DVC Adults or Empty Nesters

Just waiting for they days when DH & I can go alone(my MIL is too old to leave the kids with and my Dsis at 39 reverts to the age of my eldest(10) when they are together :rotfl: , so that's out until he gets older.

Single, no kids and I LOVE going to WDW. I bring my parents who are 78 and 68 and my niece who is going to be 21 next month. We have always loved WDW, but now that we're DVC members we're enjoying it even more.

A couple of years ago, while visiting family in FL, my niece and I had ONE day to go to a theme park. I told her it was up to her and she could pick anyone-Universal, Sea World, Disney or Busch Gardens. She picked Magic Kingdom! At 19!! She said that it will always be her favorite because it has something that NONE of the other parks have. She couldn't explain it, it was a "feeling". I completely understood!

We didn't buy into DVC until our youngest DD was in high school. We got in 2 or 3 trips before she graduated, but since then it's been just us most of the time! The only exception is when we go for the F & W Festival. We invite at least one other couple to go along with us, because this is a time when more = merrier.

Our second DD is expecting her first child in August. She says that they won't be taking the baby to Disney every year, but that doesn't mean the grandparents can't!:) I'm really looking forward to seeing WDW thru a fresh pair of eyes!

DH 66...,me 61.....he is retired as of end of wk.yippee...we go to WDW ourselves usually once a yr...met friends there is Jan....they are our age and also DVC....We just spent 6 days there with one of our kids DS 38 and DW and gr kids....Have owned since 2000......Our oldest grandson just graduated hi school.........hurray more time for WDW.................RETIRE...........

It's been a lot of fun reading these responses, so many of us share the same feelings and experiences. I'm 45, DW is slightly younger, we have no kids, but have always found WDW to be a magical place for us. I can't even imagine what it's like to be there WITH kids!

Since buying in to DVC 5 years ago, we've taken several trips to WDW and even HHI with family members, all adults. Watching my mom's face light up the first time she entered Epcot's World Showcase was all the childlike joy I need to see.

We don't have an "empty nest" yet, DS just graduated hs, and a DD13 still loves to go with her friends. This year DS is taking GF and DD is bringing a friend, so they go off and do their thing, we do ours, then get together for dinner/lunch etc.

Best of both worlds. DS is old enough to be on his own, DD hangs with us!

DeerH

We are in our early 50's. Kids are 26 and 25 but, alas, have yet to leave the nest! Left the kids at home for our March trip (someone had to watch the dog) and hope to do it again and again.... It was a wonderful time - almost like dating all over again. Visited multiple resorts, enjoyed the shopping and went through the parks at our pace with no particular schedule. The beauty of DVC is knowing you will be back. So if you don't see a particular show or event, it is no great loss. There's always next time!

40 and 44 here "won't say which is which" with no kids and we love Disney. Do hope to take neices and nephews in the future.

We do both, take a trip or two a year by ourselves and then take the family. I love the alone time and my Schedule... then there is nothing like seeing Disney in the eyes of my grands. It is a different trip! We are early 50's. Don't give up on your 17 year old, teenagers come around. :)

We are spending 5-6 weeks in the winter at SSR, OKW, and VB. We are waiting for the time to bring the grandchildren. Disney is for adults.

More DINKS here. DH and I are in our late 40's. We bought in to DVC in 2003. Added on in 2005. We have always loved Disney. It is great being able to do what you want when you want. Mmmmm.....a margarita in Mexico is sounding tasty about now. I guess I will just have to wait till September.;)

Our youngest is nearly 19 and we have only now taken the plunge to join DVC - looking forward to many holidays on our own and with (future) grandchildren.:thumbsup2

DW and I and mid-fifties and empty nesters. We live about 2 hours away from Disney.

We usually takes several 3-4 day trips each year plus some extra days if we get the urge get away for a day or so.

Both of our kids live in the Orlando area. It's always nice to drop in on them, contribute to the delinquency of their minor children then steal away back to Disney.

We are in our 50's with grown kids. Great fun when they are with us, but we have just as much fun on our own.

I am 51 and my wife is 50 and we a spending almost two weeks with Disney for our 30th anniversary next January. Five days at BWV, two days AKVC and the four day Disney cruise. Oh, our first grandchild arrived yesterday so now we can take her to Disney too!

I am 51 and my wife is 50 and we a spending almost two weeks with Disney for our 30th anniversary next January. Five days at BWV, two days AKVC and the four day Disney cruise. Oh, our first grandchild arrived yesterday so now we can take her to Disney too!

:cloud9: We are just behind you all... yet, just beyond.... we are both just about to turn 50 in August, and we are celebrating our 32nd anniversary. We love DVC and we love each other.... what else could anyone ask for? I am sure you all know what I mean...

Congratulations on the first grandchild! We'll be right there with you in August!

We're empty nesters and had been when we bought in '03. :goodvibes

Between DVC and our Cape May house, we hope to have many happy family times/vacations ahead of us. 3 DGC on one branch of our family and the other branch is just starting to grow.:love: We'll all be together next week in Cape May and then the DGC's family will be with us at VWL in October!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We have 3 young kids and do one adult-only trip every year...and wish we could do more!

DW and I first went to WDW in 1985 when I was in Orlando for business at the MN Twins spring trainging facility. At the time we were in our late 30s and we have been going back regularly since then. We have no children, but we are children at heart. We bought our first DVC contract in 1994 and have added on twice since then. We love the variety of things to do at WDW. Great theme parks, super restaurants, lovely golf courses and great accomodations and for DW a bit of shopping. I don't think DW would be a golfer if it hadn't been for the Grand Plans at the Grand Floridian prior to our DVC purchase.

We love to share our time at WDW with family and friends. In the time we have owned at DVC we have never had accomodations smaller than a 2 bed room. That is a lot of sharing of Magical moments with family and friends. As we enter our 60s, we look forward to many more years at WDW sharing with family and friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter