Dole Whip - I've been missing out

Disney's Vero Beach Resort serves Dole whip poolside. You can also get it twisted with vanilla. I'll be there in a week and I'm going to get one first thing!

It took me years to try it as well. I didn't think anything about it sounded that amazing. I finally tried the float a few years ago & fell in love! But now it seems the Poly is the only place that still serves the float with vanilla.

I found the pineapple juice w/pineapple soft serve to be way too much pineapple for my taste & I do enjoy the fruit.

How do you all order your Dole Whips? In all my years I've never had one. What are my options? What's the traditional Dole Whip?

I don't like them anymore since they stopped serving them with the vanilla ice cream. I thought the vanilla made it extra creamy and yummy. Not fond of it "straight"

A Dole Whip float with vanilla DW and pineapple juice was as near to snack perfection in the FL heat as you could get. And then they stopped making vanilla. What on earth? Why?? Pineapple on pineapple is honestly just too much pineapple. Of all the changes in the MK over the last several years - getting rid of Snow White, Mr. Toad, etc., this is the one that makes me the most sad! (Okay, maybe an exaggeration, but it's just inexplicable to me.)

I was confused when I went to get "Dole Whip" on my last trip. I walk up to the menu board and I think there were six different things with "Dole Whip" in the name. Which one is the Dole Whip that everyone talks about? I have no idea if I even ordered the correct thing.

As someone mentioned, you can sometimes find pineapple Dole Whip at frozen yogurt places. I think it's exactly the same thing that they serve at WDW - it tastes the same to me, anyways! It always gives me a fun little nostalgic moment when I eat it. Yum.

I was confused when I went to get "Dole Whip" on my last trip. I walk up to the menu board and I think there were six different things with "Dole Whip" in the name. Which one is the Dole Whip that everyone talks about? I have no idea if I even ordered the correct thing.

Usually people are talking about the pineapple flavor soft serve. As you noticed, there are other flavors, too - but since Dole is a pineapple company, the "classic" flavor is pineapple. That's my favorite!

Polynesian Resort Oct 2015 Resize Dole Whip.jpg
Disney's Vero Beach Resort serves Dole whip poolside. You can also get it twisted with vanilla. I'll be there in a week and I'm going to get one first thing!
Sounds YUMMY! Headed to Vero in May. Gotta love that dole whip!:laughing: Curious about the renovation project starting at the end of the month. Heard that it was starting at the Inn, then moving on eventually to the villas. If you get a minute, would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE a post if you hear anything around the resort about the renovation timeline. TIA!:goodvibes ENJOY Vero!::yes:::wave2:

Last edited:
View attachment 147841 Sounds YUMMY! Headed to Vero in May. Gotta love that dole whip!:laughing: Curious about the renovation project starting at the end of the month. Heard that it was starting at the Inn, then moving on eventually to the villas. If you get a minute, would VERY MUCH APPRECIATE a post if you hear anything around the resort about the renovation timeline. TIA!:goodvibes ENJOY Vero!::yes:::wave2:

Yes, I will find out whatever information I can, and post as soon as I get back home in about 10 days.

Sine we are not going to Animal Kingdom in December, and they don't serve dole whip in Epcot, is there any way I can buy a rum there and mix it? or maybe sneak it in in a flask lol

I’ve been hooked on Dole Whips since my first trip to Hawaii. My mom and I used to count down the days until vacation to eat them. Everywhere on the island we saw them, we stopped. No matter how full we were. Then Disney started serving them and I was a happy girl. My 1st trip to WDW last month was NOT going to be without a Dole Whip. I was not hungry at AK but that wasn’t stopping me from getting one and worth it. I will admit it does taste better in Hawaii (Probably all in my crazy head) but I still live for them. Cannot wait to get another in October. My friend has never had one. Oh is she in for a nice surprise.

I LOVE Dole Whip, but I love the lemon soft serve at the Refreshment Outpost near the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot perhaps even more!

Attachments

• IMG_7465.JPG
    IMG_7465.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7389.JPG
    IMG_7389.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter