Early December 2022 discounts?

I just can’t help but wonder what the parks will be like with almost zero rooms available!

I'm looking and it's showing very few resorts available at rack rate for early December. I know DVC is very popular the first week in December. Something has to be going on. Staffing??

Well, I moved my dates one day forward and was able to get Gran Destino in early December for $150 less than the reservation I had at POFQ, so I'll take it! Would still rather come in on the date I was originally looking at, so I'll keep checking until I book my air fare.

Our dates are Dec 9-16. Almost all resorts are available except for the monorail resorts and WL. We have 2 standard rooms at CBR. Even just 10% would save me $500, really hoping to save something.

We just rebooked our December trip. Originally had Dec 7-15 at POFQ river view at rack rate. Now have Dec 7-16 at POFQ garden view at AP rate, and it's $407 less than our original reservation. And we get one extra day at WDW. Awesome!

Supposedly discounts for the holidays will be released tomorrow for Disney Plus subscribers

I have read that if you have an existing reservation, you can pull up your reservation & click "change reservation" & it should show the option for the Disney + offer.
Here is my question.
I have a package for both the hotel & 10 day tickets. I already have all my days scheduled & I booked when you could also add the Genie Plus to all the days of your park tickets, which I did.
If I do the "Change Reservation" to get the Disney Plus offer, will that mess up my reserved Park day tickets, do I have to re-do those? And will I lose my Genie Plus for every day of my 10 day park ticket from my prior reservation?

I would love the discount, but I don't want it to mess up my prior park reservations, tickets, & Genie Plus purchase.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

I have read that if you have an existing reservation, you can pull up your reservation & click "change reservation" & it should show the option for the Disney + offer.
Here is my question.
I have a package for both the hotel & 10 day tickets. I already have all my days scheduled & I booked when you could also add the Genie Plus to all the days of your park tickets, which I did.
If I do the "Change Reservation" to get the Disney Plus offer, will that mess up my reserved Park day tickets, do I have to re-do those? And will I lose my Genie Plus for every day of my 10 day park ticket from my prior reservation?

I would love the discount, but I don't want it to mess up my prior park reservations, tickets, & Genie Plus purchase.

The only way to know is to try. You can try it and not finish the purchase if it makes changes you don't like.

Here is my question.

You could call the Disney reservations number today and see if they can tell you.

Thank you for the replies, I will wait until tomorrow to see if the discount will be for our travel dates Dec 3-12 & probably try both scenarios. Thank you !!! I was curious if this had happened to anyone else with the prior offer that was thru September.. meaning if they lost their previously scheduled park dates & Genie Plus feature by applying the Disney Plus discount.

Well, as in usual Disney fashion, you can't access their website this morning to check for discounts.

$50 off per night at POFQ for my dates. The only discount at WL is for the fireworks view room which appears to be about a 10% discount, still too expensive for me - $800 a night with the discount!
Interesting that all of the room categories at WL are showing as available for my dates without the discount but they are only discounting the most expensive room.

I can’t get the discount either. My dates are Dec 4-10. :(

I wonder why our week was not included? They don't have POP Warner there anymore, maybe because the rates are already lower for that week? Odd & disappointing. I would have really liked a discount. But I don't want to change my Dec 3-12 dates.
My rack rate for those 10 days for Gran Destino Tower Water View is:
$420 for 12/03
$391 for 12/04
$391 for 12/05
$391 for 12/06
$391 for 12/07
$391 for 12/08
$459 for 12/09
$459 for 12/10
$452 for 12/11

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter