DVC 3 bedroom villas at Wilderness Lodge(Bolder Ridge Villas)??

smjj

Been there done that going back now as DVC member
Darn if I can now find it but it seems I read where after the construction is complete there will be 3 bedroom villas. Am I just imagining this or what??...smjj

Disney has been pretty silent on what the finished product will actually be, including room sizes for the lakeshore cabins or the villas in WL, and I do not recall seeing or hearing anything about 3BRs. And if there is, the real question will likely be how many will be willing to pay a likely dollar per point cost more than what Poly is now to get a three bedroom at WL whose nightly point cost is likely to be comparable to that for a VGF GV or a Poly bungalow.

I have not heard about 3 BR units, they will have bungalows not sure if they will be 3 BR or 2 BR like the Poly.

Our points are at VWL and I would love to have an option for a 3BR since we don't have points at a resort that gives us 11 month advantage with 3BRs. However, I would definitely not be planning on spending the amount of points it would take to get a bungalow at the Poly.

Darn if I can now find it but it seems I read where after the construction is complete there will be 3 bedroom villas. Am I just imagining this or what??...smjj

The title of your thread says Boulder Ridge which is the current VWL resort. There are no 3BR villas there and no plans to add any there. The new resort, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, may or may not have 3BR villas. Disney has not given any details about this resort other than it will have cabins and other villas.

Our points are at VWL and I would love to have an option for a 3BR since we don't have points at a resort that gives us 11 month advantage with 3BRs. However, I would definitely not be planning on spending the amount of points it would take to get a bungalow at the Poly.

As stated, Disney has not revealed any details about any of the construction at Copper Creek, but your current VWL points will not give you any booking advantage even if Copper Creek includes 3BR villas. You'll have the same 7 month shot as everyone else unless you buy new points at Copper Creek.

If they do include 3BR villas at Copper Creek, I would expect them to be higher points per night than the bungalows at the Poly which are 2BR.

Better off to book a 2 bedroom and studio rather than a 3 bedroom. At any new resort look for those "Grand Villa" points to be really high!!

Better off to book a 2 bedroom and studio rather than a 3 bedroom. At any new resort look for those "Grand Villa" points to be really high!!

Checked and family wants to stay together. Have booked 3 bedroom villas several times now and we all like this setup as we are a very close family. No guarantee how close we would be if we booked different rooms, remember request are just that a request. As I mentioned I was just checking because we like this resort and I thought I had read where they were going to include 3 bedroom villas in this redo of DVC at Wilderness lodge...smjj

They haven't admitted to ANYTHING for the new Copper Creek development save the waterfront cabins, and have said precious little about the configuration of those units.

Checked and family wants to stay together. Have booked 3 bedroom villas several times now and we all like this setup as we are a very close family. No guarantee how close we would be if we booked different rooms, remember request are just that a request. As I mentioned I was just checking because we like this resort and I thought I had read where they were going to include 3 bedroom villas in this redo of DVC at Wilderness lodge...smjj
No there will be no Grand Villas. Regular hotel rooms are being renovated for the new Copper Creek DVC. At best 2 bedroom units in the Lodge. The only accomodation for more than 8 will be the Cabins that face the water. Be prepared to use points for those cabins similar to the Poly Waterfront units. There are no new renovations going on at "Boulder Ridge".

No there will be no Grand Villas. Regular hotel rooms are being renovated for the new Copper Creek DVC. At best 2 bedroom units in the Lodge. The only accomodation for more than 8 will be the Cabins that face the water. Be prepared to use points for those cabins similar to the Poly Waterfront units. There are no new renovations going on at "Boulder Ridge".

I would wait and see on that. They gutted the south wing, it's possible they could configure 3 bedrooms. There are grand villas at AKV Jambo, converted from hotel rooms.

I would wait and see on that. They gutted the south wing, it's possible they could configure 3 bedrooms. There are grand villas at AKV Jambo, converted from hotel rooms.
I guess its possible but highly doubt they would build both grand villas and waterfront cabins.

I guess its possible but highly doubt they would build both grand villas and waterfront cabins.

They have to do something if they want to try to sell Copper Creek at the same or higher price per point than PBV. I could see them possibly putting in a few GVs since that villa configuration seems to be in pretty high demand across the DVC system at WDW.

They have to do something if they want to try to sell Copper Creek at the same or higher price per point than PBV. I could see them possibly putting in a few GVs since that villa configuration seems to be in pretty high demand across the DVC system at WDW.

I think it depends on how many bedrooms are in the cabins. Poly only has 2 in the bungalows. If they put 3 in the cabins, then there probably will not be grand villas in the lodge building. If there's only 2 like Poly, then grand villas would make sense.

It's possible, but I think it's far more likely that we'll see a Club Level booking category since it seems to do so well at AKV. They could easily dangle that carrot to distract potential new buyers from seeing the better resale deal WAY OVER yonder at VWL-1.

It's possible, but I think it's far more likely that we'll see a Club Level booking category since it seems to do so well at AKV. They could easily dangle that carrot to distract potential new buyers from seeing the better resale deal WAY OVER yonder at VWL-1.

I agree that they will most likely include a Club Level. That wouldn't keep them from making a few Grand Villas. I think they will need all the bells and whistles to justify the price they will be asking. We'll just have to stay tuned! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter