DVC Adults or Empty Nesters

Lenc324

DIS Veteran
I was wondering who has older teens or grown kids. I have a 17yr old who isn't thrilled about vacationing with me anymore. Are adults going without kids and still enjoying themselves?

Sure! We are 26 and 28, no kids yet, and we love going to Disney. We've been going for the last 10 years together (sometimes with our families, and then as we got older, by ourselves). We have a blast whenever we go. Well..unless my MIL is involved. But that's a different story. :lmao:

DW and I are in our 50's and our eldest has a 3-month old. So this is going to be really fun. I get to do the stuff that I used to do with my children many years ago, except now, it's with my granddaughter.

Also, I am inviting my friends down to WDW so we can have some party time, grown-up style. I'm letting them use two studios, maybe three.

Life is too short and I have points. Result? It's party time!

We're in our later 40s and have been enjoying Disney since we were kids. Now that our kids are grown (20s) we enjoy ourselves doing all those things we didn't have time to stop and enjoy racing from attraction to attraction with the kids as they grew up.

Both of our children love coming down with us when they can and yes we still end up racing to whatever is the newest attraction as well as some of the old family favorites! Is there really a bad age to go to disney?? Not in our book!:yay:

I was wondering who has older teens or grown kids. I have a 17yr old who isn't thrilled about vacationing with me anymore. Are adults going without kids and still enjoying themselves?

Are we ever! The first time about 3 years ago, I was worried. I said to my husband, but what will we do without the kids? And his answer was "anything we want to do" and he was so right. We don't have to ride my son's favorite ride 13 times in a row just because there is no line. We don't have to run clear across the park for my daughter to ride her favorite ride because my son got to ride his favorite ride. We can explore. We can head out early in the morning and not worry about shagging the kids out of bed. We can come "home" early and drink our margaritas and sit on the patio. We can go to the restaurants we prefer. Or not if we don't want to. We don't have to referee. This year my daughter is once more joining us with her fiance. My son will be going with a couple of friends as his graduation present. As much as I enjoy my kids, I do so enjoy vacationing with just my husband.

We just spent six days with our kids at WDW and I can't WAIT to go back without them!! (of course I enjoyed the time with them) DH and I were married there in 2005 and found WDW to be a very romantic place. You may be pleasantly surprised!! :love:

We took a trip last August without our kids and loved it! Our next trip without kids is in just 5 weeks or so - can't wait! Our kids are a bit older (12 and 15) and we have been able to go to WDW with them so many times they don't really mind too much that we get away by ourselves.

Sure do! We love getting away on our own. But every few years or so we'll let the kids come along too!:goodvibes

We're not quite empty-nesters (our youngest just graduated from high school), but DH and I took a trip to WDW just the two of us, last summer and we had a blast!! We've been to DLR a few times alone, too. We have had a lot of fun as a couple and with our family. :)

DH and I are DINKS and have always enjoyed Disney so DVC was perfect for us. We enjoy both our trips to WDW and our trips on DCL.

We've obviously (by my siggie) got young kids, but...

We went to WDW before my kids were born....I'm sure we'll go after they leave the nest. If they want to come with....great. If not...more space for my wife and I. :)

Our DS (at 17) decided he did not want anymore WDW. So, that was that--so we thought. ;)

DD was/is hooked. :rotfl:

Years later when he was 25, we thought it would be fun to have another family trip to Disney, so we offered to take DS and a few friends to the Daytona 500--if they'd stay on DVC points at the BWV. They happily agreed. Prior to their arrival, they proclaimed that they would not be spending any time in the parks; however, after checking in, they immediately purchased tickets, and they were off to Epcot! :rotfl2: They were all hooked on the Mouse!

Now, he's 30 and goes to WDW on his own using our points. We allocate enough for DS and DD to both stay for 5 weeknights a year. But he definitely has a good time there! pirate:

It's so much fun to be there with them! :cloud9: BUT--we also enjoy going without the kids, and I go solo a few times a year.
:woohoo:

DW and I are in our 50's and our eldest has a 3-month old. So this is going to be really fun. I get to do the stuff that I used to do with my children many years ago, except now, it's with my granddaughter.

Same here. We're having more fun with our 21/2 year old DGS than we ever could alone. LoL Our son now has a 5 year old step son who will joining us for his first ever trip to WDW in october and we are thrilled. I'm not sure we'd ever be able to make any trips for just the two of us because our adult kids love it so much. They do their own thing though and we do ours so it works for us.

I just turned 50 :eek: and my wife is 32. We don't have any kids, and we enjoy going to WDW.

We're both 49 and our last trip with our kids was 6 years ago when our youngest was 17. We enjoyed our trips with our kids, but we really enjoy our trips with just the 2 of us. WDW doesn't matter so much to us anymore we go there about every 3 years. DVC is what matters to us now. We are planning for our next trip to include our 2 adult kids & 1 DIL.

Our "kids" were adults by the time we purchased DVC. We are 60's now, and LOVE traveling to WDW by ourselves or with friends. The "kids" come along with the grandkids, but we cherish our "couple" time most at DVC! We make sure we never invite guests more than 1 trip a year.

My kids are all in their 20s now. Sometimes they come with me, and sometimes they ask to use some of my points. And then sometimes, like this September, I go with my friends.

We have a son 32 and daughter 27. DW and myself just returned after staying a week at OKW and it was one of our best trips yet.

We have one kid out and two in high school. My DW and I go to WDW at least twice a year with no kids, and twice with the kids kids. We really look forward to our trips as a couple! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter