Door Decorations Getting Out of Control?

I guess not disboards Disney people.
You meant to type “I guess not all disboards Disney people,” right? As opposed to painting everyone here with the same broad brush?
the black marks the previous persons magnets left on the door
Do all magnets leave black marks on the doors? Just wondering because we have a magnet we plan to use on the Magic in January. Any way to tell, if some do and some don’t?

PS for those who may be concerned, our one single magnet will be our only decoration.

You meant to type “I guess not all disboards Disney people,” right? As opposed to painting everyone here with the same broad brush?

Do all magnets leave black marks on the doors? Just wondering because we have a magnet we plan to use on the Magic in January. Any way to tell, if some do and some don’t?

PS for those who may be concerned, our one single magnet will be our only decoration.
Not sure if all magnets leave marks.
Years ago I had bought some magnet paper you could print on. I made up some before our cruise and placed them on our metal garage door for safe keeping.
At one point when I went to remove them before our cruise. Some, but not all left marks behind so I laminated them to seal them so they would not mark up the door.
From that point forward whenever I make magnets I use regular paper and I bought heavier sheet magnets that have a sticker backing.
I print what ever I want, cut a magnet to size, stick it to the back of the paper then I laminate it so it is now sealed.

The way to do it is to buy the self adhesive laminating sheets that do not need to be run through a machine of any kind.
Cut out what ever you are making, cut a piece of magnet big enough to hold it on the door, then follow the self laminating sheet directions.
After I am done I will do some final trimming to make it look good.

I just happened to be searching for something and saw this on the website:
Can I decorate my stateroom door or hang items over the doors?
A:
To ensure an enjoyable cruise experience for all our Guests, we ask that you take note of the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
You are welcome to place magnetic signs on your stateroom door. Though, please note that Concierge staterooms on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy have wooden doors. You may not affix items to your stateroom doors using tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives, as this can damage the doors’ finish.
Also, using over-the-door hanging organizers is prohibited, as they can scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.
Guests who damage doors in violation of these guidelines will be assessed a $100 fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

You’re right. Sorry about that!

While some door decor can add a fun vibe, I agree that it's important to be mindful of not going overboard, especially when it starts spilling over onto the hallway panels. It's all about finding that balance between personal expression and respecting shared spaces.
By the way, if you're looking to spruce up your door in a more subtle way, you might consider checking out commercial metal door frames. They offer sturdy and sleek options that could complement any decor style without taking up too much space.

Last edited:

I have never left a magnet mark. I have used magnetic photo paper and magnet strips.

Test your magnet in your refrigerator in you are unsure about your specific magnet.

I have never left a magnet mark. I have used magnetic photo paper and magnet strips.

Test your magnet in your refrigerator in you are unsure about your specific magnet.
We were very happy in January that neither our purchased magnet nor our DVC ears magnet left marks on our Magic cabin door. So we'll use them again on future cruises!

I'm sure you meant "on" your refrigerator and that was an innocent typo. I have no idea though why I found that so funny (maybe because it's Friday afternoon?) 🤣 I'm just overimagining people sticking cruise magnets in their refrigerators!

I'm sure you meant "on" your refrigerator and that was an innocent typo. I have no idea though why I found that so funny (maybe because it's Friday afternoon?) 🤣 I'm just overimagining people sticking cruise magnets in their refrigerators!
Glad I’m not the only who finds humor in the little things - or the images we create in our minds.

I have a lot of problems with i replacing o on this iPad keyboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter