but so handy.

Again they took our name and room number at our hotel and we were off..........as we drove towards the hotel on the main road a group of Brits ran out in front of the car.......couldn't believe it, we were glad of our seatbelts.......then one of them starting gesturing to our driver he was in the wrong which he definitely wasn't .......fortunately he just drove off, but could have been very unpleasant.

Gave the driver a tip and we spoke briefly to the guy in charge of the valet service.......we knew his brother a few years ago when he worked in the lounge......so we asked him to send our best wishes to him........then we head straight up to our room as we are tired.

Not sure how we managed it, but it was 11.30pm. Dinner was very relaxed which was lovely, and we just had a mellow time in the bar afterwards, but we were still surprised it was so late.

We hit our bed and never heard a thing till morning.

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER.........

Today was going to be a very relaxing one........we had a busy couple of days coming up so as we were feeling a little bit tired already we decided to take it easy and not spend the whole day rushing around.......in saying that we were awake early again.......I would love to be able to sleep late, but it just didn't happen....

We Skyped Kyle early today and then went for breakfast......we were on slow motion today and even Lyanne in the lounge mentioned we looked a bit tired....we certainly felt it today.......but we kept going as we were acutely aware of how fast this trip was coming to a close.......we tried to put it out of our mind but we knew the next few days would be eventful.

This was our very strange encounter morning. A lady and her family were staying for 2 nights started chatting and said they were really "Disney" people......what does that even mean!!!! And she felt they were cheating on Disney by being here.......I never understand that thinking in people and we see it mentioned often on posts on here......as I said don't quite understand why folks would even begin to think that??? Weird. Told her I hoped they enjoyed their time at Universal and she said well it`s not going to be Disney is it.......couldn't help myself......I said to her no, Universal is a million times better than Disney.......lol.......didn't go down well. I left at that point.

We went for the boat today as we were going to the Studios today and it felt quite cool around 8.30.......I was disappointed as I adored that sizzling hot feeling when you walked out of the air conditioned buildings........but it did heat up in no time at all. As we walked on to the boat we saw this little guy mooching around........I`m not a fan of things that swim in water that I can`t eat, but this little guy was cute

We had only a few companions on the boat today and apart from one very, very excited little 4 year old.......it was a quiet ride.......it was quiet going in today.......

We go straight to Despicable Me this morning and yep, always enjoy walking straight on. No pics this morning as we don't plan to be here long........we go over and do Shrek. We hadn't done this yet this trip, we do enjoy it but it`s not an every day visit. Again, always fun and I resist buying anything from the store as we exit........haven't got a Donkey anymore.

We go on RRR and one of our favourite TM is working today........he says before we even ask....The Front row......right......yep, that would be great.....the front is smoother than the back and we always ask for it, I do not mind how long we have to wait, it`s not usually long though. We do this 4 times today before I think I still want to do The Mummy........

Looking forward to seeing this finished.......

Park seemed really quiet at this moment....

We hit The Mummy and do this 4 or 5 times.........so much for a quick visit today. This ride has got to be one of the best around.....it`s not the tallest nor the fastest but the theming is spectacular and the storyline from beginning to end is top notch and really hard to beat on anything I`ve ever seen. And so much fun.

This is outside the store that has specifically opened up for HHN.......cute little store that had models of Michael Myers and some scary characters......merchandise was same as elsewhere......one of the staff members son worked HHN and he was in one of the houses, and he was keen to tell us about how much him and his son love HHN. And I think it shows with the TM here that they enjoy what they do.

We wander down to Delancey Street and Tom wants to do TF.....not a ride I particularly like, but I go on with him as it`s nice to do rides together......but of course we snap some pictures....

i-73fpbwq-XL.jpg

i-jrGDVdv-XL.jpg

i-tZ8vtRK-XL.jpg

So we did Transformers and it wasn't half bad actually.......Tom loves these movies and I don't but it`s nice to do rides together rather than me wait outside.....but we only did it once as he doesn't feel the need to do this ride more than once a visit.......

i-KLtf7wk-XL.jpg

we now wander over and are in time for Horror Make up Show......this is so much fun and the waiting area itself is worth a visit. Lots of props and old pictures of actors getting make up put on and a few other unusual pictures.....think I posted them in previous trip reports.......we enjoy the show as always, although there must have been a few Disney folks in as some didn't laugh at the Disney joke......always funny no matter how many times you hear it......lol.......I think she recognised this too!!

We had planned to leave the park and go eat lunch at the Bula Bar today then have some pool time, but we had stayed later than we thought and we were hungry. So Simpson`s area it was for us today. Food here is decent, only bad thing we had was the burger and we took it back and they happily replaced it for something else......but pizza, wraps, salad, shrimp and chicken thumbs were a success. Today I was planning on having chicken and waffles and Tom opted for the chicken drummers in bbq sauce with tator tots.......they were delicious I have to say.....he really enjoyed them.

I had taken macraven`s advice and asked for extra maple mayo in a little pot.....was a good idea as it was delicious....the chicken was tasty and fresh, by the time I reached the second waffle it was hard and inedible.....but by that time I had eaten enough.....it`s a very filling dish.......especially with the delicious tator tots.......

While we were sitting a lady came in and stopped suddenly and looked at me smiling......I actually thought we had taken her table or something and was about to apologise.......she said it`s Carole......oh I know you from the dis.......lol......she had read the trip reports and that was one of the reasons they had booked RPR.........that's always nice to hear......she was there with her husband and 2 kids......her name was Katie and she was a really nice lady.....we chatted for a bit and she said they were going to HHN next night, her kids were teens and were looking forward to it......I really hope they enjoyed it........I was glad she stopped to say hello as I always enjoy chatting to folks. I don't think I asked her dis name, probably should have........but hope she`s reading this one too.........

After lunch my camera gave up on me. Another one. I am so unlucky with camera`s.........I got this picture of the food and it just went. Had been plodding along for a while this one to be honest......but we had 3 cameras with us and the only one we bring today gives up!!

So pool afternoon cancelled.........we head to Best Buys for a new one.......I could just use the other 2, but one is the big one of Tom`s that`s annoying to carry, and the other one is a fabulous cool pix one.....tiny, but again I had got the one that is moody. So, as I hadn't got anything from Tiffany for my birthday I said to Tom why don't I get a new camera......he thinks that's a good idea, so we walk back to the hotel and freshen up before heading for Best Buy.

I had planned to just get a cheaper one around $150, but when we saw them they weren't great. We didn't need another all singing all dancing one as we had Tom`s for that......but I did want a decent one.......so we looked all around and finally I chose this one.......and honestly it wasn't for the colour..........

When I see something I like I know it straight away.........so again, another easy purchase and we leave happy with what I got.........it`s early so we have a quick mooch into Mall at Millenia again.......now, I think, what if I see something in Tiffany now.......lol.......I say we wont go in, but we do......but, again I really don't see anything that makes me want to buy it.........so, we wander around and have a coffee and sit for a while watching the day to day life in the Mall.

There are some lovely stores here and we could wander around for hours......and rather unusually we don't buy anything today.......except.......we do pass the Godiva store and I really fancy the strawberries......they are huge and look so sweet, so we get 3 one with white choc coating and 2 with milk for Tom..........the chocolate was nice I have to say.....but the fruit was delicious..........now I`m craving fresh strawberries.

We did think of going to Wholefoods or just Walmart, but to be honest we were too lazy.......now we just wanted to go back to the room, play with the camera and get ready for tonight. That`s what we did......Tom got to play with the camera first as he is better at setting these things up than I am..........then we got showered and changed and headed up to the Club Lounge........none of us were driving so we could both enjoy some wines tonight.

Tonight we were using the very kind invitation to eat in the Islands.

Last edited:
We had made a quick laundry stop today and just got a few items we wanted to wear again washed and dried, and unfortunately had to iron them.......so that should see us till end of our trip with clothes, well, we hoped so........

We went up to the lounge and our favourite guy Bryson was working........so we chatted to him and a couple of others. You do get to know them so well when you stay so long, and of course get your favourites. They are all lovely, but you do make connections with some more than others......so sitting chatting and getting to know them all is a lovely way to spend an hour or so. And our wine glasses never get the chance to be empty which is wonderful service.

We go down to the Islands about 6.30. We know there is a character dinner tonight and we found out in the Lounge it was a minion, not Gru tonight......which is a shame as Gru was fabulous last year......interaction was amazing and he was so funny......but a minion would be good fun too.

We get seated and our waiter comes over and we show him we have the voucher for dinner, we just have to add whatever wine charges we have........we get 2 soft drinks and look over the menu and the wine list, which isn't extensive but most people could get something off of it.

We do order a bottle of white and then peruse the Islands Dinner menu.........

I can always choose a decent bottle of wine........

We see a minion almost immediately in the distance.......

Our waiter comes back and asks if we have decided yet.......I had spoken to him about allergies and he assured me the chef had checked and I could order what I wanted to order......so I was happy with that.......he did ask if I wanted to speak with the chef personally but I was good with what he told me.

We ordered Chicken Yakatori and crab Rangoon for appetisers, and for entrees Tom went for the ribs and I opted for the steak served rare for tonight........I`m so fussy with steak and hoped it would be just prefect........

i-Wd6CdHS-XL.jpg

i-bXZNTgW-XL.jpg

The minion made a lovely kissing sound so of course I had to reciprocate..........he was so cute.........we took loads of pictures and some were a little blurry including one of me dancing with him

i-3xgD8Zp-XL.jpg

They do spend loads of time with each table......and I knew he would be back later.....they do stints of around 20-30 minutes then go away, but do come back.........meanwhile our appetisers had arrived just in nice time......

They were really nice.......chicken was moist, tasty and very hot........maybe could be doing with a little more sauce on them, but they were nice.....Tom`s crab Rangoon were different to what we expected.......but again, straight form the kitchen so they were spitting hot and very tasty.........we hadn't eaten a lot of the bread they bring, but that was nice too.......

We were enjoying the wine also, and so far it had been a lovely evening......who doesn't love dancing with a minion........

Our entrees arrived and they looked delicious.........I think Tom picked the winner.....

My steak was indeed rare........it was gorgeous!! And everything on the plates were delicious......but Tom`s ribs had it all.......sweet, spicy and fall off the bone perfect.........I did stela a rib and he got a bit of my steak which was slightly too rare for him, but he said it tasted lovely.........

I was so glad we had come to eat here, it wasn't busy which was a good thing as you got more time with the minion......

Then weird thing happened. Tom made a quick comment about my friend who had passed earlier in the year.........we spoke briefly of her then we changed the subject to when the minion would be back........all of a sudden my water glass shattered in the middle of the table! No one had touched it and nothing clinked against it.......we just kinda looked at each other and said she was annoyed we had stopped talking about her.......she did like to hold court. Anyway our waiter appeared and began clearing it up and moved us to a booth while it was sorted........I just said she wouldn't have shattered the wine glass as she enjoyed wine too........lol.......it was just a little odd.

So we move to the booth and we order our dessert.......coconut ice cream for me and a chocolate something or other for Tom.........the ice cream is a side to another dessert, but you can just ask for it on it`s own.......

i-rrKSvFz-XL.jpg

Not the greatest pictures, but the chocolate dessert was as small as it looked........he was expecting something more I think, but he enjoyed it.........my ice cream was gorgeous as always........

It`s such a nice restaurant and again we will be interested to see how the refurb goes for here too......and the booth is so comfy.......

Our minion was back in and had come around for a hug before he left......and of course couldn`t leave without a final wave........it`s so weird as I get so excited to see some characters, almost childlike but I didn't care.......I was having fun........

Once the minion had left we were finished too.........we had enjoyed a lovely meal here tonight, but it was only 8pm......so we paid the bill for what just was the wine, but we tipped on what would have been the cost of the whole meal. Wouldn`t skimp on the tip ever.

We went straight up to The Club Lounge and thanked Bryson profusely for arranging for us to have this dinner tonight, he was just glad we enjoyed it so much.........we had a coffee a quickly looked at the desserts on offer tonight......they did look nice but we were full......and lounge was lovely and quiet tonight again.....

i-DzNrkwP-XL.jpg

i-MNwR4Jz-XL.jpg

We don't stay long, we really only wanted to thank Bryson for such a lovely meal, so we took our coffee and went to our room to get changed and have a an hour in the pool.......it was a bit rushed but it was such a nice evening and we didn't really want to do anything else......lazing in a pool lounger sounded good about now.........

So that's what we did.........can`t remember what movie was on but we didn't really watch it........had a couple of soft drinks and sat till they blew the whistle........the pool was almost empty at times which was nice, but enough people around that it didn't feel too lonely.........

It did feel a little cooler tonight, but certainly not cold. Back in the room we watched some TV and then flopped asleep around 11. We had a couple of busy days ahead and a nice surprise coming up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter