Early December 2022 discounts?

lucky978

Mouseketeer
I see a lot of folks waiting for fall/late fall discounts. What about early December? Do they usually have early December discounts?

I see a lot of folks waiting for fall/late fall discounts. What about early December? Do they usually have early December discounts?
Historically they used to, but not sure that matters much any more. Last year, if I have my info correct, there were no GP discounts from 9/5 to 12/12. In previous years, especially pre pandemic, there was usually some kind of discount for early December and I think on average it was historically released late August or early September but sometimes as early as June/July. Impossible to say what the norms are now. We have a POR stay starting 12/2, so I'm in the same boat, hoping for some kind of discount release.

We were there the first week of December 2021 and there weren't any discounts on rooms. I think you have to plan as though there won't be and keep your fingers crossed!

We were there the first week of December 2021 and there weren't any discounts on rooms. I think you have to plan as though there won't be and keep your fingers crossed!
How were the crowds/weather that week last year? Hoping it's a slow time to go with comfortable temperatures!

How were the crowds/weather that week last year? Hoping it's a slow time to go with comfortable temperatures!

I was there first week of December last year, which is a time I usually love to go, I could not believe how crowded it was, several days we just left the parks and went back to the resort, which I almost never do.

I honestly think it might have been the pent up demand from the pandemic, am hoping it was because I'm considering another trip this year in the beginning of December, LOL!

I got an update from Touring plans for crowds for my dates. (12/4-10) Crowds went from 3s to - 6/7s.

I got an update from Touring plans for crowds for my dates. (12/4-10) Crowds went from 3s to - 6/7s.
I'm also not finding much availability for those dates now (which there was availability when I checked last week). So strange!

I'm also not finding much availability for those dates now (which there was availability when I checked last week). So strange!
Yea...I don't think discounts are coming. I am prepared for rack rate but a discount would have been nice!

Weather was amazing - I don't think it ever rained and it was sunny and warm. I wore shorts or capri pants.

I didn't think the crowds were that bad. Remy was just opened sort of - and was busy. I'm used to going during very crowded time so it was fine. it wasn't slow that's for sure.

Also most of the hotel availability also disappeared for that time period which was weird - no hotels available at all until closer to the date. Maybe a staffing issue? We were at one of the AS resorts and it definitely was NOT crowded and busy. Also was the most I've ever paid for a Disney trip - no discounts on anything!

Weather was amazing - I don't think it ever rained and it was sunny and warm. I wore shorts or capri pants.

I didn't think the crowds were that bad. Remy was just opened sort of - and was busy. I'm used to going during very crowded time so it was fine. it wasn't slow that's for sure.

Also most of the hotel availability also disappeared for that time period which was weird - no hotels available at all until closer to the date. Maybe a staffing issue? We were at one of the AS resorts and it definitely was NOT crowded and busy. Also was the most I've ever paid for a Disney trip - no discounts on anything!

Interesting that you, too, saw the resort availability decrease recently. I should have booked the hotel I wanted last week when I saw it! I will have to just keep trying but it makes it so hard to plan.

The weather sounds perfect - that's exactly what I'm hoping for!

Have a great day!

Interesting that you, too, saw the resort availability decrease recently. I should have booked the hotel I wanted last week when I saw it! I will have to just keep trying but it makes it so hard to plan.

The weather sounds perfect - that's exactly what I'm hoping for!

Have a great day!
Sorry I was unclear - I meant that last year the same thing happened that resort availability dipped dramatically and few if any rooms showed being available around early December. People were wondering if it was "sold out" as in full capacity. However our resort wasn't that busy and didn't seem fully occupied so I think it was a staffing issue. I just wonder if the same thing is happening this year that they've taken rooms off the market to rent. I've been in those resorts during spring break or summer and the resort was WAY more crowded than on our December trip. I think if you see a room you want go ahead and book it so you have something. They may open up again as you get within a month of the date. I wanted a room only reservation so I don't know how it was for packages.

Good luck!!

Since it’s still the 50th and the party is back, I don’t think there will be any. I would love to put that extra money back into souvenirs lol.

I was there mid first week through the second week in both 2020 and 2021. Huge difference in crowds. 2020 was was not busy at all, due to covid, and it was chilly, highs only in the mid 60's but sunny. Last year it was very crowded, I was surprised. And it was HOT, upper 80's. Complete opposite of the prior year. It was still a great time, just busier than expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter