• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DxDDP: Exactly how do you share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents often pay for their adult children (staying in another room) so what’s the difference if we buy their meals cash or share dining credits? It’s sometimes easier to put all the credits on one room so one person can keep track.

Parents often pay for their adult children (staying in another room) so what’s the difference if we buy their meals cash or share dining credits? It’s sometimes easier to put all the credits on one room so one person can keep track.

Because that's not what people are doing and Disney knows they are losing money with the DxDDP somehow. I'm still not convinced they've figured out that it's people using child credits for adult meals. So far the only ones reporting back on the no-share are all adults. People are still reporting that they are being encouraged by wait staff to buy their kids an adult TS meal when on DxDDP. The kid's DxDP cost is only $43.47 per night which breaks down to about $14.50 per meal. An adult meal with app, entree, dessert, and specialty drink (alcoholic if using this credit to purchase an adult a meal) is easily $50 or more. That's a HUGE loss.

Even if they do know that's where the loss is coming, somehow they think prohibiting sharing credits will stop the loss.

That would seem to be an easy fix - child plan must get child meal. That has nothing to do with sharing meals. I know couples who always share meals because it’s too much food for some people. So Disney should have a uniform policy of no sharing or let it go how it’s been. The frustrating policy is inconsistency when some people are allowed and others are not.

That would seem to be an easy fix - child plan must get child meal. That has nothing to do with sharing meals. I know couples who always share meals because it’s too much food for some people. So Disney should have a uniform policy of no sharing or let it go how it’s been. The frustrating policy is inconsistency when some people are allowed and others are not.

It sounds like "sharing credits" in terms of use 1 credit for 1 meal to be shared by 2 people (except at Via Napoli) is still okay. The "sharing credits" in terms of using more credits than the number of people listed in a room is not okay anymore. It's confusing because "sharing credits" means two different things in these scenarios.

It does sound like this is all in an attempt to curb child credits being used for adult meals, but it doesn't sound like it's being done properly. For instance, in the scenario where you have a family of four - 2 adults, 2 kids - all with DxDP, are kids still being encouraged/allowed to get adults meals (so you would be able to use 4 credits as adult credits in a meal even though 2 should technically be child credits)? Or for the families who don't eat that much/share food family style, what's preventing them from using 2 adult credits only at one meal, and then the 2 child credits at a completely different meal as adults, since the credits don't distinguish between adult/child? You would still end up with 4 adult meals. Or say using all 4 credits at a signature for the 2 adults? I'm wondering how these scenarios are playing out right now.

I'll let you know in about 10 days.

We are headed down on Thursday for a week. We got the DxDDP for our room (2 adults, 2 kids). My parents are joining us for the long weekend. It was their Christmas gift from us- we paid for their room and their tickets. Our credit card is linked to their magic bands. We intend to pay for their food. To make it easy, we did the deluxe plan.

I planned out all our meals to include sharing some of our credits with them for the time they are with us. I DID plan to use adult credits for adults and child credits for the kids. For instance, our first night we are headed to Cali Grill. I expected to drop 12 credits there, 8 adult credits and 4 child credits. But Cali Grill is one that has been reported that there is NO sharing. So yeah, if we can't "give" my parents 4 credits while they are with us, but they are still encouraging kids to get adult meals, we might get 4 adult meals for our 8 credits and pay for a meal for the kids OOP. Seems silly to me, when we were intending to do it right- to use the credits to get the type of meals we "paid" for.

I struggled with changing the plans and ADRs but ultimately just decided to go for it. If we are limited, all the adults will get an entree (paying OOP for two) and we will share the 2 apps/2 desserts with the table. We do still plan to ask for a manager to OK our sharing with them. But we'll see.

We have two rooms and only got the DxDDP on one, with intent to share with the other room. Since our trip is happening next week, thanks to the comments on this thread I’ve switched it so that both rooms have the mid level DDP. It’s just not worth my stress on vacation to wonder how each meal is going to end. Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

We have two rooms and only got the DxDDP on one, with intent to share with the other room. Since our trip is happening next week, thanks to the comments on this thread I’ve switched it so that both rooms have the mid level DDP. It’s just not worth my stress on vacation to wonder how each meal is going to end. Thank you to everyone who has contributed!
Similar situation for us (all Disney adults) and we made the same change for our May trip. In my opinion, especially when you are paying for any of the dining plans, it is out of convenience as one last thing to worry with while on vacation.

It just doesn’t seem that it should be anyone’s business if you decide to use extra credits one day then pay out of pocket another day. Or use double credits for a signature meal one day then just eat snacks the next. I’m anxious to hear how future travelers make out in the next few months.

I’m going in May with myself and my adult daughter in one room and another child with spouse in another room. Planned on buying DxDDP for one room and sharing. Obviously following these threads closely.

It’s kinda disingenuous of the restaurant to make a stink about sharing with others not in the room, but encouraging a lower paying guest to purchase a more expensive meal to up the server’s tip and get reimbursed more from Disney.

You are also still allowed to use your credits in any way you wish right? 5 one day, 2 the next right? So why couldn’t guests with the credits order the meals then hand the meal over to the other dining members? Seems silly, but not allowing the paying guest to share credits seems sillier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter