~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

BREE! You are killing it! You are hitting those I and T Paces like it is nothing. (Well, I am sure it doesn't feel like nothing at the time, but you know what I mean. ;) )

So I’ve been cooking like crazy since school started. My son takes the bus to and from school now which has given me back my afternoons. I mentioned in another post a couple weeks ago that I bought Shalene Flanagan’s new cookbook. Except for her electrolyte drink everything I’ve made has been really good. The recipes are quick to prep and cook (I wish the DIS accepted Apple emoji. So many cute ones keep popping up as I type.)

I just made this recipe tonight and thought I’d share because it’s perfect for when you are short on time and healthier than picking up take out.

Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds skinless, boneless, chicken thighs (thinly sliced breast would work too)
  1. Combine vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt in large bowl or ziploc bag. Add chicken and mix around.
  2. Place in fridge and marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
  3. Remove chicken from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking. Preheat grill to medium high. Use tongs to remove chicken, shake off excess marinade and carefully place on grill (will flame up).
  4. Close grill lid and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until nicely charred and chicken is cooked through (165 on meat thermometer).
  5. If you don’t have a grill one of those indoor ones will work too or the oven broiler with rack in the highest position.
I made jasmine rice and a bag of frozen broccoli to go with it. My family devoured it. Nick had three helpings and Eliana who doesn’t really care for chicken thought it was really good. I’m not a huge fan of chicken either, but could eat this all the time! I didn’t have time to let the chicken sit out for 30 minutes and it came out just fine.

Fantastic running week. Great job! I love the picture of you with your dog. Adorable!

So I’ve been cooking like crazy since school started. My son takes the bus to and from school now which has given me back my afternoons. I mentioned in another post a couple weeks ago that I bought Shalene Flanagan’s new cookbook. Except for her electrolyte drink everything I’ve made has been really good. The recipes are quick to prep and cook (I wish the DIS accepted Apple emoji. So many cute ones keep popping up as I type.)

I just made this recipe tonight and thought I’d share because it’s perfect for when you are short on time and healthier than picking up take out.

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pounds skinless, boneless, chicken thighs (thinly sliced breast would work too)
  1. Combine vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt in large bowl or ziploc bag. Add chicken and mix around.
  3. Remove chicken from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking. Preheat grill to medium high. Use tongs to remove chicken, shake off excess marinade and carefully place on grill (will flame up).
  4. Close grill lid and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until nicely charred and chicken is cooked through (165 on meat thermometer).
  5. If you don’t have a grill one of those indoor ones will work too or the oven broiler with rack in the highest position.
I made jasmine rice and a bag of frozen broccoli to go with it. My family devoured it. Nick had three helpings and Eliana who doesn’t really care for chicken thought it was really good. I’m not a huge fan of chicken either, but could eat this all the time! I didn’t have time to let the chicken sit out for 30 minutes and it came out just fine.
This sounds amazing, BTW. I can't wait to make it.

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt

I made something very similar this week. Switch out the honey for "fig Glazed" and have the same recipe. My side was roasted green beans and mushrooms. Its a recipe we got from one of our previous orders from HomeChef. Very tasty meal IMO and I would imagine the fig or honey both give it a little bit of a sweet flavor / glaze.

I made something very similar this week. Switch out the honey for "fig Glazed" and have the same recipe. My side was roasted green beans and mushrooms. Its a recipe we got from one of our previous orders from HomeChef. Very tasty meal IMO and I would imagine the fig or honey both give it a little bit of a sweet flavor / glaze.

That sounds good! I love figs.

So my neighbor and I are having a flooding issue in a small area between our yards. I saw her outside as I was finishing up my 150m repeats. We were chatting about a similar issue another neighbor had which we are going to pursue. I go in the house and realize after I’ve all ready showered that I never ran my cool down mile...oops :o

I made it! It’s HOT and it poured out for like 10 minutes. Riding FEA, getting my magnet and trying to ignore the cutest F&W pandora bead set. I just shouldn’t spend $150 on it right now (even if I get a 20% discount).

So what exactly is a 41yo mom supposed to wear to a Hailee Steinfeld concert? I have two modes. Sweatpants or ballgowns. I have such a hard time with the in between. It’s outside. Maybe a maxi dress?

I forgot just how awful driving in southeast Florida was. 5-6 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic moving at 80mph with people weaving in and out of lanes because that’s not fast enough. Crazy crazy crazy!

So what exactly is a 41yo mom supposed to wear to a Hailee Steinfeld concert? I have two modes. Sweatpants or ballgowns. I have such a hard time with the in between. It’s outside. Maybe a maxi dress?

This 43 year old mom would want to be comfortable, but not look like a mom, so yeah, I think a maxi dress would be great. :thumbsup2

08/27/18 - 09/02/18
Fatigue from last week carried over to this week making it a bit challenging, but I got it done! The trapper caught the gator in our pond. He/she measured in at 6.5 feet :scared1: I knew it was big, but didn't know it was THAT big. Our pool is finally DONE except for two small things left on our punch list. This has been the longest and most stressful project of my life. We also have grass in our backyard again. No more mud pit & dirt constantly tracked all over the house. Now we just need to get some patio furniture :yay: This may take a few months to happen. I am soooo indecisive.
Monday - Daniels I pace workout was on the schedule
  • Plan: 2 mi WU + 2x(5 min @ I 8:58 w/ 4 min RI) + 3x(4 min @ I 8:58 w/ 3 min RI) + 2 mi CD = 7.87 miles
  • Actual: 7.68 mi @ 10:47
  • Splits: (12:00, 11:22) + (8:58, 8:58) + (8:49, 8:46, 8:56) + (11:38, 11:19)
Tuesday - PSL launch day at Starbucks so Rob & I went. He had PSL and I think I just had an iced coffee, but I don't remember.
  • Plan: 4.5 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Actual: 4.51 mi @ 11:44
  • Splits: 11:52, 11:47, 11:51, 11:30, 11:35
Wednesday - Combination of T & R paces today. I had just finished the RI of my last R interval when I ran into my next door neighbor. Our conversation started out with a yard drainage issue we were having and then led to other things. Before I knew it my DD was walking out the door at 8:40am to go to the bus stop. Yikes! I had someone coming to the house at 9am and I still had to shower. I showered in record time then sat down with a cup of coffee to check out my run data when I realized I never ran my cool down mile :guilty: R splits are in time it took to run 150m.
  • Plan: 2 mi WU + 3x(1.5mi @ T 9:46 w/ 3 min RI) + 4x(150m @ R 8:36 w/ 150m RI) + 1 mi CD = 8.158 mi
  • Actual: 7.91 mi @ 10:44
  • Splits: (11:57, 12:00) + (9:31, 9:32, 9:32) + ( :36, :35, :34, :35) + 0:00
Thursday - easy run this morning. I was really trying to slow it down and run closer to my prescribed pace, but I kept zoning out and not paying attention to my Garmin. I had a fun day ahead of me and was distracted.
  • Plan 4.5 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Actual: 4.56 @ 11:36
  • Splits: 11:39, 11:30, 11:34, 11:42, 11:38
Today was the launch of Food & Wine at Epcot. I was flip flopping about whether I should go or not. I decided to check FP+ availability and there was a FP for FEA at 1:20pm! I took that as a sign I was meant to go there today. I grabbed another FP+ for SE at 10am. There was early entry at 8am for passholders to buy event merchandise, passholder specific merch and mimosas, but I needed to get my kids off to school. There are two more mornings like this with different AP merch, but I don't think I'll be able to get to those either.

I arrived at Epcot around 10am and went to Spaceship Earth. It broke down twice while I was on it and resulted in my face not being in the video at the end. I checked out the AP merch in Mousegears. I then walked over to the Festival Center which is way out of the way in the middle of nowhere aka the old Wonders of Life Pavilion. It was jam packed with people. The AP magnet line was looooooooooong so I decided to come back later. I needed a mini gift card on one of those stretchy bracelets for the food booths (so easy. cashier just scans it while you wear it!) and a tray to carry my food/beverages. The checkout line was ridiculous so I left and got what I needed at the kiosk near the entrance of World Showcase. No lines! The mini gift cards are so cute this year. They feature Remy and you had a choice of 3 or 4 prints. I checked the weather before I got out of the car and it didn’t show any rain. Well, as I started walking around WC clouds started rolling in. Of course I left my umbrella in the car.

55776565668__24F070C2-3A8D-48B2-A9AD-B4342F55B96A.jpeg

First booth was Germany. I got Schinkennudeln: Pasta Gratin with Ham, Onions and Cheese $4.25. It was really good and something I would get again. As I was waiting for my food it started pouring. I got my food and ran into the Christmas shop to wait it out. Not my picture.

2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-germany-2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-germany-Schinkennudeln-pasta-gratin-700x462.jpg

I wandered around WS just people watching and checking out shops. Next food stop was Italy for Mezzi Rigatoni: Vodka Sauce, Crispy Pancetta and Parmesan Cheese. One of the reasons I bought this handy tray is that some of these dishes are handed over to you HOT. Like juggling back and forth between hands and hope you don't drop it hot (another reason is the complete lack of tables). This was $7 and I wasn't overly impressed and wouldn't get it again. It was a very generous portion and the pancetta was yummy, but the sauce wasn't very good. It was along the lines of a gourmet chef boyardee. Yeah, gourmet and chef boyardee don't go together, but it's the best I could explain it! This is my pic.

55733694017__E490D777-6C50-45AE-8696-CF6DC7A056A3.jpeg

More wandering around and I had a sweet tooth. I decided to cross a dessert from Ireland off my list - Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Liqueur Custard $4.25. This cake like dessert is served warm and has an ooey gooey chocolate center. It was so good and I really wanted another! Not my picture.
upload_2018-9-4_11-10-37.jpeg

I finished wandering around WS and headed towards the booths on the path towards The Land. I ended up at Flavors of Fire and got Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak on a Smoked Corn Cake with Pickled Vegetable Slaw and Cilantro Aïoli $6.75. Everything but the corn cake was delicious. Mine wasn't nice browned like the one in the pic below. It was barely warm.

750x422

It was 1:10pm at this point so I headed over to Norway for my Frozen Ever After FP+. I got to sit in the first row! Unfortunately it was next to this guy who wanted to talk the entire time. We live in the same town, this is his first time to F&W, this is his first time on Frozen, he's never seen the movie, he has two daughters and a son that didn't want to go on the ride with him, he mistakenly walked into the FP line and didn't have a FP, but they let him on anyway. Other than that, the ride was super cute as always!

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_413199839429.jpg

I don't normally have a drink in the middle of the day nor if I have to drive, but the servings are small at F&W and I really wanted to try Florida Orange Groves Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL – $10.00. I love pineapple! I bought one then made my way back to the Festival Center to attempt a magnet pick up again. Not my pic.

image5.jpg

This wine was gross. I really tried to like it, but it was really acidic and made my nose burn. It was bubbly battery acid in a pretty plastic cup. I had four different people ask me on the way to the Festival Center where I got my free champagne. Hahahahaha....Disney and FREE???? Is this April Fool's Day??? I kindly let them down and let them know it wasn't free. I ended up tossing the wine in the trash. There was less than a 2 minute wait for my magnet this time around! I checked out the rest of the center then called it a day. I still had to drive home and do the whole parenting thing. I would have stayed longer, but Rob was out of town for work.

upload_2018-9-4_11-35-26.png

Friday - Strides day. This is the weather I woke up to.

fullsizeoutput_10e7.jpeg

It was just miserable out. Did I mention the fatigue had carried over from last week? My legs were dead during this run and it dragged on for an eternity. It was only 7.5 miles, but felt more like 75. I really wanted to skip strides, but I told myself to suck it up and just get it done.
  • Plan: 7.5mi @ EB 11:47
  • Actual: 7.51mi @ 11:23
  • Splits: 11:28, 11:37, 11:29, 11:23, 11:52, 11:25, 10:38 (strides), 11:10
Saturday - Up bright and early for my last run of the week.
  • Plan: 7.5mi @ LR 11:24
  • Actual: 7.61 @ 11:10
  • Splits: 11:19, 11:10, 11:16, 11:14, 11:12, 11:06, 11:02, 10:54
Eliana and I packed our stuff and left the house just after 11am, stopped at Starbucks then started driving to West Palm Beach. We had tickets to see Charlie Puth and Hailee Steinfeld. We got to the hotel around 2:30pm. I was so in need of a short nap. We both ended up napping for a little bit then got ready. We were having a quick dinner at Panera before the concert. I went for complete comfort when it came to my outfit. Gray shorts, plaid top and flip flops!
fullsizeoutput_10ec.jpeg

After Panera we drove over to the fairgrounds where the concert was being held. I bought Eliana a t-shirt and hoodie. We walked around a little while then decided to just go find our seats. Our seats were AMAZING! Before the concert started you could send a tweet for a chance get your picture on the huge tv screens on the stage. Eliana's tweet made it! We are huge Hailee fans in this house. Some of you may remember her as Emily from Pitch Perfect 2. Obviously Hailee's performance was awesome and so much fun! We were dancing and singing to all the songs! We know Charlie Puth's newer music. He played quite a bit of older music which I didn't recognize. We still loved his performance though! We made it back to the hotel around 10:30pm and were both out cold by Midnight.

upload_2018-9-4_12-13-46.png
upload_2018-9-4_12-13-55.png
upload_2018-9-4_12-14-11.png

Sunday - REST DAY! I slept in until a whopping 7:30am. We made it back home by 11:30am. I didn't do much besides rest. There was lots of tv, movies and books for the whole day! It's nice to have a lazy day like that.

Last edited:
Great job getting in your runs this week!
Thanks for the F&W report - looks like a mixture of good stuff and terrible stuff. As usual. Oh, Food and Wine...

I'm not a huge Hailee Steinfeld fan (I liked her in Pitch Perfect 2 (and 3) but hated her in Ender's Game), but it sounds like a great concert - glad you guys enjoyed!

Great training week and thank you for that mini W&D report. I loved it! We really have to plan another trip back during W&D (and redemption from our shortened race). Also, I'm disappointed for you that the pineapple wine was bad. The description sounded yummy and it looked so good. :(

So fun that you guys went to the concert. My girls are big Charlie Puth fans, so they would have loved that. But, no picture of you at the concert? Did you go with the maxi? :D

Great job getting in your runs this week!
Thanks for the F&W report - looks like a mixture of good stuff and terrible stuff. As usual. Oh, Food and Wine...

I'm not a huge Hailee Steinfeld fan (I liked her in Pitch Perfect 2 (and 3) but hated her in Ender's Game), but it sounds like a great concert - glad you guys enjoyed!

I couldn’t hit up the really good stuff without my other half. #wifeguilt I tried to stick to stuff he couldn’t care less about which made for an underwhelming experience. If it wasn’t so hot I probably could have eaten more. I love food.

Great training week and thank you for that mini W&D report. I loved it! We really have to plan another trip back during W&D (and redemption from our shortened race). Also, I'm disappointed for you that the pineapple wine was bad. The description sounded yummy and it looked so good. :(

So fun that you guys went to the concert. My girls are big Charlie Puth fans, so they would have loved that. But, no picture of you at the concert? Did you go with the maxi? :D

I got lazy and went with shorts and a button down top and flip flops. Comfort and safety trumped fashion. All my maxi dresses require some sort of added height with wedges and heels and I was afraid I’d sprain an ankle. Parking was in a field! I’m only 5’4” and for some reason they make maxi dresses for really tall women. I’m too lazy to get them hemmed.

Dis boards is being stupid right now and giving me security warnings when I try to post pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter