DVC 3 bedroom villas at Wilderness Lodge(Bolder Ridge Villas)??

Renaming the Classic VWL is really a contract thing. Because the new DVC and the existing DVC will be entirely separate condo associations, they're making a non-material change to the original to make it really clear NOT THE SAME K!!!!

I predict people get confused anyway and wonder why they don't get 11-month. Because of course they will.
Because the American attention span and comprehension levels are so poor. . .pirate:

I'm wondering if the lake front cabins may not be 3 BR units. And I'm not 100% convinced they'll be point values at or above the Bungalows. These aren't castle lookin', firework seein', MK view rooms. We're now back off the monorail loop premium area. But who knows.

I agree, I think the initial cost per point will be higher, since that will never go down, but the points per night is not going to be higher or even the same as the monorail resorts for the same size units. WL just can't command that point requirement. I know I would not pay the same points or higher to stay there as Poly, it just wouldn't make sense other than maybe one or two nights just to try it. Now if those waterside cabins are 3 bedroom, I could see them justifying the bungalow point structure since it will be larger units. But they'll have to be awfully nice if they're going to charge VGF GV/bungalow points.

So we who own at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge, Boulder Ridge Villas, will not have an 11-month booking advantage at the new DVC, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, at Wilderness Lodge. We'll have the 7 month booking window. Unless of course we buy points at the new DVC resort. I can't see what view a person would have at the cabins - just some boats going by and some alligators looking for a handout - or a hand.

They cleared the land facing the Contemporary for some of the cabins, you can see it from the monorail. Those should have MK fireworks views.

Checked and family wants to stay together. Have booked 3 bedroom villas several times now and we all like this setup as we are a very close family. No guarantee how close we would be if we booked different rooms, remember request are just that a request. As I mentioned I was just checking because we like this resort and I thought I had read where they were going to include 3 bedroom villas in this redo of DVC at Wilderness lodge...smjj
We have had good luck with "traveling together" notation as long as the villas are in the same category i.e. Standard view.

Just on speculation, I think the cabins might be 3 bdrm villas.
I think they'd be smart to do so and it's about the only way they can justify the number of points assuming they're in line with Poly. If they're 2 BR they'll likely be some less than Poly but if 3 BR, likely the same or a modest amount more.

They cleared the land facing the Contemporary for some of the cabins, you can see it from the monorail. Those should have MK fireworks views.
I wonder if the cabins will have differing points requirements depending on the view. Standard Cabins versus Theme Park Cabins, perhaps?

ok so I really am out of the loop:headache:

So WLV is renamed Boulder ridge....
Are they building new units? Where?

Where is copper ridge?

What units at each new?

Don't think I like this I liked serenity at WLV!
Thanks
Kerri

Yes, Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge will be named Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Yes, for Copper Creek. At Wilderness Lodge

Where is copper ridge?
Copper Creek Villas and Cabins will be at Wilderness Lodge.

What units at each new?
Villas and cabins. No work on the details of either.

There's a lot of uncertainty right now.
Thanks
Kerri

Where is copper ridge?

What units at each new?

Thanks
Kerri
To expound on wildernessDad's post, the new name is as he said, though t'will always be VWL to me and countless others (my wife still claims it's MGM vice DHS). There will be no new units for VWL; it's just a renaming to allow for Americans' short attention spans, one presumes, so as to not confuse the old with the new. The new resort, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, will obviously have cabins. . .which are currently under progress along both the north and south side of the boat dock--12 on the north and 14 on the south. Meanwhile, the entire south wing of the main Lodge is closed presumably to renovate those rooms into DVC suites, ergo the Villas part of the Copper Creek name. Further, there is a whole new building occupying what used to be the beach at WL, and it appears (though it's not been clearly stated) that it will be a new QS location. The Hidden Springs Pool has met its demise, though a newer, larger (and less serene, I suspect) pool will go in more or less where the old one was. Given that where it will be built happens to be the staging area for the current building process, this new pool area will be among some of the last things to be operational.

Most of us VWL Groupies bemoan the loss of serenity and, well, wilderness with this new construction. We all agree that Disney will make it all look pretty and shiny, but we fear the cost will be what made us fall in love with the resort in the first place--a quiet, next-to-nature resort that is a respite from the busy parks experience. There's no fighting "progress," however.

Psssst. In case you hadn't heard, all the topiary fixtures at the Lodge are gone: the geese at the entrance, the bison across from the lobby, and DVC Mickey near VWL. :(

Rumor is about half of the current lodge building is being renovated to DVC. I was there last month for lunch at Whispering Canyon and the entire side above the front desk and out into the courtyard is gutted, you can see straight through the balcony glass doors to the other side.

Just on speculation, I think the cabins might be 3 bdrm villas.

I think they'd be smart to do so and it's about the only way they can justify the number of points assuming they're in line with Poly. If they're 2 BR they'll likely be some less than Poly but if 3 BR, likely the same or a modest amount more.

The plans for the cabins appear to be larger than the Poly Bungalows, so I agree that the CCV cabins may be 3 BR villas. As Dean points out, it is probably the only way they can support a similar point structure to the Poly Bungalows.

I hope they put up 'Do Not Feed The Alligators' signs in the Cabins. That will make the guests feel comfortable.

The plans for the cabins appear to be larger than the Poly Bungalows, so I agree that the CCV cabins may be 3 BR villas. As Dean points out, it is probably the only way they can support a similar point structure to the Poly Bungalows.

Well if that is the case I guess we just got priced out...smjj

We walked the site a few months ago and many of the cabins between the lodge and island will have poor views. Many of the trees have been removed so they will need to use berms or fencing to block the view of the service areas and world drive.

:earsboy: Bill

Well if that is the case I guess we just got priced out...smjj
It'll be interesting. IMO they significantly overpriced Poly in general and esp the bungalows. VWL is a lessor location and not as unique compared to being out over the water. Still, a 3 BR sleep 12 at Bungalow prices isn't that far out of line comparatively speaking when you look at VGF & Poly and consider that stand alone units in the timeshare world are generally more expensive anyway. I feel the Poly has somewhat backed them into a corner with this and future projects, we'll see how it goes.

It would be nice if they did more real beds and fewer convertible beds at CCV in those bungalows/cabins.

I read it and still confused I can't believe I missed so much.

Ok Boulder ridge is now adding on which is (WLV) where is this happening? More rooms cabins?

Or all all the cabins copper ridge?

Also is this all being built on what seemed like WL property?
Kerri
The current/existing VWL have been renamed Boulder Ridge Villas. There is no change to the existing villas except for the pool area. The new villas (converted hotel rooms and the lakeside cabins) have been named Copper Creek Villas. Both comprise the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. There is a Part I and a Part II and should be entirely separate ownerships. Part I will not be entitled to reserve Part II and 11 months out and vice versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter