DVC 3 bedroom villas at Wilderness Lodge(Bolder Ridge Villas)??

hope I'm not changing the topic too much here, but wanted to inject my thoughts as to the future point costs of the waterside cabins. I just returned from a short stay at Poly, and while I am not saying I prefer it to VWL, I will say there is more to offer at Poly. Between the monorail, more food options (Kona Café was really good), what is now my favorite by far resort bar (trader sams grog grotto...so cool), and the better views the poly bungalows have, I don't see how the new water cabins can compete point wise.

Just to be clear, the cabins won't be out over the water like the Poly bungalows. They will be along the shore line. As for competing for points, they will surely be fewer points per night than the Poly Bungalows unless they make them 3BR units, which currently don't exist for DVC owners on the Wilderness Lodge property.

The same as any other resort that isn't all DVC. The pool costs will follow the allocation for common area expenses established by Disney which currently seems to be by head count in the rooms. Hotel pays for their percentage based on guests, VWL will pay for theirs and CCC will pay for theirs.

So are you saying VWL and CCC will share the same the pool and both will pay for upkeep and refurbs. Not quite understanding your post. Are you saying that at say the contemporary and BLT even though their common areas and pools are completely seperate they both pay for each other's pools and common areas. That just seems weird as Contempo guest are not allow in BLT's pool yet they are combined as far as paying for them. Hope this makes sense.

Some of us thought the property was already practically perfect in every way. One of the larger concerns is how much the new additions will change the serenity of the resort. The nature trail (better @sleepydog25? lol) is likely gone in lieu of cabins, or else greatly shortened. . .but it's hard to think that it won't be a change for the ambiance, especially of the Villas in particular.
::yes::

So are you saying VWL and CCC will share the same the pool and both will pay for upkeep and refurbs. Not quite understanding your post. Are you saying that at say the contemporary and BLT even though their common areas and pools are completely seperate they both pay for each other's pools and common areas. That just seems weird as Contempo guest are not allow in BLT's pool yet they are combined as far as paying for them. Hope this makes sense.

More like Beach Club and Stormalong Bay.

Like Debbie said - it's more like BCV and SAB. GF/VGF share pools. Poly and PVB share pools. There are no restrictions for BWI/BWV guests for the pools there. Even Jambo and Kidani share pools. VWL already had an existing pool and it was shared with WL. Being that is the pool that was taken out and will be replaced I'd assume it will remain a shared pool for the entire resort.

At BLT I do not think CR would pay for any of the upkeep at the BLT pool since their guests cannot use it.

At any particular DVC resort, including one combined with a Disney hotel or another separate DVC resort, you will be contributing to the upkeep of anything that is designated as a common area in the official documents for the DVC resort, which usually includes any area of the entire resort usable by all who are staying at the resort, whether as a hotel guest in the hotel side of the resort or as a DVC member. Thus, at the Wilderness Lodge resort area, VWL members are most likely paying dues that go toward upkeep of such things as the main pool, parking lot, harborside area, road, walkways, etc. Disney uses a sharing method, apparently based on occupancy of rooms, to determine the share paid by the DVC side of the resort and the hotel side for the year. At WL, there will soon be three different shares, the hotel, Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge. You do not pay a share of upkeep of areas that are not common areas for the resort as a whole, such as refurbs of rooms. I have not checked the common area designation for BLT, but I suspecrt the BLT pool, usable only by those staying at BLT may currently be designated as a common only for BLT and thus the hotel may not contribute to it but the main theme pool may be designated as a common area for both.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, the cabins won't be out over the water like the Poly bungalows. They will be along the shore line. As for competing for points, they will surely be fewer points per night than the Poly Bungalows unless they make them 3BR units, which currently don't exist for DVC owners on the Wilderness Lodge property.
But likely not a lot fewer, they will likely be similar but just slightly less. And if they have any additional positive points (3 BR, larger, sleep more than 8, etc) then they may be about the same or even more. I'm guessing a similar structure as Poly for lodge villas and about 5-10% less for the stand alone villas then adjust for any variations. If they're 3 BR, or more capacity than the usual 2 BR, I suspect they'll be exactly the same as Poly.

I would expect them to replant trees when everything is done. The quantity and type may be different, and they are unlikely to start as mature trees. Some landscaping is easier to replace than others, and transplanting mature trees is not common for a reason. Mature trees can have roots that extend in diameter to 2-3x its height. This gets taken back to a primary root ball when a tree is to be moved. Considerable expense and TLC is required to keep the tree alive when that much of its support and nutrient system is removed.

Now, do it in volume (many trees).

I think the replant will be juvenile trees that don't have this root extension as yet, for cost and effectiveness reasons. It will be better than it is now, but the end result won't be the same level of majesty we'll see in 10 years.

More like Beach Club and Stormalong Bay.

Like Debbie said - it's more like BCV and SAB. GF/VGF share pools. Poly and PVB share pools. There are no restrictions for BWI/BWV guests for the pools there. Even Jambo and Kidani share pools. VWL already had an existing pool and it was shared with WL. Being that is the pool that was taken out and will be replaced I'd assume it will remain a shared pool for the entire resort.

At BLT I do not think CR would pay for any of the upkeep at the BLT pool since their guests cannot use it.

At any particular DVC resort, including one combined with a Disney hotel or another separate DVC resort, you will be contributing to the upkeep of anything that is designated as a common area in the official documents for the DVC resort, which usually includes any area of the entire resort usable by all who are staying at the resort, whether as a hotel guest in the hotel side of the resort or as a DVC member. Thus, at the Wilderness Lodge resort area, VWL members are most likely paying dues that go toward upkeep of such things as the main pool, parking lot, harborside area, road, walkways, etc. Disney uses a sharing method, apparently based on occupancy of rooms, to determine the share paid by the DVC side of the resort and the hotel side for the year. At WL, there will soon be three different shares, the hotel, Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge. You do not pay a share of upkeep of areas that are not common areas for the resort as a whole, such as refurbs of rooms. I have not checked the common area designation for BLT, but I suspecrt the BLT pool, usable only by those staying at BLT may currently be designated as a common only for BLT and thus the hotel may not contribute to it but the main theme pool may be designated as a common area for both.

Thank you. Always great new info for me to learn here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter