!!!! Early Roll Call for January 21 2006 Eastern Magic Cruise !!!!

We fly out of Milwaukee, Friday afternoon. Looks like we will have no snow on Friday. Though Orlando & Port Canaveral has a chance for rain on Friday & Saturday. In less than 1 year we get to go again. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Right now I'd take the rain in Fla. vs the cold in Wisc....Enjoy the Midwest chocolate chip cookies :cloud9: .
Brett

"Waiting to live the dream again"

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :bounce: :bounce:

We're back, hated to leave the Mickey Boat. But in less than 1 year we can go back. DD5 - Makenna cried last night, she didn't want to leave. We had beautiful weather - mid to high 70's all week. Castaway Cay on Friday was very windy almost didn't dock.

Welcome home. :cheer2: Glad you had a great time. How was the weather in Florida before the cruise? Kids want to know if they could swim at that time of year before we leave the dock.
Brett

"Waiting to live the dream again"

On Friday in Orlando it was rainy, in the high 60's. We had an 11:45 flight from Orlando on Saturday. We were picked up by Happy Limo at 8:15 & we were at the airport by 9:30, dropped off by Midwest curb-side check in. We had resereved a large sedan to pick us up, but a Hummer stretch limo showed up instead. It was awesome! We will have them pick us up again next year too.

the4nitz's said:
We had resereved a large sedan to pick us up, but a Hummer stretch limo showed up instead. It was awesome!

We had that hummer stretch on our way out to the port 1/22. Unfortunately, our Happy Limo experience overall was not so happy. Despite our numerous calls to confirm everything, there was a problem with the ressie. However, that was a nice limo ride in hte Hummer.

I am glad you had a great time on your cruise. Our 1/22 Eastern was so amazing. We also had great weather. It was windy but warm at CC. When I woke up in the a.m. on Friday, I went out for a walk on Deck 4 as the ship approached the island. I was a little worried we would not dock due to the wind, but we made it with no problem.

I am looking forward to our cruise next year with all of you. Having that scheduled helps with the post cruise depression syndrome. DH also booked one for 12/6, with the intent of moving it to Jan '07 when those rates come out. Another Eastern. . . we like the days at sea.

We would like that as well!

Although, I admit we had a wonderful time at Great Bay Beach in St. Maarten and can't wait to do that again. We opted not to do an excursion. GBB is not the most beautiful beach, but we enjoyed watching the ships and water taxis while we collected shells and made sand castles.

The QM2 was in port (tendered) while we were there. Wow, that is a big ship.

I am so glad you bumped up this thread! I needed a reminder that we are less than a year away from our next magical trip to pull me out of my post cruise depression. LOL.

DH and I are thinking about a quick trip to WDW in late-October when DS7 has a break from school. It would just be for a few days, but would be fun. Has anyone ever stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins? We normally stay at the Poly, but thought it would be fun to stay somewhere different. The cabins look very big and you can rent golf carts to get around the grounds. PM me if you have any feedback.

As far as excursions for our cruise, we are already thinking about doing Megan's Bay. Has anyone done that before? How much beach time do you actually get?

With all the snow today, really look forward to the cruise, to bad it's 11 months away :sad2:

Brett

Two families and a single from Nebraska. Never cruised before but really looking forward to it. Kids ages 3, 3, 5 and 7...made the mistake of telling them about it already...gonna be a long year!
Glad to meet a few folks who will be there with us.

Jason Truman

Welcome ameejason, if this is your first cruise, this is the place to be. You'll find alot of good info on this board. I see that you told the kids, boy, are you in for a long summer :teeth: . Again, welcome aboard.

Brett

Welcome aboard ameejason. This is the place to learn all you need to you before you cruise on disney. This will be our 3rd and we love them. Any questions ask away.

Craig

Well at least there is someone to talk to about our cruise. My 6.5 year old daughter says "MOOOOOOOOM stop talking about Disney!!!!, you are the only one who is so excited." Hard to beleive I know but I guess I do go on about it quite a bit. This will be our first cruise. It will be my then 3 and 7 year old girls, my husband, my dad and me!!!!
We just got back from Disney World a few weeks ago and so my daughter is still worn out from that trip.
Sandie

Hi SandieT,
Welcome aboard. :wave: You'll find that you are in good company here, :crazy: if you need any group support, :grouphug: this is the place. Being this is your first cruise, ask away, we will help answer any and all questions.

Brett

Welcome aboard Sandie T.

Our last cruise must have had an effect on DD-3, whenever we go anywhere she never wants to go home. We ask her where does she want to go. She says the Mickey Boat. :rotfl:

I a first timer going on the 1/21/06 Eastern. This site has been a wealth of information, but I have some questions maybe someone can help me with. I have 4 kids and 2 of them are booked in a room the their grandparents, how (if I can) make sure they are seated with the rest of us at dinner? Should I contact my TA or Disney directly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Good to see there is going to be a lot of Midwesterners on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter