Early December 2022 discounts?

I wonder why our week was not included? They don't have POP Warner there anymore, maybe because the rates are already lower for that week? Odd & disappointing. I would have really liked a discount. But I don't want to change my Dec 3-12 dates.
Me either. I'm going for my 50th that week. I WILL be in MK when I turn 50!

Looks like with our dates of December 9-16 for 2 rooms at CBR, I would have to change to room only Dec 9-11, then do Dec 11-16 with discount and buy tickets separately to save about $300. Same room category not available so we would have to check out and back in. Not too sure if I want to do that with a toddler and 6 people. Anyone have suggestions? Anyway to avoid switching rooms?

Looks like with our dates of December 9-16 for 2 rooms at CBR, I would have to change to room only Dec 9-11, then do Dec 11-16 with discount and buy tickets separately to save about $300. Same room category not available so we would have to check out and back in. Not too sure if I want to do that with a toddler and 6 people. Anyone have suggestions? Anyway to avoid switching rooms?
You could ask at check-in if you could stay in the same room when your reservation changes. If the resort is not at capacity, they may be able to do that for you.

Picked up 2 nights at POFQ dec 11-13 was set up at the hilton near disney springs so for about another 100$ we get a disney resort for a few days before we more to VGF.

Agree, too much of a hassle.

Sadly, about a day before this was released, I was talking with a travel agent I've used in the past who specialized in Disney. She said last year only 12 days were discounted at the end of the year, and I think it was this same time frame. We have a 12/2 trip scheduled, so it is looking more and more like we will pay rack rate for the first time in years. Normally we've gone under some kind of free dining or Stay, Play, Dine package. Not sure why, but seems like it would make more sense to discount earlier in the month vs around Christmas week. Just seem counter intuitive.

Sadly, about a day before this was released, I was talking with a travel agent I've used in the past who specialized in Disney. She said last year only 12 days were discounted at the end of the year, and I think it was this same time frame. We have a 12/2 trip scheduled, so it is looking more and more like we will pay rack rate for the first time in years. Normally we've gone under some kind of free dining or Stay, Play, Dine package. Not sure why, but seems like it would make more sense to discount earlier in the month vs around Christmas week. Just seem counter intuitive.
I just looked up the rack rates for POFQ Garden View for December--just as an example. I realize other resorts might have different "seasons" and rate structures:

Dec 2 - Dec 8: Winter--$348/$371
Dec 9 - Dec 15: Winter2--$375/$412
Dec 16 - Dec 25: Holiday--$440
Dec 26 - Dec 31: Holiday2--$453

So I think it's possible that they discounted later in December because it was already a higher price than earlier in the month. The discount (maybe?) brings the price down to what it is earlier in the month. Just a guess here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter