Don't ask me why but...I am a little angry at this

People really get mad over stuff like this? :confused3 The way I see it more quality parks being built are better for the consumer. It's not like they're trying to clone my child or anything. Why would I take this personally? I guess I just don't get it. :confused:

They're crap, I'm sure but consider this.

There's not a single penny loss to Disney because of these knock-offs. The people in those countries KNOW where and what the deal Disney is and those that can afford it, will come (and DO; in DROVES).

No loss of revenue from those that don't come because you weren't gonna get that money to begin with and there's obviously not enough there to worry about anyway since they couldn't even afford to come here.

Much a'do about nothing. If it were worth it to Disney, they would have already gone after them. They can certainly afford it so that's not it.

International law is one thing. Communist country compliance with any ruling is another thing all together.

Crap begets crap. Guess what those parks probably are. ;)

Since it was originally in a World's Fair, I'd haphazard at a no. Plus, that would be a patent in the United States, which probably wouldn't amount to a hill of beans in Europe.

There have been many things over the years that were successfully copyrighted and/or patented internationally before placement in any world's fair.

It's called international patent protection and enforcement is relative to the government's cooperation in the offending country. Europe's not the problem. ;)

Those guys have always been my favorite reviewers! And that one of Nara I have always loved. thanks for linking it for more re-reading fun!

We went to Europa park years ago. Looks alot more "EPCOT-ified" since we went there, though of course hard to deny the inspiration for the big golf ball.

The funny thing though is the ball at Europa is actually a roller coaster. I was used to nice calm quiet SE. I wasn't expecting a roller coaster when I went in there (in Germany), lol.

Ball aside, I remember the EP of the 80's as more of a thrill park than so much "Disney" (golf ball aside.)

That said, I guess you could argue pretty much all theme parks have been developed off the success of Disneyland, no?

Here's another view of the Bizarro World, um, I mean, Bizzaroland "Disneyland" that was in Nara, Japan: :earsboy:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/japan2004/nara1.htm :thumbsup2

hahaha i LOVE TESE REVIEWErs too!! i read them a lot and i remember this post

ok, . . i'm asian (Hong Kong) and looking at these pictures makes me drop my jaw in disbelief, . . and i know most of you aren't thinking this but i just want to get this out there incase ANY of you have this tumbling around in your heads, . . not ALL asians do that kind of thing. I hope you guys recognize that the band of people doing this is a crazy exception and i'm sure there's a lot of people who are seeing this and can't believe it!

Ugh, . . to be honest i'm mad at those ppl too, . . . it's ppl like those that make the WHOLE nationality seem like idiots, . . why would u try to bootleg the whole park?!?!?!

haha ij ust remembered something

i remember seeing these pictures from an email from friends and we spent time going ' WHATTt??? IS THIS REALLLL????"

LMAO!!!! That is so funny lol!!!! My husband and I are cracking up right now lol. The china donald and mickey are hilarious!!!

There's nothing at all wrong with Europa Park,that's like one of the best non-Disney parks outside the US.Now that other park with the copy castle,copy matterhorn and so on that's just plain wrong!!!I've seen photo trip reports from that park on other sites basically showing how it really is a dump with broken signs,paint chipping away and basically looking like a ghost town with nobody there.What makes it even stranger is they have everything copying Disney and also have rides that just don't fit in like a wood coaster and a steel coaster called Screw Coaster!!

I'm sorry but I nearly spat out my dinner reading about that park in Japan. I laughed so hard I almost choked. Even my 10yr old thought that was a lame attempt at ripping Disney off. My husband got a good laugh too.

Nothing will ever replace Disney in my heart and I'm sure I speak for all true Disney fans.

T.
I know! Did you see the part where the president of the park in Japan was saying the Minnie Mouse rip-off character wasn't a mouse at all, it was a cat with big ears?! :lmao: :faint: :confused:

I do feel that Disney would be within their rights to sue the pants off of the copycats though.

Been to Europa Park many time and love the rollercoaster in the ball. It was completly dark. Lover there theming as well as it was all about europe. Visiting the fishing villages of scandanavia. The bobsled ride is one of the most unique rides I had ever seen and if I remember right it was in the Norway section. Not one ride did they have that was even close to what disney has.

Originally posted by trjme
Been to Europa Park many time and love the rollercoaster in the ball. It was completly dark. Lover there theming as well as it was all about europe. Visiting the fishing villages of scandanavia. The bobsled ride is one of the most unique rides I had ever seen and if I remember right it was in the Norway section. Not one ride did they have that was even close to what disney has.

Yeah, while the rides may be different, the theming was rippped right out of the pages of EPCOT. It is clearly themed like EPCOT. Geosphere and all.

Wow thanx for the good laugh to start my day! i am still rolf about the "cat with big ears" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ok, . . i'm asian (Hong Kong) and looking at these pictures makes me drop my jaw in disbelief, . . and i know most of you aren't thinking this but i just want to get this out there incase ANY of you have this tumbling around in your heads, . . not ALL asians do that kind of thing. I hope you guys recognize that the band of people doing this is a crazy exception and i'm sure there's a lot of people who are seeing this and can't believe it!

Ugh, . . to be honest i'm mad at those ppl too, . . . it's ppl like those that make the WHOLE nationality seem like idiots, . . why would u try to bootleg the whole park?!?!?!
With all due respect, I don't think anyone here thinks that all asians are bootleggers, counterfeiters, or IP pirates.

Some are, certainly... but definitely not all.

With all due respect, I don't think anyone here thinks that all asians are bootleggers, counterfeiters, or IP pirates.

Some are, certainly... but definitely not all.

nono, my point exactly!!

some are, . . but definitely not all, . . you are totally right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter