Donald's Defiant Dashers 2013

:) It was a Runners World motivational poster a year ago or so. Some of them are funny!

Some day I shall be on FB. If nothing else, just so my friends stop nagging me. ;)

OK I will nag you too, Tanya! :hippie:

Hey everyone, sorry I have been MIA lately, life has been keeping me pretty busy. I am keeping up with my training, the Air Force half is a month away and am looking forward to my 11 days at WDW for the Wine & Dine. I spend last weekend at WDW with Debbie (I needed a re-charge). We stayed at Pop Century and got the chance to test the MagicBands, it was pretty cool. We reserved fastpass+ everyday while there. It was nice to pre-book a FP for Toy Story without racing the crowd to get a ticket in the AM. The best part was using a FP for the night shows at HS, MK & Illuminations, very good viewing areas. The test went seamless, but I could see mayhem if the computer hiccuped and they didn't work.
Oh, I almost forgot, we had a mini Duck meet last Friday at Team Mickey, Liz and I met up in the afternoon. Pictures are on FB, you should see them Tanya, they are really good;).
To everyone heading west next week for the DL races have a great time, I look forward to hearing about it.
Have a great week, Mighty Ducks!
Joe

OK I will nag you too, Tanya! :hippie:

Hey everyone, sorry I have been MIA lately, life has been keeping me pretty busy. I am keeping up with my training, the Air Force half is a month away and am looking forward to my 11 days at WDW for the Wine & Dine. I spend last weekend at WDW with Debbie (I needed a re-charge). We stayed at Pop Century and got the chance to test the MagicBands, it was pretty cool. We reserved fastpass+ everyday while there. It was nice to pre-book a FP for Toy Story without racing the crowd to get a ticket in the AM. The best part was using a FP for the night shows at HS, MK & Illuminations, very good viewing areas. The test went seamless, but I could see mayhem if the computer hiccuped and they didn't work.
Oh, I almost forgot, we had a mini Duck meet last Friday at Team Mickey, Liz and I met up in the afternoon. Pictures are on FB, you should see them Tanya, they are really good;).
To everyone heading west next week for the DL races have a great time, I look forward to hearing about it.
Have a great week, Mighty Ducks!
Joe

Hello Joe,

Question for you. I'm booked in to Shades for 2014 WDW weekend. I know they should have buses to the stating areas but I am not sure how reliable they are from Shades. Or should I just cross the street and hop on at Poly?

Have you ever stayed at Shades for a race weekend? Usually I'm at Riverside or Sports for a race.

Been missing out on time here Liz got me converted to the FB page so I am more apt to reply to things over there. I'll check back from time to time here. Hope everyone is doing great on their training. Temps starting to show small signs of fall here in North Central FL!! Yaaay. Can't wait to go outside on long runs.

Colleen

Hello Joe,

Question for you. I'm booked in to Shades for 2014 WDW weekend. I know they should have buses to the stating areas but I am not sure how reliable they are from Shades. Or should I just cross the street and hop on at Poly?

Have you ever stayed at Shades for a race weekend? Usually I'm at Riverside or Sports for a race.

Been missing out on time here Liz got me converted to the FB page so I am more apt to reply to things over there. I'll check back from time to time here. Hope everyone is doing great on their training. Temps starting to show small signs of fall here in North Central FL!! Yaaay. Can't wait to go outside on long runs.

Colleen

Colleen: I haven't stayed at Shades of Green, back when I was in the AF the resort was still the Disney Inn, it changed over to the DoD just before I got out.
I would imagine that the buses on race day will be a mess at SoG as any of the other resorts (am I right Augie?:laughing:).

Leaving for Dayton, Ohio tomorrow for this weekends Air Force half marathon and for some reason I have been having ankle pain. I'm not sure why but hopefully it works itself out soon.

Have a good weekend.
Joe

Hello Ducks, once again have not been on here much. I do see a lot of posts on fb from Liz and Joe, i will have to sign up for the runDisney group. Have been pretty busy, but did a half last weekend, and surprisingly, (as I have not been doing that much running) did really well. All of my Dis Halfs have been in the 1:50 zone, so was real happy with a 1:45, even more so as it was a sort of hilly course. Nothing steep, but a lot of long gradual ups, and not many downs.

Good luck to all who are at the ToT this weekend! See you in January!

Helloooo??? Anybody around?! Thanks Goodness for FB, as I have been just as lazy as everyone else in posting on this thread! :rolleyes1

So who is in for January? I am training for the 5K and 10K. I am using an app on my iPhone to train. As I progress, I am finding the longer runs more and more challenging. Having been a diehard treadmill runner, I am forcing myself to run outside. Let's just say there is definitely a big difference between the two (at least in my world). I feel like a complete novice!

I am skiing in Stowe, VT Dec 29-Jan 5. Praying I don't do anything silly to mess up my feet/legs. Come to think of it, I had better stay on the bunny slopes!

Looking forward to meeting some of you. Happy Almost Thanksgiving!
Robyn

Yeah, I'm around. Since I'm not on FB, I have nowhere else to go. ;)

Here's some news from my corner of the world, I will be there for January but not to race. I'll be volunteering!! And I'm so excited to do this, I don't know why?! The early morning hours are horrible, but I think it'll be so nice to be on the other side of things for a change.

I signed up for both races, Half and Full. For the Half I should be giving out water bottles at the finish line. And for the Full I should be at water table #13, which I believe is around mile 17 - near WWoS (assuming they keep the same course as last year). This is subject to change, of course. I'm just happy to be there though!! :goodvibes

Hello Ducks,

Less than two months now, hope everyone's training is going well. As usual, mine is sort of slow. Sometimes it is too cold to go out and run. Yet I am still biking. Did a 5K yesterday, time was a 22:50. Plan on doing a turkey trot somewhere next week. This Saturday I am doing a 6 hour bike race, basically ride a 10 mile mountain bike loop as many times as you can in 6 hours.

Helloooo??? Anybody around?! Thanks Goodness for FB, as I have been just as lazy as everyone else in posting on this thread! :rolleyes1

So who is in for January? I am training for the 5K and 10K. I am using an app on my iPhone to train. As I progress, I am finding the longer runs more and more challenging. Having been a diehard treadmill runner, I am forcing myself to run outside. Let's just say there is definitely a big difference between the two (at least in my world). I feel like a complete novice!

I am skiing in Stowe, VT Dec 29-Jan 5. Praying I don't do anything silly to mess up my feet/legs. Come to think of it, I had better stay on the bunny slopes!

Looking forward to meeting some of you. Happy Almost Thanksgiving!
Robyn

Have fun up in Stowe! Don't hurt yourself, and try to visit the Alchemist Brewery in Waterbury and try some Heady Topper!

Yeah, I'm around. Since I'm not on FB, I have nowhere else to go. ;)

Here's some news from my corner of the world, I will be there for January but not to race. I'll be volunteering!! And I'm so excited to do this, I don't know why?! The early morning hours are horrible, but I think it'll be so nice to be on the other side of things for a change.

I signed up for both races, Half and Full. For the Half I should be giving out water bottles at the finish line. And for the Full I should be at water table #13, which I believe is around mile 17 - near WWoS (assuming they keep the same course as last year). This is subject to change, of course. I'm just happy to be there though!! :goodvibes

Hi Tanya, I will be looking for you at mile 17! might not be as crowded as the year I volunteered, was at the first water stop, and so close to start everyone is still packed together.

Have a great week!

ahoff said:
Hello Ducks,

Less than two months now, hope everyone's training is going well. As usual, mine is sort of slow. Sometimes it is too cold to go out and run. Yet I am still biking. Did a 5K yesterday, time was a 22:50. Plan on doing a turkey trot somewhere next week. This Saturday I am doing a 6 hour bike race, basically ride a 10 mile mountain bike loop as many times as you can in 6 hours.

Have fun up in Stowe! Don't hurt yourself, and try to visit the Alchemist Brewery in Waterbury and try some Heady Topper!

Hi Tanya, I will be looking for you at mile 17! might not be as crowded as the year I volunteered, was at the first water stop, and so close to start everyone is still packed together.

Have a great week!

Hi ahoff. I too have been on FB RTD group.
Looking to see if anyone has experienced a WDW wknd in Jan staying at FW Cabins. How much of a hassel is it to get to race transportation? Knowing the size of the resort is large.

Thanks

Seeing as this is my first WDW Race Weekend, I would love to meet up with you guys! Carissa and I will be running the 5K and 10K. We were talking on the phone the other day about planning a Duck Meet-Up. Is anyone interested???

Seeing as this is my first WDW Race Weekend, I would love to meet up with you guys! Carissa and I will be running the 5K and 10K. We were talking on the phone the other day about planning a Duck Meet-Up. Is anyone interested???

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm interested in a Duck meetup. Debbie and I get in Thursday morning (9th) and leave on Monday. Our AP's expire on Friday, so we are doing the parks Thursday & Friday. Then relaxing before the Marathon.
Who's up for a Duck tradition of being hurled down an elevator?

Joe

airman said:
Merry Christmas everyone. I'm interested in a Duck meetup. Debbie and I get in Thursday morning (9th) and leave on Monday. Our AP's expire on Friday, so we are doing the parks Thursday & Friday. Then relaxing before the Marathon.
Who's up for a Duck tradition of being hurled down an elevator?

Joe

Hello I am interested in a meet up.

Liz Patel has a few set up.
I was planning on the one set for Thursday at 3:30pm in the Grand Floridian Lobby. There was also a group of 20 with Liz headed to BOMA in DTD on Friday for dinner. I got this info of her Racing the Dream FB group

Happy New Year Ducks! Hope everyone that participated in Marathon Weekend had a good time. I have created a FaceBook group just for the Ducks. It is a secret group, so you won't find it doing a search and only the Ducks in the group will see the posts. If you aren't in it already and want to join, PM me your email and I will send you an invite.
Joe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter