Does everyone know your name??? 18 nights at RPR & HHN....A 2016 Trip Report......

I'm the same, don't really have a sweet tooth....given the choice I'll have savoury foods anytime.......

Glad you stopped by before your trip...........sounds fun!!! Hope you have a great time........:wave2:

Great report. love seeing all the different places you have been.

Do you take cabs when you venture off-site? Are they reasonable?

We have been debating doing a week at RPR instead of the 4 day cruise and were just curious about the expense of travelling off-site.

Great report. love seeing all the different places you have been.

Do you take cabs when you venture off-site? Are they reasonable?

We have been debating doing a week at RPR instead of the 4 day cruise and were just curious about the expense of travelling off-site.

We drive ourselves everywhere daytime usually but, if we are both going to have a drink going out for dinner at night we always use the On Demand Cars that are waiting outside........they have a flat charge for $20 plus tip one way, for the distances we usually go.........from the hotel to the Eye was that price and same charge to restaurants we go to on Sand Lake Road. The drivers give us their number and we call them, or pre arrange them to come back for us and it's the same charge again.

I believe regular cabs are a bit cheaper.

Glad you're enjoying reading Seeker........:thumbsup2

Last edited:
What?!? Not a fan of cold pizza?:faint: Lol

So many great pics, especially the scareactors near Lombard's. Didn't get enough time to really check things out there. We had so much fun 'playing' with Chance, liked the football scare zone too. I've never eaten @ lombard's, always wind up @ finnegans. The French dip caught my eye on the menu but it appears to be all bread.:confused3

Honestly, you had more than your share of really odd things happen this trip. The story re the gent and his drawers was a bit unsettling, poor guy.

Loving the pictures from outside the Universe too. Not sure why I am but surprised to see a winery in the area. My uneducated palate would love that sort of sweet stuff, may have to put it on the to-do list haha

Trying to get caught up-still have 3 pages to go. LOVE your TR! You two always look like you are having so much fun! And you DH manages to get such fun pics of you with the scares LOL.
Have to say we love the Red Lobster biscuits too. Make our own version at home. We live in Brad Pitt's hometown-the joke around here is Red Lobster is the place to go if you are celebrating something - even Brad has been known to show up at Red Lobster from time to time with his family (although haven't heard of him being in town since his marriage).

The Orlando eye looks like a neat attraction, thanks for showing other areas of interest nice to see. It is nice to know if you don't rent a car there is easy options available from the resort. We are thinking of staying longer at RPR are next visit so this is helpful!

What?!? Not a fan of cold pizza?:faint: Lol

So many great pics, especially the scareactors near Lombard's. Didn't get enough time to really check things out there. We had so much fun 'playing' with Chance, liked the football scare zone too. I've never eaten @ lombard's, always wind up @ finnegans. The French dip caught my eye on the menu but it appears to be all bread.:confused3

Honestly, you had more than your share of really odd things happen this trip. The story re the gent and his drawers was a bit unsettling, poor guy.

Loving the pictures from outside the Universe too. Not sure why I am but surprised to see a winery in the area. My uneducated palate would love that sort of sweet stuff, may have to put it on the to-do list haha

Lol.......I know........what am I like!! Always hated cold pizza and could heave when I see anyone eat it for breakfast.........:blush:

Yes the French dip from Lombards was the worst one he ever tasted.......he loves those sandwiches but not from there.......

I did think about posting about the older man, it was sad as clearly there was something seriously amiss with him. Yes, felt sorry for him.

You know we've spoke about wine before and you mentioned liking a particular wine, well, there was one that was very like it........so you probably would like some of them.......I did not enjoy them......lol.......

Glad you're still enjoying it and hope the cold is on the mend by now........:thumbsup2

Trying to get caught up-still have 3 pages to go. LOVE your TR! You two always look like you are having so much fun! And you DH manages to get such fun pics of you with the scares LOL.
Have to say we love the Red Lobster biscuits too. Make our own version at home. We live in Brad Pitt's hometown-the joke around here is Red Lobster is the place to go if you are celebrating something - even Brad has been known to show up at Red Lobster from time to time with his family (although haven't heard of him being in town since his marriage).

Thanks MonyK!!!! Glad you're enjoying reading along..........yep, he really caught me good in some pictures.......lol.......yep, we do have the best time together.......

Oh how interesting with Brad Pitt.........glad to know he likes RL too.......now I don't feel so bad about enjoying it,......some folks always seem to joke about it.........:D

I have to say I'm quite sad Kyle wasn't on this trip. Tom apparently tried to keep us dessert lovers in mind, but nothing close to what chocolate loving Kyle is able to do for us all:tongue:
Here's hoping he gets a marvelous job using his impressive degree and can take us all along on a fab vacation with yummy treats to tempt us all.
Really though, loving your report so far, despite an absence of chocolate cake.

The Orlando eye looks like a neat attraction, thanks for showing other areas of interest nice to see. It is nice to know if you don't rent a car there is easy options available from the resort. We are thinking of staying longer at RPR are next visit so this is helpful!

The Eye is fun, no doubt about it.......and so close to Universal really........

Yes, lots of options if you don't have a car. Oh definitely stay longer........::yes:: thanks for the compliments, nice to know.........

I'm still here and and loving every post!!

:wave2:..........nice to see you.......glad you're still with us and enjoying it!!

I have to say I'm quite sad Kyle wasn't on this trip. Tom apparently tried to keep us dessert lovers in mind, but nothing close to what chocolate loving Kyle is able to do for us all:tongue:
Here's hoping he gets a marvelous job using his impressive degree and can take us all along on a fab vacation with yummy treats to tempt us all.
Really though, loving your report so far, despite an absence of chocolate cake.

Lol...... Yes, we missed him so much......and yes, Tom did try but didn't quite keep up the standard.........although Cheesecake Factory and a certain chocolate dessert does make an appearance soon......::yes::

So glad to hear you're still enjoying reading.......and thank you for saying so.......:wave2:

I'm reading along. It's a great trip report and I'm noting down the names of some of the places that you ate at, like Teak, so we can try them out ourselves when we are there. Reading your report is making me very excited!! ;-)

Lol.......I know........what am I like!! Always hated cold pizza and could heave when I see anyone eat it for breakfast.........:blush:

Yes the French dip from Lombards was the worst one he ever tasted.......he loves those sandwiches but not from there.......

I did think about posting about the older man, it was sad as clearly there was something seriously amiss with him. Yes, felt sorry for him.

You know we've spoke about wine before and you mentioned liking a particular wine, well, there was one that was very like it........so you probably would like some of them.......I did not enjoy them......lol.......

Glad you're still enjoying it and hope the cold is on the mend by now........:thumbsup2
Still sound like a frog but getting there, thanks!

Found a bottle of reisling type in cupboard when cleaning, left over from the mixed case I picked up pre Thanksgiving last year. Wonder if it's still drinkable (screw on cap & all lol)

Still can't get over that French dip. Was it on focaccia bread?o_O

Cheesecake sounds heavenly right now.:D

I'm reading along. It's a great trip report and I'm noting down the names of some of the places that you ate at, like Teak, so we can try them out ourselves when we are there. Reading your report is making me very excited!! ;-)

:welcome: Zosha............glad you're enjoying reading my little musings..........I'm sure you'll love Teak.....one of the better "local" places to go.........:thumbsup2

Still sound like a frog but getting there, thanks!

Found a bottle of reisling type in cupboard when cleaning, left over from the mixed case I picked up pre Thanksgiving last year. Wonder if it's still drinkable (screw on cap & all lol)

Still can't get over that French dip. Was it on focaccia bread?o_O

Cheesecake sounds heavenly right now.:D

It was supposed to be Rosemary Focaccia........he couldn't taste anything really.........he was glad of the jus!

Nothing wrong with screw tops :thumbsup2.....used to be looked down on, especially by so called wine snobs.....but now and for a good few years, winemakers are using screwtops more and more........no more corked wines!! But will question Riesling........:rotfl:JK.......there's some decent rieslings out there........

Yep, cheesecake sounds good about right now! Glad you're on the mend...........:goodvibes

Hurray for a new trip report! Always enjoy yours!

:welcome: Owlpost...........nice to have you join along.........Thanks......glad to know you're enjoying reading...........:)

Will be a gap of maybe a week or so before next chapter.......off to London for a few days, then have a weekend away with some of my friend who died friends.........we are all getting together with her husband and kids in a remote place in a huge house the middle of nowhere.........should be fun!

See you when I get back.............:wave2:

Well Carole...another terrific trip report as always. Thanks for including me that night at HHN. It was a lot of fun but hotter than all get-out. Nice to hear you talking about Teak...I haven't been there for a while but really enjoy RusTeak...don't forget that place...you know...near Cuba? ;)

I have been trolling Ocoee and Apopka's local restaurants and have several recommendations for next year. Sounds like you missed the most fun place in Mt. Dora...Rennigers...it's a huge flea market open on weekends. We should go one weekend when you're down next year.

Enjoyed reading your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter