Don't ask me why but...I am a little angry at this

Yeah, while the rides may be different, the theming was rippped right out of the pages of EPCOT. It is clearly themed like EPCOT. Geosphere and all.

I think if you did a little digging you would find that Europa Park was built quite a few years before Epcot. World showcase came after the same theming as Europa Park. Im guessing that Epcots Space Ship Earth was before Europa parks similiar attraction but the rides are no where even close.

The Chinese thing, I agree, is a ripoff. But, unfortunately, China has become notorious for knock off merchandise anyway, so it fits the bill.

The Europa Park, I see some similarities, of course (the geo-dome, though it isn't half as cool as SSE, since it's not a full dome--look for pics online). As for the world-wide theme, I don't even think that could be considered a knock off, since it's just European countries, and even still, I doubt the idea of theming to regions of the world is anything Disney invented. The presence of the coasters and such suggests something more like Busch Gardens (I'm thinking of the Williamsburg park here), where the world country theme was applied almost as an after-thought to give the park a coherent thematic feel.

Even some of the things like the hands on science that echo the tune of Innoventions don't seem like a ripoff really; they're the kind of subject matter that really isn't uniquely Disney anyway.

:furious:

WOW I AM SO UPSET!

I hope that Disney slaps the big white glove down on these terrible companies :sad2:

Often Imitated-can NEVER be duplicated-that was too sad and funny..I espcially loved the "non-Pooh bear"-with the "Pooh" written on his red shirt....:rotfl2:

Lets be honest if Disney starts to lose a good percentage of park attendance they can always sue those guys and make a pretty penny off of them, looking at some of those pics those guys are pathetic :sad2:

Using the same logic you should be angry at Busch Gardens Europe . . . . . Sorry I do not see a reason to be angry.

I would not let it anger you. If Disney feels they are losing money or they are offended by it, they will certainly do something about it.

This does not affect my vacation time in WDW, therefore it just does not trouble mean. Of course, I do agree that it is wrong. ;)

That blows my mind that Disney doesn't do something about that. I also like how they also threw a generic Shrek in there too!!!

You're right.

But THAT one is absolutely NOTHING compared to a park in CHINA that is a dead-ringer COPY of Disney parks.

If you want to get MAD...

HERE you go.

Hello, :confused3

I can't beleive these bad comments about EuropaPark. Firstly, I would like to say that I am an American who has visited a few theme and amusement parks worldwide. At the moment, I honestly think that EuropaPark is the best non disney property in the entire world. In fact, in many ways EuropaPark beats down the mighty WDW. Have you even taken a look at the onsite resorts on the website? The level of theming can only be compared to Las Vegas super budget level hotels.... The level of theming in the park itself is right on par with Tokyo Disneysea and Universal's Islands of Adventure, the top themed parks in the world. The food at EuropaPark is fabulous....you can find dishes from all over europe in there..... and its REAL European food. And you never stand in a line over an hour, because they don't oversell the park.
What makes EuropaPark truly unique? It is probably the only park in the world that has combined the best of the huge mega amusement parks and a world class theme park. Its a magic kingdom, epcot, Medieval Times, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens, Six Flags all in a single park, and still with world class theming.

Don't get me wrong.... It certainly cannot beat all 4 parks in WDW combined, or all but it certainly can beat some disneylands I have been to.

I am taking a trip to Disneyland Paris Resort in October. I would not be surprised if it knocks my socks off (my first time there). Also, I am comparing to 1986 WDW, so maybe not a fair comparison at all..... we shall see.....
By the way, EuropaPark has the highest tallest and fastest roller coaster in all of continental europe, The Silver Star.

Google some reviews of EuropaPark.... EuropaPark vs. Disneyland Paris, EuropaPark vs. WDW... etc. you may be surprised.

Oh by the way, notice my Avatar......

I too love EuropaPark. It is a totally tongue in cheek version of the Disney parks, for those elements which 'honour' Disney.

Even better, it is cleaner than WDW, the patrons seem to be better behaved, there is no signage 'ordering' customers around ie no instructions on HOW to wash ones hands in the toilet.

For all that we read here about how badly behaved we 'dirty foreigners' are, I find EuropaPark to be a refreshing change from WDW and the behaviour I see there. Every time I visit, it is just a wonderful day out with fellow Germans, French, and Swiss.

Yes, there are certain Disney elements, but there are very German elements as well, such as the traditional fairy tale storyboxes which have absolutely no animation, but charm adults and children alike. It is a German park first and foremost. Plus they still have the Mack family history unlike Disneyland, which removed their version ie Disney Gallery.

The EP hotels are far better themed and far cleaner than Disney resorts, the food is miles better, the workers are pleasant and friendly.

I have frankly grown very weary of WDW and the behaviours and lack of cleanliness, and most of my theme park money now goes to EuropaPark and Disneyland Paris.

Oh, and how does Disney care about losing visitors to EP? They don't seem to care - they do almost no marketing at all in Germany, even though we are right next door with 82 million potential visitors.

Well, there is a long thread on the DLRP forum here about how Germans are excluded from almost all offers, and visitors have dropped from about 18% to 5% of total in the last decade.

There is actually finally a big meeting on October 5th at DLRP in which the company finally agreed to address this with a large group of Germans. Another website has been keeping us abreast of this.

I guess Disney can't copyright/patent the EPCOT sphere?

Then realize that geodesic domes were not created by Disney. The first geodesic dome was built in GERMANY hence I see absolutely nothing wrong with a German park honouring that fact.

In fact, Epcot borrows many of the elements of Expo '67 - including the US pavilion.

Journey into Imagination is also reflective of Expo '67.

Expo_67_United_States_Pavilion_002.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter