Dole Whip - I've been missing out

sounds good, We'll have to finally try these sometime. And we'll also have to try the turkey legs!

I've tried them both, the coconut rum one is where it's at :lovestruc last trip my husband got a dark rum one and he kept trying to steal bites of my coconut rum dole whip! Haha

I prefer the dark, but I am not a big fan of coconut rum. The macademia nut rum that they had at Flower & Garden in Epcot was awesome. We even tried to buy some of the rum here but couldn't find any in town:(

I had a Dole Whip for the first time two Mondays ago and it almost helped me forget that I couldn't go to Florean Fortescue's at Universal! I thought that it probably wouldn't live up to the hype, but I was so wrong! I tried it at AK too but found that it was icy instead of creamy, more like a sorbet. I don't think I even finished half of that one.

I prefer the dark, but I am not a big fan of coconut rum. The macademia nut rum that they had at Flower & Garden in Epcot was awesome. We even tried to buy some of the rum here but couldn't find any in town:(

Oh man, macadamia nut rum sounds amazing. That's on my list to try next year at F&G!

Do they have Dole whip and floats at Aulani? What about Dole plantation? I've heard mixed reviews about visiting the plantation, but as long as I can get my float, I'd be ok!!

Do they have Dole whip and floats at Aulani? What about Dole plantation? I've heard mixed reviews about visiting the plantation, but as long as I can get my float, I'd be ok!!

We really liked the plantation in Oahu. You must do the Pineapple Express. It's not exciting, but it's like doing Dumbo, Carousel of Progress, Tiki Room, or the WDW Railroad. Here's the menu. They only have pineapple flavor, but they do have floats and even a split, whatever that is. The dole whip there is really good. If you like pineapple, they have a lot of good pineapple hard candy in the gift shop too.

http://www.dole-plantation.com/plantation-grille

We haven't been to Aulani, but I think this is the place that has the dole whip. It doesn't say anything about floats though.

https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/dining/lava-shack/

It was served last year at the Pineapple Promenade stand which is between World Showcase and Future World. I think it's near Refreshment Port.

We've been the past two years during F&G but somehow I never got that dole whip :sad2: so sad. Last year I think I remember seeing the booth in passing towards the end of the day, but I was 6 months out from bariatric surgery and had run out of stomach room :laughing: we'll be back for F&G in 2017 so I'll definitely have to make it a priority!!

I discovered it AFTER reading about it here back in 08 or 09, I forget, anyway, I tried it and loved it. I Never miss getting one ( or 2, or 3, or,... ) now.

Count me in on trying the rum in the Dole Whip. I take it that it's ONLY Tamu Tamu where this option is available?

I'm not sure when I first heard about Dole Whip in the parks but it was years ago. I never had any interest in trying it, even though I LOVE pineapple, because I assumed it would be too sweet and I'm not particularly fond of pineapple juice.

I tried it last week for the first time and boy, have I been missing out all these years. Now it will be a must have every trip. I may need to buy one every MK day to make up for all the years without.

Do they have the same Dole Whip at Poly? Is there anywhere else on property to get them?
I don't like them anymore since they stopped serving them with the vanilla ice cream. I thought the vanilla made it extra creamy and yummy. Not fond of it "straight"

Dole Whip is one of my favorite deserts at WDW. It's one of those things I try to have everytime I'm in Magic Kingdom. I can't find a good substitute at the Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt shops in my area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter