!!!! Early Roll Call for January 21 2006 Eastern Magic Cruise !!!!

the4nitz's

DCL Veteran Cruiser
I guess it's never too early to start a roll call for a cruise. Our family just booked for the January 21 2006 Eastern Magic cruise. We tried to get one of the SPH rooms, but they were all taken, but we are waitlisted in case one opens up. It will be DW, DD3, DD6 and myself. Anyone else out there yet?

Hi there, we're on the 01/21/06 Eastern also, DW, DS10, DS8. We were originally on the 11/21/05 but had to change due to work. Looking forward to going again, this will be our second cruise. We got one of the SPH cabins, 5020.

Brett

"Waiting to live the dream again"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

Welcome plenam! We like cruising in January. The weather was in the mid to high 70's on the Mickey Boat. While back home it was zero. We are in room 7001 & have early seating.

I see that you are from Wisc. too. We're leaving out of Milw., at that time of year I'd rather get a direct flight to Fla., anyway I love the chocolate chip cookies that Midwest hands out.

Brett

We will probably fly out of Milwaukee too. On our past cruise & the one coming up in Janaury we are flying midwest out of Milwaukee. When we booked this last time directly with midwest on the internet, we were able to pick our seats right away. It is about 2-3 hour drive to Milwaukee for us. The chocolate chip cookies are yummy.

We just changed our room to 5520 SPH. I looked on dcl site today & it was available. Called TA & had them switch rooms.

Clarry

Congrats on getting the SPH room. :cool1: We'll have to compare views, we're in 5020 SPH.

Brett

Hi Everyone!

We are so excited to be going on this cruise with all of you! We are from MN, and feel January is a great time to cruise. It really breaks up the winter for us. We are not big swimmers, so the cooler water does not bother us. We just like to lounge and take in the beautiful ship. :earseek:

We will definitely be flying in the night before. Normally we stay in the MCO area, but we might mix it up and try the Raddison at the port. Have any of you stayed there before? I hear great things on these boards about the quality and the convenience.

I believe we are in 6048, which directly opposite 6548 (where we will be in just 35 days!!!). Hopefully we will like that location. Both rooms have a pull down bed, which DS7 really likes.

Welcome aboard PiperG. We will be getting on the Magic, when you you are getting off, this January (we have room 6558). We liked the mid ship location this past January. We haven't told DD's about the cruise in 2006 yet.
Hopefully DD's will like the pull down bed. This past January we had a pack 'n' play in the room.

This past January we stayed at the Holiday Inn - Cocoa Beach. This coming January we are staying at the Quality Inn by the Airport. Don't know about 2006 yet.

Hope everyone has a safe & Happy Holiday!

Clarry

the4nitz's said:
Welcome aboard PiperG. We will be getting on the Magic, when you you are getting off, this January (we have room 6558). We liked the mid ship location this past January. We haven't told DD's about the cruise in 2006 yet.
Hopefully DD's will like the pull down bed. This past January we had a pack 'n' play in the room.

Clarry

How funny! We are almost cruising together twice! We have 6548 for our upcoming Eastern. . . . .close to your cabin. Then, we are switching to the same cabin, but on the opposite side of the ship for 1/06 (6048).

It looks like all of us from the upper mid-west are planning similar escapes from the cold!

O.k. . . .any bets on the Christmas Eve game between the Vikings and Packers? LOL

PiperG
After todays game, no bet!!!!

Brett

Hey PiperG,

I see in your trip report that you said your from New Mexico. I used to own property down there, I had a place up in Mogollon, north of Silver City. Just love it down there, in my younger days I did a lot of backpacking in the Gila Wilderness (best kept secret in the US). What part of NM did you hail from?

Brett

plenam said:
Hey PiperG,

I see in your trip report that you said your from New Mexico.
Brett

We are orignally from California, and lived in NM (Albuquerque) for two years before moving here. We really loved NM. The weather is perfect. . . . not too hot, not to cold. Snow or ice just once a year. Over 100 degrees only a few days each summer. And, it always cooled down very comfortably at night, as we were high dessert.

Of course, what we loved best was the food. We still have Bueno red chilie shipped up here so that we can have breakfast burritos and Chicken-Chilie cassarole.

Just want to wish all the Jan. 21 cruisers and all DISer's a very Merry Christmas!! May all your countdown clocks go by quickly!

Brett

Brett,

How old are your boys? Our DS will be 8 this March, so almost 9 for our 1/06 cruise.

PiperG,
Our boys will be 9 and 12 on the 1/21/06 cruise....say, how 'bout those Vikings!!!!!

Brett

plenam said:
PiperG,
Our boys will be 9 and 12 on the 1/21/06 cruise....say, how 'bout those Vikings!!!!!

Oh. . .the poor Vikings! We had friends over on Christmas Eve, with dinner served shortly after the game. We all had to work really hard to lift the mood after the Packers kicked that last field goal. DH says someone will have to lose for the Vikes to make the playoffs. We will see how that goes.

Hopefully we could hook up your youngest and our DS. That would be nice. We will need to arrange for a kids "Dismeet" of some sort once we get a bit closer. On our January '05 cruise, it is mostly DD's (someone on that thread is keeping a list). Of course, the kids have a great time no matter what, but it would be fun to find a buddy in the exact age group early on.

I hope you had a great holiday. Was it cold in WI? 12/23 was our 15th Wedding Anniv so we went out to dinner that night. It was 14 below when we left the restaurant. Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter